What Could Possibly Go Wrong: 9mm Vodka

9mm vodka

I’m not sure that vodka has the same price-no-object cachet as, say, distilled whiskey. Yes, the 9mm Voka bottle’s styling is cute (especially with the magazine shot glasses). And the quality of manufacture seems second-to-none (not that there are too many submachine gun-styled vodka decanters on the market at the moment). Still, I doubt there’s a enough of a high-end market for Hong Kong-based 9mm Vodka‘s ballistic bauble. Especially as they’re using a Hooter’s babe to pimp it (nice mini-gun). We shall see. Meanwhile, it’s 9mm because the liquid’s filtered with a 9 micron mesh, to “ensure absolute purity.” That’s punny.

comments

1. avatar SdubM45 says:

A 9mm Vodka is what you use to drink your way back to the AK-47 Vodka you should have brought with you.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

If this was a weekend caption contest, I think we’d be done in one.

1. avatar Ardent says:

Dare I say it. . . Absolutely!

2. avatar CyborgCowboy says:

I’ve seen Kalashnikov Vodka in a big, unwieldy AK-shaped bottle. Maybe someone can make me a 1911 bottle to squirt Colt 45 malt liquor into my gullet.

1. avatar defensor fortisimo says:

Let me guess, more stopping power

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Well you know thoes magical .45s can go through the bad guy killing him, his mother, grandmother and everyone else responsible for putting him on earth.

2. avatar William Burke says:

How many shots does it require to put you down?

3. avatar Tod says:

lol, you underestimate the depth of economy in Hong Kong. $1200 is tip money.

4. avatar PeterC says:

Amazing how silly people can get when they have more money than sense.

5. avatar Layne says:

“9 micron”

So we’ve gone now from .9mm to .009mm?

6. avatar sightpicture says:

Hopefully it won’t Popov on its own

7. avatar RandallOfLegend says:

Crystal skull vodka is filtered though Herkimer diamonds to infuse them with mystic energy. I say buy both, and put them in your luggage.

8. avatar Don says:

That’s a 0.009 mm mesh.

The sub-caliber wars have reached a new order of magnitude!

9. avatar Joe says:

can you pocket carry this?

10. avatar peirsonb says:

Having never been a fan of vodka I think I’d rather spend $1200 on the actual machine gun….

11. avatar Mike says:

CORRECTION: They’re asking $50 for what’s in the picture. $1200 is how much they’ve raised.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Curious, I just noticed you don’t actually get vodka, either.

“Federal laws dictate we’re forbidden to offer alcohol as a perk to backers.”

1. avatar Mike says:

i would assume it’s because Indiegogo doesn’t have any way to verify age. Realistically, I’m fine with that. I don’t mind paying $50 for the bottle, glasses and case. It’s a novelty thing. I’ll probably put whisky in it anyway.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Oh yeah, I totally get why. I just think it’s interesting that they don’t really jump up and down to make that clear. The product’s name is 9mm Vodka, after all. One would assume you’re getting vodka.

2. avatar OHgunner says:

I’d be in for $50. It’d make a cool decoration for a gun nut’s bar.

12. avatar nomenkulatura says:

“Product Layout – the main product and 4 “ammunition clip” shot glasses are presented in a durable aluminium flight case.”

*sigh al lum in i um. ALUMINUM! clip? clip. CLIP!

1. avatar Andy says:

In the UK, it IS AluminIUM… Not good grammar here in the US, but likely correct for HK…

1. avatar Don says:

it was “aluminium” before it became truncated “aluminum” in the US

13. avatar John L. says:

Then shouldn’t it be 9 micron vodka? (Micrometer symbol is “mu” m, which is usually typed as um if you don’t have a Greek symbol set.). The name’s off by three orders of magnitude…

Cheers!

14. avatar Don says:

The 9um doesn’t quantum tunnel through energy barriers as well as the .40um.

15. avatar Lance says:

I remember a AKM Vodka and a reporter showed it to Mikial Kalashnikov it ticked him off he doesn’t want his weapon to hold Spirits! LOL

16. avatar alex says:

9 micron = 9 micrometers.
    So it’s not a 9mm after all….

17. avatar Shaun L. says:

I’d be interested at $50 just to add the bottle/case/mags to my collection of random cool “guy stuff”.

18. avatar Jim Denoon says:

Gents, greetings to you all. This is Jim curator of 9mm, the aforementioned product. Thought I would take the opportunity to offer some clarity over the points that you raise.

1) Firstly on the micron issue. Indeed the vodka is filtered through a mesh of resolution, 9 microns. Hence, 9 micron-mesh. A micron being one millionth of a metre, or 0.009 millimetres. We have – slightly unconventionally – abbreviated the “micron” part to an “m”, and the “mesh” part to an “m” also. I’m aware that we’re slightly bending the rules here concerning conventional use of Greek letter: μ.

2) Spelling of aluminium, sorry, sided with the UK spelling here, more a force of habit than anything. Same goes for metre in (1).

3) I have researched the distinction between a clip & a magazine and changed it throughout. Forgive my ignorance here. Seems like I picked up on the wrong thing to mess up on. A real bug-bear amongst the firearms community!

4) It’s absolutely gutting that we can’t offer vodka in the product for our Indiegogo backers. That was of course the original plan. On discovery we couldn’t, we nearly pulled the whole plan of action & sought more traditional means of investment. We finally concluded that it’s the packaging that’s the star of the show – and the vodka just the supporting act. And as a continuation of this analogy; that the show must go on….

In closing, a quick note of thanks to those above that have purchased the product. Every pledge brings us a step closer to launching the product that we so want to produce and I guess you chaps would like to see.

Please do follow our progress and I look forward to sharing a drink with you all one day. If not in person, then figuratively at least.

Cheers for now, & all the best,

Jim Denoon

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Hey Jim, don’t sweat the whole 9mm vs .9mm vs 9 micron debate in the comments above too hard. It’s a running gag here that journalists can’t get their firearm nomenclature right. While .40 S&W or .45 ACP have decimals in front of them, 9mm does not, and yet know-nothing reporters will often describe the firearms in their stories as .9mm, which is a comical thing for those in the know.