Black Santa Shot by Pellet Gun (VIDEO)

This story was all over the Interwebz over Christmas. The Washington Post sent their crack team to cover the attack. “D.C. police said they had not made any arrests but suspect that the pellet gun was fired from a line of apartment buildings flanking Stevens Road.” I refrained from blogging it because A) Bacardi Reserve and B) it’s needlessly inflammatory, given lazy-eyed Fox News babe Megan Kelly’s comments about Santa’s ethnicity and our Quote of the Day guy who figured Ms. Kelly was inspiring a gun nut to shoot St. Nick. But here it is, on video. And man there are a lot of first responders in the background. The Post says they were already part of Santa’s entourage. Anyway, Santa recovered, presents were delivered. Including a large number of Red Ryder BB guns.

comments

1. avatar IdahoPete says:

I would look for a kid who got underwear and socks for Christmas …. (and a pellet gun last year).

1. avatar Cliff H says:

I would look for a kid who got coal this year (and a pellet gun last year).

2. avatar Braenen says:

All of the stories I have read lead with something like “Black Santa Shot!!!”. There or four paragraphs down they reveal it was a pellet gun. Worse yet, this guy played it up by taking an ambulance ride.

1. avatar Mike says:

Worse than that, if it’s run at the same time, or near on the webpage to the “Santa is white” flap, the moron class would be led to equate the two into “Black Santa shot by racists who think Santa should only be white”.

2. avatar Ed Rogers says:

” Worse yet, this guy played it up by taking an ambulance ride.” Really?! Have you ever been shot with a pellet gun?

Making the victim out to be a perpetrator of some anti gun conspiracy doesn’t do the 2A cause justice.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Damn right. A good pellet rifle will kill a squirrel easily… it can also kill a human, given enough time. .17 isn’t that less lethal than .22.

3. avatar Jus Bill says:

“This was almost certainly a teenager being a punk. To equate this event with “inner-city violence” is pure hyperbole.”

Huh? This the gun-free Federal paradise, SE DC. Walk around there some night, son. You’ll certainly find some “inner-city violence.”

3. avatar C. Walther says:

Sounds like he didn’t pay Riley Freeman what he owed.

1. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

OMG I was thinking the same thing…LMAO…he does kind or resemble uncle ruckus.

2. avatar Conway Redding says:

What? A TTAG reader who is familiar with “Boondocks”? My faith in humanity is restored.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

You got to pay what you owe Santa!
        Sincurly, The Santa Stalker

3. avatar Hannibal says:

Yeah but I don’t think even Riley was using pellets… probably airsoft…

4. avatar Frank Masotti says:

Could have been a liberal who hates Christmas, and nothing to do with the color of his skin. That’s my 2 cents worth.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

Your 2 cents worth is the bizarre wet dream of every white male conservative christian with a persecution complex…

5. avatar stitch1870 says:

Shitty people gonna do shitty things to other people for shitty reasons. Good to see Santa isn’t worse for the wear.

I hope he wasn’t shot by a white Hispanic.

1. avatar A-Rod says:

too soon man, too soon. (But very funny)

2. avatar Jus Bill says:

Not there. In the DC/MD burbs.

7. avatar great unknown says:

can anybody tell me what is the percentage of non-minorities that live in those apartments? and then let’s estimate how many of them watch Fox.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Or even know who Megyn Kelly is.

8. avatar Jonathan -- Houston says:

Sounds too convenient, too perfectly timed, too staged. Notice it was a non-lethal pellet gun reportedly used? Interesting. Get to maximize the whole black Santa getting shot and Fox News is an evil media leviathan narrative, but without, you know, that whole getting killed by a real gun thing. Uh huh. Aren’t there any crop circles to report on this year?

1. avatar Hannibal says:

I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I find it interesting that you call it a “non-lethal pellet.” Of course it’s non-lethal, he didn’t die, but would you call something a “non-lethal .22 bullet?”

9. avatar tommyr says:

I was shot in the keister(tm) many years ago with a BB. Stung but that’s it. I was halfway up a 12′ ladder at the time. Santa had a lot of padding so he’ll be fine!

10. avatar Bob says:

Over-react much?

C’mon, we play Airsoft with less gear than that. We come home with welts but nobody whines and nobody needs an ambulance.

1. avatar Hannibal says:

I’ve been hit with airsoft. I’ve hunted with pellets. They are not the same thing, buckaroo.

11. avatar Hank says:

All that padding and he even felt it? And they had to cart him off in an “ambalance” for a hicky? Call me racist but I smell another racial hoax. Yeah, I’m saying it was staged. Don’t be surprised if we discover the shooter was black too and a known associate of this guy.

12. avatar Tokamak says:

Santa should have stayed in the car (or sleigh). Doesn’t he know that the “stand your ground” laws are under review?

13. avatar Jake F. says:

Just FYI, her name is actually spelled “Megyn”.

14. avatar Joey says:

See, now this is why pellet guns can still be dangerous and used as a self defense weapon. It might not kill someone, but it sure can do a lot of damage and cause significant pain. Make sure that you are teaching your kids the importance of having fun SAFELY with pellet guns.

15. avatar CheckThisOut says:

I think pellet guns are a great way to learn how to shoot but they are still dangerous and should be handled with care because they are still weapons after all.