Colorado Pro-2A Voters Set Sights on Another Democrat, and Dems Fear They’ll Succeed

The news coming out of Colorado lately has given me a little more faith in the democratic process. Earlier this year, two Colorado state senators were kicked out of office for their votes against their constituents’ rights and their vocal belief in ignoring the voices of their constituents in what was one of the most embarrassing defeats for the gun control movement in recent memory. Despite the Dems and pro-gun control groups spending around 10 times as much as the NRA, they lost. And from the looks of things, the Democrats are scared out of their minds that it might happen again. So much so they’re prepared to pull the plug on the embattled senator currently being targeted . . .

In Colorado, if a recall is successful, there are two options.

1. The official in question can sit for a special election, where they square off against an opponent from the other party.
  2. The official can resign, and their party can pick someone to replace them.

When the first recall efforts succeeded, the Dems and their gun control co-conspirators didn’t think there was a chance in hell that they could lose. They decided to go ahead with the special election, gambling that it would be a confirmation of the desire of the electorate for more gun control, and would be a great propaganda victory for the party. What happened instead was a massacre, delivering the Dems a bloody nose and reducing their hold on the state senate to a single vote majority.

Now the game has changed. The gun owners have drawn first blood and with the senate hanging onto its Democratic majority by that one vote, there’s no longer any margin for error.

According to the Denver Post, the Democrats aren’t taking any chances. Should the recall effort succeed in collecting enough signatures to qualify for a vote, they plan to try and pressure Hudak into resigning so that they can substitute another Democrat in her spot. Hudak, however, isn’t on board with that plan. From the Post:

Democratic strategists grumble that if enough valid signatures are collected to force a special election, Hudak would be lobbied to resign so that a vacancy committee could then appoint a different Democrat to hold the seat until 2014. The move would kill the recall and preserve the party’s single-seat majority in the chamber, but Hudak said she has “no intentions” of resigning, should recall proponents gather enough signatures.

comments

1. avatar bobmcd says:

Would it be theoretically possible to recall the appointed replacement? Not to say there would be the signatures and/or votes to actually get it done, just idly curious.

1. avatar Peirsonb says:

Sounds like it *should* be possible. But there are goofy rules surrounding recalls. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were prevented from recalling the replacement until the replacement is actually elected.

2. avatar ErrantVenture11 says:

The point of a recall election is to kick the bums out for not listening to their constituents. If that means replacing a stubborn ideologue Democrat with a reasonable Democrat who actually listens to the people, that’s OK with me.

1. avatar Semper Why says:

I don’t think that will be the case if the party machine gets their way. They can replace Hudak with a lifelong Dem political animal as a placeholder until the next election. This new person 1) will not have been elected, so doesn’t have a list of campaign promises to live up to, and 2) will owe their job the Dem political machine.

2. avatar Treedodger says:

The best money you can ever spend is helping get rid of an anti-gun liberal. The two previous recalls in Colorado had national implications for those facing elections next year. Please do whatever you can to keep the momentum going.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Been there did that. Thanks for the link.

3. avatar JoshinGA says:

The bigger the ogre, the harder she falls.

1. avatar DDay says:

I’ll feel the tremors from this one on the east coast.

4. avatar Dr Sheets says:

Ok, a quick gripe to our scribes.

The hyphenated junction in “…pro-gun control…” should actually be pro gun-control. The hyphen connects the two words into a new pseudo word. Thus “pro-gun control” would be controls and solutions offered up by pro-gunners, while pro gun-control would be those who are pro for gun-control.

/HighHorse

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Impressive eye for detail, sir.

2. avatar Ing says:

I spy a copy editor who hasn’t given up on the internet…yet.
      🙂

3. avatar Mighty Mo says:

WOAH DUDE! You’re my hero. My ninth grade English teacher once told me that she hoped I could someday learn English as a second language…….then she called me a belligerent @$$hole……I still cry about it sometimes.

4. avatar JohnO says:

Thank you so much, Doc! Improper hyphenation is a pet peeve of mine. The lack of hyphens where needed, or their improper placement, can completely change the meaning of a sentence, as per your example. The AP Stylebook has an excellent guide to their use. Everyone writing for publication, even on the Internet, should own one.

5. avatar S.dogood says:

O.O some you know proper english on the internet …. THERE IS HOPE !!!

6. avatar Semper Why says:

Why yes, “anal-retentive” does include a hyphen. Why?

[grin]

5. avatar Rob.G says:

I’m not from Colorado, but right now I’m extremely proud of the people of that state!

Keep up the great work!!

1. avatar Sammy says:

Are ya watching this California?

1. avatar MattH says:

Oh man, we are watching like when Sofia Vergara goes to tie her shoes…

6. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

Just imagine, someone has to climb on top of that beast every once in awhile, good gawd.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I threw up in my mouth a little bit

1. avatar styrgwillidar says:

You are made of sterner stuff than I sir. I threw up in my mouth a lot… and on the floor, counter, wall… (thankfully avoided the keyboard)

but then I’ve heard the woman speak and her condescension towards a rape victim.

2. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

U make assumptions sir. I am more worried that she charges the cost of spare batteries to her campaign account

1. avatar NYC2AZ says:

Not fair. I was about to have dinner. Now I have to vomit.

3. According to Wikipedia she’s 62 years old. You could do a lot worse at that age, looks wise.

However, her attitudes about guns tell me pointing anything at her might prove unsafe. Rather not.

1. avatar gloomhound says:

Very true.

Don’t hate her for how she looks, hate her for what she has said and done. She truly is a nasty piece of work.

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

There is not enough cheap whiskey in the world to get drunk enough to even contemplate . . .

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

“You could do a lot worse… Look… wise…” 8\

3. avatar Herb says:

My wife turned 62 this year. She’s slim & attractive as in I love being seen with her in public. That’s without any comparison to this gungrabbing Colorado hag who is insensitive to rape victims to boot.

My wife is also a Camp Perry champion who can still shoot the socks off me with the M1911. I’m truly blessed.

4. avatar JohnO says:

This is the dame that stuck her hoof in her mouth about rape when the gun bills were being debated:

1. avatar Peirsonb says:

Now THAT should be grounds for immediate dismissal, even IF her facts were right.

What kind of human being can look a victim of violent crime in the face and say that the statistics show defending yourself wouldn’t have worked?

A lot of comments above reference her appearance, when it should be THIS that makes her a monster….

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I’m well aware of her notoriety, but I still think her pig like exterior is comment worthy.

5. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Gentlemen,

A little bit more class please …

1. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

I bet you’re fun at parties…

2. avatar Mamba says:

Oh, oh oh I’m sorry, this is “abuse”. You want Room 12-A just along the corridor.

1. avatar Herb says:

Oh, well then, thank you
          Not at all (…stupid git!)

2. avatar RockOnHellChild says:

SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE!

7. avatar Christian says:

“My favorite stories throughout history are ones where the hubris of the antagonist have caused their own downfall. This looks like it’s shaping up to be just such a story.”

SHHHH. THEY’LL HEAR YOU. DON’T JINX IT.

1. avatar Bob says:

Or as one of the greatest strategists of all time would say:
      “Never interrupt your enemy while (s)he is making a mistake.” — Napolean Bonaparte

I’ve read a couple things that indicate some recall efforts have started in California against some of their state senators and assemblymen who are the strongest proponents of gun-control. One can only hope…

8. avatar H.R. says:

Even if you’re not from CO, it is my understanding that you can still donate to help fund the recall effort. I’m very proud of the people of Colorado. Not because it’s guns (although I am a fan of guns) but because they are engaged and using the tools our system of government provides them with to hold elected officials accountable.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

I’ve already donated more than a hundred to the previous CO recalls, and I’m a cop from CA.

1. avatar Mamba says:

Thank you!
        (sent from Compound L, cell-block 14B, Peoples Republik of Kommierado)

9. avatar Sixpack70 says:

Fight to the end Hudak! We want you to keep fighting and continue to look like a totally vapid idiot! It will make your loss in an election go so much smoother.

10. avatar NS says:

any word on how many signatures so far?

11. avatar dwb says:

either way, shes out, and thats a win.

12. avatar Hannibal says:

“Hudak said she has “no intentions” of resigning, should recall proponents gather enough signatures.”

Of course she says that now, or she’d look weak. She’ll fold under pressure. Otherwise she’ll never get support for her speaking tour, or whatever else they’ll offer to get her out.

1. avatar styrgwillidar says:

Exactly. As long as they think she’ll run for election, they’ll provide support. If she claims she’ll go quietly– all support will stop right now. The threat of an election will be used to negotiate an appointment to a government position or something like that.

13. avatar benny says:

a wild JABBA THE HUTT appears!!!

14. avatar Roscoe says:

Good for her.

Go Hudak!!

Give those fellow Democrat nay-Sayers what-for…Pulease!

15. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

The recall campaigners need to emphasize repeatedly what she told an actually rape victim, not a theoretical what if argument, but a real victim. The audacity of her tone should piss off any feminist or we should throw the BS flag on their claims of “I am woman, hear me roar”

Yes, Shannon Watts – calling you out. If you and the Milfs Demand Action don’t condemn this ogre, then you are advocating the rape of women. Yes, I said it.

1. avatar Roscoe says:

Ah yes, but the REAL question is, are you…

…well, never mind…

2. avatar Ing says:

Yes. There’s a time to take the high road and there’s a time to get mean. It’s Mean Time.

Leave Democrat vs. Republican out of it for now and focus on Hudak. Voters need to be asked which set of rights they prefer women to have.

Evie Hudak says women have the right to:
      — Beg
      — Grovel
      — Point out how gross menstruation is
      — Soil themselves
      — Just take it

We say you have the right to defend yourself however you see fit. Even if the odds are against you. Even if it involves deadly force. It’s your choice.

Recall Hudak. Your dignity as a human being is worth it.

16. avatar Jahead1982 says:

Simpler solution, throw a bucket of water on her and see if she will melt, wanna bet?

1. avatar PNG says:

Dunno about that. It rains a bit in San Francisco and Feinstein’s still here.

1. avatar styrgwillidar says:

And Pelosi’s from around there as well.

17. avatar Slab Rankle says:

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but where were these pro 2A (presumably Republican) voters during the elections that turned Colorado into a one party socialist regime?

Ah, I know! They where were the Republicans of Virginia are right now, about to sit out another election and hand Clintonista Terry McAuliffe a double digit victory, promises of stiff gun control and all.

Whoever coined the phrase “closing the barn door after the horses have fled” obviously had these pathetic losers in mind. Do you here me, all of you Republicans who sit out election after election? YOU are to blame!

1. avatar Ing says:

Off topic, but has to be said… Slab Rankle is possibly the best internet handle ever.

On topic, I’m with you on this. I don’t like the Republican party, but I hate the Democrats. I used to vote D fairly often, but in the 3 years since I became a gun owner, I’ve seen the light.

There’s only one political party in America that’s actively trying to take away personal possessions I saved and paid good money for *and* have the Constitutional to own, and for all their faults, at least it’s not the Republicans.

I’ll vote against Democrats until the day I die — or until they become better protectors of the Second Amendment than Republicans. Whichever comes first.

18. avatar Pat says:

Remember, never vote libtard (democrat) again. I wonder if I am getting this point out? Maybe another 6 months to a year should do the trick. Libtard (democrat), libtard (democrat), libtard (democrat). Get the message? No? I have not even started the campaign.

19. avatar John C says:

Pravada aka the Denver Post keeps deleting my comments.

I love the smell of whine in the morning. Time for the fat lady to sing.

I understand some in CA will try to follow our lead.

I think I love the of smell whine more than the smell of napalm in the morning.

1. avatar styrgwillidar says:

They may try, but unfortunately, I don’t see it working. The folks in CA vote for their party like its their sports team. Party is part of their identity for many folks– even if a dem gets recalled he’ll be replaced by another dem. And the agenda is set by the dem leadership who are all the progressive nutcases.

20. avatar uncommon_sense says:

Pretty much all politicians who promote civilian disarmament are elitists. That being the case, this elitist (Senator Hudak) is no different. She knows better than the people in her own political party and she knows better than her constituents. And that, my friends, will be her downfall.

21. avatar JTwig says:

Those were always some of my favorite also, but I’ve discovered I enjoy them even more when I get to watch them happen live!

22. avatar Pencotron says:

I’m not normally like this but I just did a google image search on Governor Hudak thinking you guys picked an unflattering photo of her but no – she has got to be the most un-photogenic politician I have ever seen.

1. avatar Blue says:

She is not Governor but state senator. Chickenpooper is the Governor.

2. avatar Mick says:

She is definitely one of the bunch you’d need to have a pillow over the face, that is kept from dislodging by both knees and a flask of Holy Water…

23. avatar Aharon says:

Hideous. We must pass a law banning hideous looking women from holding office.

24. avatar Peter says:

What the Democrats really need are Imperial appointments for life.
    They should talk to their man Obama about it.

25. avatar Anonymous says:

Ms. Hudak’s logic on Guns:

“I just want to say, statistics are not on your side, even if you had had a gun. You said that you were a martial arts student, I mean person, experience in tae kwon do, and yet because this individual was so large and was able to overcome you even with your skills, and chances are that if you had had a gun, then he would have been able to get than from you and possibly use it against you…”

Guns put people on the same playing field regardless of the individual’s size. In fact larger people are at a slight disadvantage as they are a larger target. A woman need only pull a trigger and down goes a 250lb rapist. This clearly shows Ms. Kudak’s agenda is more important than rape victims, women’s defense, and the rights of Colorado citizens.

26. avatar DB Police says:

This article gave me just enough clues about this woman’s identity to do a google hunt and actually find out who we’re talking about. Its Evie Hudak of District 19. Westminster, CO

27. avatar Barstow Cowboy says:

The lady in that photo looks very strident.