Buy A Double-Tap, Get $50 For Double-Tap Goodies

Image courtesy Double Tap Defense

If you’re thinking of hanging some double-barreled 9mm (or .45 ACP) ornaments on your tree this season, Double-Tap Defense is offering to spice up the deal for you with a $50 credit for every gun purchased.

We reviewed the Double Tap last summer, and the major operative word from the review seemed to be ‘ouch!’ Ouch for the substantial recoil, and ouch for the $499 minimum price. Maybe Double-Tap took this to heart. The $50 credit (only redeemable at the Double Tap online store) can almost buy you a fitted Pelican case, and if you wait a few months it should get you a fitted rubberized overgrip to reduce recoil just a little bit.

Click here for the full credit details.

comments

1. avatar Vhyrus says:

A 50 dollar credit?! Woooow….. now they’re only $150 overpriced.

1. avatar gloomhound says:

2. avatar WV Cycking says:

I was just getting ready to post “Why don’t they just reduce the price of these silly things by $50…?”

2. avatar Braenen says:

The only purpose for this weapon is in the Zombie Apocalypse. When you run out of ammo in every other gun you own, you can provide yourself and one compatriot with a honorable “exit”.

3. avatar Fug says:

It is like a Derringer met the Taurus Judge at Carnival, got really drunk and this was the hideous result.

4. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

A big bulky case in which to carry a pocket gun? Not moving the scales much for me. Maybe if they gave you both the .45 and 9 mm barrels for that price? No, that still probably wouldn’t do it, but at least I would pause for a second.

5. avatar Stinkeye says:

They should give you $50 worth of ibuprofen for the aching hands you’ll get after firing it. That might sweeten the deal.

1. avatar smackit says:

Now you’re talking….or maybe some kind heavy duty padded glove for the double fires.

6. avatar Swarf says:

No sale.

7. avatar SAS 2008 says:

I still can;’t find a use for this gun for me so $50 in credit would do nothing to convince me to purchase it. It looks like it has the ergonomics of square block of plastic so maybe someone should come up with a 3D printer version of this gun. 2 shots and throw it away.

8. avatar Albaniaaa says:

It’s a cool concept but I’ll still stick with my 380 ACP pocket pistol with 6+1 rounds. I could also just get a much cheaper but just as reliable Derringer.

How about a $400 rebate?

10. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Still just throw-away gun for a NOT throw-away gun price…

11. avatar Jonathan -- Houston says:

I specifically looked at the DT in 9mm, but passes. My EDC is a Glock 26, but it’s not great with suit pants. Too bulky for pocket carry and too much of a pain to tuck shirts with an IWB holster, let alone to present the firearm frim IWB. So I needed a pocket pistol, preferably holstered in right, rear pocket.

I went with the$199 Taurus TCP, .380, with an Uncle George holster. (Yes, George, not Mike.) Just couldn’t justify $500+ for the DT.

The TCP is working ok, though I did have a double feed my first session with it when I pushed the limit on double tap ability on Saturday. Tried a different ammo and problem didn’t repeat. So there.
    If the DT were even as low as sub-$300, I might have sprung for it, but $500 is too much for a niche application.

1. avatar Swarf says:

I looked at the TCP when I was in the market for a mouse gun. Seemed like a nice piece, and I like the last shot hold open, but I was too skittish of Taurus’ reputation so I went with the LCP. Glad to hear it’s working out for you.

Taurus made some pretty big promises about improving quality, so here’s hoping they’re actually standing up.

1. avatar Jeremy S says:

I ended up selling the DT that I purchased for the review linked above. Gradually dropped the price over the course of about 6 weeks and it finally sold for $350. My Taurus TCP is still my micro carry. Reviewed it here: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/05/daniel-zimmerman/gun-review-taurus-738-tcp/ I am not a Taurus fan, but can pretty confidently say this is THE choice in the .380 mouse gun category. Beretta PICO may change that or maybe just match this Taurus, at a higher price, but it has big shoes to fill even if you disregard the expected higher price.

12. avatar Kevin says:

Finally got to fondle one of these things yesterday. What a joke. Worst ergonomics and trigger I’ve ever experienced in a handgun.

Just a novelty to sell. I’d rather have an LCP.

13. avatar Cknarf says:

Man, you guys are really pimping this thing.