“With big game rifle season to open Saturday, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP) reminds hunters that bears are still out and active throughout the fall.” And so FWP offer the following advice for hunters who may encounter Grizzly bear-shaped predators.:
– Always carry bear spray, have it within easy reach and know how to use it.
– If you are going to be alone in bear country, let someone know your plans.
– Watch for fresh bear sign.
– After making a kill, get the carcass out of the area as quickly as possible.
– When field dressing the carcass, keep your can of bear spray within easy reach.
– Use special precautions if you must leave and return to a carcass, including placing the carcass where you can observe it from a distance when you return.
– Do not attempt to frighten away or haze a bear that is near or feeding on a carcass.