New from Blue Force Gear: Sling Sleeve

Sling sleeves save slippage. Slippage sucks. Rid your rifles of sling slippage and you’ll carry confidently even when running rapidly. Blue Force Gear sells sling sleeves for seven bucks. If you fear fatal fallout from flippity floppy firearms during madcap maneuvers it’s well worth it. “All my guns got ’em,” Jason at Blue Force boasts. Make the jump for a proper product description . . .

Slings are essential for gun fighting but a pain in the gun safe, arms room, or back seat of your car if not stowed properly – a serious potential snag hazard.

The Sling Sleeve™ is a 5” long tube of military grade elastic that holds your sling neat and snag-free but remains ready for instant deployment.  To use, thread your sling through the Sleeve and then mount the sling to your rifle.  “Z fold” your sling taut and slip the Sling Sleeve over the bundle.  To deploy, simply grab the sling and pull.

The Sling Sleeve fits most two and three point slings including all models of Vickers Combat Applications Slings.

comments

1. avatar Renegade Dave says:

So Dr. Seuss is a contributing writer now?

And Z is for zizzerzazzerzuz as you can plainly see.

2. avatar DJ says:

Or… electrical tape.

1. avatar WRH says:

Or an elastic band. Or surgical tubing if you want to get fancy.

3. avatar tfunk says:

I’d buy THAT for a dollar!

4. avatar Jay says:

Blue Force Gear is a fine company. My sling broke on the hills of Afghanistan and I contacted the company. The customer service was outstanding and I have since mounted the new sling onto my ACR. Again, I am a Blue Force customer for life!!!

5. avatar JPD says:

Well! That certainly addresses several problems I have never had.

1. avatar Jeremy S. says:

I think you just jinxed yourself. Better knock on wood.

1. avatar Mark N. says:

How is he supposed to do that when his rifle is made mostly of plastic and steel?

2. avatar JPD says:

So what’s the big deal with the replies to my post? I have had slings on rifles and shotguns for 45 years. Learned to deal with them in storage, during transport, hunting, etc. No problems requiring a “fix”.

So, I’ll pass.

6. avatar Paul T. McCain says:

Well, I think it is actually a great idea

7. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

“…military grade elastic…”

Um, what MIL-STD is that covered under?

1. avatar Muddyboots says:

The spec for elastic and elastic webbing is covered under MIL-W-43334 rev.D. Not being a jerk, really. There is a freakin pile of paperwork behind anything and everything the military buys. BFG has enough NSNs and Barry compliance stuff as well as ASTM and ISO that they mean it when they say Mil-Std they mean it and can cite the number. Just remember that “MIL-SPEC” means a bracketed standard, NOT “the best” and “MIL-STD” is referring to a specific bracket.

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Thanks. I wasn’t trying to be a jerk either, I just thought “MIL-spec elastic material? There’s really a spec for such a trivial thing?”

8. I’ve been stealing elastic hairbands from my daughters and wife for exactly this purpose. Works great and costs almost nothing.

9. avatar Blehtastic says:

I enjoy the alliteration. Keep it up.

10. avatar JLR84 says:

I don’t think it’s worth replacing my current Vicker’s Blue Force Gear slings, but I do like the idea.

My guns tend to get all tangled up in the gun safe, so right now my half-assed solution is to fold over the sling and shove it up the magazine well. That takes out enough slack to keep them from getting tangled around one another.

1. avatar JLR84 says:

Never mind, I apparently fail at reading comprehension. I thought this was a built-in feature of certain slings, not an add-on to any of their slings. I’ll be picking up a few of these.

11. avatar C says:

me kinda gusta.

12. avatar David Trest says:

This sounds remarkably similar to my VTAC sling. Which has this built in. I can cinch the sling up to make it more snug, or quickly pull a tab and have it retract back out.

13. avatar Rambeast says:

Or you can buy a savvy sniper sling that has speed adjustment built in that would serve the same purpose. Having that sleeve sliding around on my sling when I don’t need another distraction seems like a bad idea. Convenient, but not an earth shattering innovation.