Quote of the Day: More of the Same, Only More Edition

1526340_723923750953436_838133760_n

“This seems analogous to a corporate takeover, where a large company sees the advantage of acquiring the social media and brand of a target company, but their agendas are the same. In this case, their anti-Second Amendment agendas won’t change.” – civil rights attorney Chuck Michel, High-profile gun control groups join forces [at usatoday.com]

comments

1. avatar Paul B says:

I think some truth in advertising needs to be applied. the Million Moms is around 130k followers. Not sure where the million came from.

It is also amazing to me how they through money at something and call it grass roots. The T.E.A. party is grass roots. M.D.A. is not.

2. avatar KingSarc48265 says:

Awesome pic!

3. avatar NYC2AZ says:

I think this might be a tactical error on their (MDA & MAIG) part. Time will tell.

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Why?

People who support them won’t support them any less for merging with another anti-gun group, the pro-gun community is very divided on issues, the anti-gun community is not.

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

MDA will cease to exist after the 2014 elections if the Republicans take back the Senate. . . .

1. avatar (Formerly) MN Matt says:

I doubt it, Dirk… I think they’d bellow all the more, with the media being their willing megaphone.

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

I agree. They have the Mighty Midget’s deep pockets to draw from now.

4. avatar James says:

Nothing really changes other than it is formal now that MALG (that’s not a typo, based on their proposals, it’s mayors against legal guns) funds MDA’s operations.

As I said before, if the big gun rights orgs have any brains, they will create sub groups specifically focus on women membership to blunt the emotional ploy MDA relies on. Counter it with mothers, grand mothers, daughters, & sisters saying they will protect their families and their own lives.

1. avatar Cliff H says:

Seems a smart move to me. Since Bloomberg will not have City of New York employees to man his organization pretty soon he is just finding warm bodies to take over those functions. Bought and paid for.

5. avatar mirgc says:

MDA has the face, Bloomberg does not
    MAIG has the money, MDA does not.
    On facebook I’d venture that 80%+ people who “like” MDA already “like’ MAIG.

6. avatar Edward Teach says:

That hand should be attached to a leering George Soros.

7. avatar Leadbelly says:

On the plus side, if either makes a serious blunder, legal or P.R. wise, perhaps it will bring both down with one shot. Think of it this way – bigger target, easier to hit.

1. avatar Jus Bill says:

Yeah, kinda like shooting a .22 at the Death Star. You may pick off someone in a life raft, but Darth Vader will never notice.

8. avatar ValleyForge77 says:

So what do you get when ‘Mayors Against the Second Amendment’ and ‘Soccer Moms for an Imaginary World’ merge?

I could think of a few bad punchlines, but it all just equals more ‘Nanny-state wahh wahh wahh’ crap to me.

9. avatar Chas says:

I’m wrong far more often than I’m right, but I said from the very beginning that MDA had the stench of MAIG all over it.

1. avatar ValleyForge77 says:

Yup, I should have stated it a little better… What happens when ‘Extremist Liberal Mayors Against the Second Amendment’ and ‘Elitist Soccer Moms for an Imaginary World’ admit that they’ve been shackin’ up?