The venerable Ruger Red Lable returns. Ruger hasn’t made the Red Label for about three years, but now it’s back, rested and ready. Externally, it’s hard to see what’s changed, but in their press release (after the jump) Ruger claims a “refined” mechanism a more centered center of gravity and reduced recoil. It also comes with a set of five Briley chokes, so there’s that, too . . .
Southport, CT – Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announces the launch of the newly redesigned Red Label over-and-under shotgun.
Known for years as a top choice of American hunters and clay shooters for its world-renowned rugged construction and handsome American styling – the Red Label returns.
The shotgun now features refined inner workings, a new center of gravity and reduced recoil. These new improvements deliver improved comfort and an enhanced shooting performance.
Shooters that have frequented the woods, fields and clay courses know the Ruger Red Label shotgun has been a reliable performer that swings easily. The new 12 gauge Red Label has a redistributed center of gravity for even greater instinctual swing and pointing. Two-inch extended forcing cones, maximum back-bored barrels and a soft Pachmayr buttpad enhance the shooting experience with reduced recoil. The Red Label’s familiar, low profile receiver reduces muzzle climb because the centerline of the bore is closer to the gun’s center mass. The new Red Label makes for an extremely comfortable shooting shotgun in the field or on the range.
“After 32 years of production, we put the Red Label on hiatus in 2011,” commented Ruger President and CEO, Mike Fifer. “We knew we could employ newer technology, improve the design and deliver a better performing Red Label. We have done that and restored the Red Label as the best American-made, over-and-under shotgun on the market.”
The Red Label features an American Walnut stock with a 1.5” drop at comb and a 2.5” drop at heel. Red Label shotguns are available with 26”, 28”or 30” barrels and each model features a 14.5” length of pull. The new models retain the Red Label’s classic lines and good looks, which are further enhanced by the new stainless steel top lever. The suggested retail price for all three models is $1,399.
Each shotgun includes a custom molded, semi-soft case, five Briley chokes (two skeet chokes and one full, one modified and one improved cylinder choke), a premium-quality Briley choke tube wrench and a safety lock.
For more information on the 100% American-made Ruger Red Label shotguns, or to learn about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To find accessories for Ruger® Red Label shotguns, visit shopRuger.co
- Automatic, two-position tang safety/barrel selector provides instant visibility and a ccessibility.
- Finely polished, stainless steel receiver is corrosion-resistant and has no exposed pins or screws.
- Reliable, single mechanical trigger that allows for firing the second barrel without recocking and features rebounding hammers for easy opening.
- Sleek, compact locking system is considered to be among the strongest ever built for over-and-under shotguns.
- Precision matched, blued alloy steel, cold hammer-forged barrels made of high-strength chrome-molybdenum steel feature 2″ forcing cones and maximum back boring for superior recoil reduction and more uniform patterns.
- 1/4″ dovetailed, free-floating, ventilated rib with brass bead front sight is stress relieved, contour-grounded, precisely fitted and silver-brazed (not soft-soldered) to the finished monoblock.
- Beautifully crafted, cut-checkered American Walnut stock features a traditional pistol grip, tapered, slim forend and a stainless steel latch release.
- A soft Pachmayr® buttpad is mounted on the 14.5″ length of pull stock, which features a 1.5″ drop at the comb and a 2.5″ drop at the heel.
- Five steel-shot compatible, screw-in Briley® chokes and wrench included, featuring two skeet chokes and one full, one modified and one improved cylinder choke, plus a premium-quality Briley® choke tube wrench.
- Also includes: custom molded, semi-soft case; safety lock
- Suggested Retail: $1399.00