I’ll Never Shoot 3-Gun With Reloads Again — The Musical

Professional 3-gun shooters are a strange bunch. Point in case: making up songs about how using your buddy’s hand-loaded ammunition in a competition stage without trying it first is a very, very bad idea. Or, generally using Jayson Smith’s lightweight .40 cal loads. Anyway, Di uploaded this yesterday, and it was just too good not to share.

comments

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

OK, it’s not “Never Smoke Weed with Willie,” but I laughed.

2. avatar Anmut says:

Pretty funny – but tell me more about the girl running the camera. 🙂

1. avatar Kevin says:

She’s kind of obnoxious, for starters.

3. avatar Nanashi says:

Thanks for reminding me of the only song about paintball I know, by one of my favorite filkers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmwhF3vfkQ0

4. avatar Kyle in CT says:

Might I suggest a little Bob Dylan?

“I’ve got a hang-fire and I’ve been waitin’ so long
    Oh the squibs, they are a-jamming . . .”

5. avatar Southern Cross says:

There’s an old rule in competition shooting.

NEVER use another person’s reloads.

1. avatar Cyrano says:

+1000…

I believe the warning in every reload book I have read is… “what works for one rifle doesn’t necessarily work for another.”

All I can say is duh!

I was just reading the book “Reloading for Shotguns” last night and true to form they had a story about a guy who borrowed a 12 gauge reload to finish out a set. It had twice the kick and totally threw him off his game. Not only that but was loaded with the wrong shot, something that would disqualify you if caught.

6. avatar Ardent says:

The song was so good I was disappointed that it wasn’t full length. I smiled more on this than on anything today on or off the web. I was reminded too much of my own sojourns with matches and coming up short on ammo and using what you could find and while feeling his pain enjoyed the comic nature of his response. Melancholy I think it’s called. Anyway A very cool inside look at a current competitor, thanks.

7. avatar TTACer says:

Don’t knock it ’til you’ve tried it my friend.

8. avatar Oregon Hobo says:

MOAR!

Where is the full version? Where is the lyric sheet? This man could go onstage at any bar with that ditty and bring down the house.

#Hobo#

9. avatar Kevin says:

For those that don’t know, that is a spin off of Toby Keith’s “I’ll never smoke weed with Willie again”.

10. avatar bontai Joe says:

No sound at work, but watching it darn near made me seasick. Someone needs to invest in a tripod, SOON!