And the FNS-40 Long Slide Winners Are…

OK yes, it’s taken us longer than usual to announce the winners of our latest content contest. Not to make excuses, but things have been a little hectic here at TTAG central command which is a good thing. If you’ve been keeping up, you may remember that Michael Stephenson took down the first FNS-40 long slide provided by FNH USA. And thanks to their generosity as well as the almost overwhelming response by our talented readership, we’re here to announce two more winners in both the video and written word categories . . .

Price Waterhouse has completed their tabulations and in the category of documentary short subject by a possibly incontinent contortionist, the winner of for best video is…wait for it…Tom in Oregon! Tom’s display of Weissian flexibility as well as an impressive cache of .22LR ammo clinched the victory – and a new pistol – for him.

Choosing a winner in the written word category was a little harder given the plethora of impressive entries. But the winner of the third and final FNS-40 long slide is Regina Slater for her real-life story of armed self defense. We hope adding this gun to the one she already owns lets her keep a heater more handy should the need ever arise again.

So thanks to everyone who entered, whether we posted your piece here or not. They were all much appreciated. And as always, thanks to FNH USA for their generous contribution of three coveted FNS-40 long slides which made our give-away possible.

comments

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Seriously? My entry created over 200 comments and discussed something extremely important about The Truth About Guns. I figured that had to be worth something. I suppose I could settle for a TTAG empty chamber flag if you ever get any. Or better yet, a brick of .22 LR ammunition!!!!! Now that would be something.

1. avatar Jon in NC says:

What a sore loser!!!

1. avatar uncommon_sense says:

And herein lies the limitation of printed words. Had you been talking to me in person, you would have been chuckling along with me.

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

And, this is what happens when you give out participation trophies…

1. avatar Jon in NC says:

+100

1. avatar Michael B. says:

For those of you at work and unable to watch Youtube, here’s a transcript:

Nelson: HA HA!

3. avatar John L. says:

So how’re those grapes tasting?

4. avatar ST says:

Wow.Uncommonsense just pulled an Obama with that comment.

5. avatar Nigil says:

Your sarcasm production unit is faulty. Try adding a manual override next time; I recommend /sarc.

2. avatar g says:

Congrats to all the winners! And thanks to TTAG for sponsoring these contests… they really do generate some interesting content.

3. avatar Lauderdale Vet says:

I’m buying one this week. I read somewhere that you can change the FNS slides out from FNS .40 to FNS 9mm and vice versa; since y’all have an in with FN, can you confirm?

1. avatar Fred says:

On Davison’s (gun genie) you can find an FNS with a 9mm and .40 S&W slide. It’s about $1000 MSRP and out of stock. I’m not sure if you can buy a complete slide assembly but apparently conversion kits are in the works.

Here’s some info on it: http://www.lawofficer.com/article/tactics-and-weapons/fns-9-mm40-pistol

1. avatar Lauderdale Vet says:

Thanks!

4. avatar mafic says:

Congrats to the winners! Hopefully we will see more user written articles in the future. Its nice to see different individuals perspectives on a topic of their choice. Plus they seem to get some good discussions going

5. avatar Pete says:

HUGE gratz to the winners. 😀 And thanks for the contest. It was fun. 🙂

1. avatar BDub says:

Ditto! Wins all around.

6. avatar Gregg says:

Congrats to the winners and to everyone who submitted, definitely enjoyed reading all of the posts.

7. avatar ValleyForge77 says:

I liked Regina’s story and think she will be well served with the new piece. Congrats, Regina. I hope more people read your story and are better prepared in case something similar happens to them.

1. avatar Regina S says:

Thank you, I appreciate it. I just hope everyone can take something positive away after reading my story.

1. avatar Adub says:

Your story was one of the best I have read and I think every woman should read it. It’s a shame Cosmo or Vogue would never run it, instead giving us “1001 Ways to Please Your Man” every month.

8. avatar silverwarloc says:

The authors posted here are some of the best that I’ve seen. Well thought-out. Cogent. Perhaps TTAG could publish more to include the non-winners.

1. avatar ValleyForge77 says:

couldn’t agree more. there were a ton of great contributions and I appreciated them all.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

I can’t promise every single one was, but I can say that the vast majority of submissions were published.

Homegrown content is always welcome. Send to guntruth@me.com, preferably with at least one lead photo of some kind, or at least an idea for one. More photos if the subject matter warrants. And include what name you’d like it listed under.

Cheers.

And congrats to the winners.

9. avatar miserylovescompany says:

There were a LOT of good entries, and any one of at least half a dozen would have been worthy of such a nice prize.

Tom

10. avatar Matt in Maine (formerly SD) says:

Well done and congrats to the winners!

11. avatar Regina S says:

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I would also like to congratulate the other winner. I also enjoyed reading the other entries and any one of them could have been a winner. Thanks again TTAG & FNS!

1. avatar Regina S says:

Oops, sorry for the typo. Thanks to FN!

12. avatar rawmade says:

Congrats to the winners! There were so many stories I didnt envy being the editors
    Too bad im a terrible writer lol.

13. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Awesome.
    Thanks everybody.

Thanks for the viddy. I really enjoyed watching you fold yourself in half like an old wallet. If there’s ever a career path for male pole dancers, you’re GTG. 🙂

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Hahahaha
        I try to stay in shape.
        I can also do sitting and prone at the same time.

14. avatar ST says:

Thanks for the opprotunity for me and others to contribute here on TTAG.

15. Wait…nobody is commenting on the goofy grip on display in the photo shown on this post?

You mean I’m the first????

Awesome.

What’s the goofy part?

1. The way he has his index finger on the front of the trigger guard.

1. avatar rawmade says:

Lots of people do that. I do on some guns. Helps keep muzzle jump down a bit.

16. avatar Charles Thompson III says:

Congratulations to the winners. I’m just glad that something I wrote got published by TTAG. That is reward enough in and of itself.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Most things that you see published that have Dan’s name at the top and “by so-and-so” under the lead photo are unsolicited submissions. We don’t specifically ask, people just send. If it’s reasonably good, it gets a slot.

1. avatar Charles Thompson III says:

Good to know, because I have lots of ideas. Still honored regardless.

17. avatar Aragorn says:

Congrats to the winners. Well done.

18. avatar tron says:

I wrote a couple articles that never even got published. Can you going to at least do me the courtesy of a rejection letter?

1. avatar rawmade says:

They would have to write a LOT of rejection letters. I assume a lot of people enter. Ive entered this one and the last one, and never got published, but im a shitty writer so I dont mind haha

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

There were a huge number of submissions this time around, so there was a decent number that didn’t get published. Determining which ones and slotting them in was all at Dan’s discretion.

I had to look yours up, but I recall liking the one you wrote about your first competition. I’ll see what I can do about getting one of them into the pipeline.