How Not to Deal with Road Rage

If I were to draw a lesson from this video I’d say one should refrain from listening to any type of music that induces catalepsy. Less flippantly, if you see some guys getting into it in the middle of the road, GTFO. You don’t know when the lead might fly—or in which direction. If you feel obliged to maintain the high moral and legal standards that make your community what it is, call 911. As you GTFO. You need to risk a gunfight for complete strangers like you need another hole in your head.

comments

1. avatar Mindflayer says:

Also, don’t live in Russia, and don’t get so close someone can take the gun from you.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

Bwahaha. I love how those guys realized they weren’t quite as mad as they thought they were.

Problem solved, problem staying solved. (NSFW language)

3. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

TO: Robert Farago, et al.
    RE: GTFO??!?!?

If you can. Certainly.

However, if you’re the object of their ‘rage’ and you’re kind of blocked in. What are you to do? Stay there and ‘take it like a man’?

I don’t THINK so.

Regards,

Chuck(le)
    [The best defense is a good offense.]

P.S. Or as we say in the Army….

The greatest chance of survival in a near ambush is IMMEDIATE AND AGGRESSIVE ATTACK AGAINST THE AMBUSHING FORCES.

1. avatar mediocrates says:

1. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

TO: mediocrates
        RE: Situation Awareness

situational awareness = never block yourself in. I know. Not always possible, but helpful if you think about it in advance. — mediocrates

Indeed.

It’s especially difficult in heavy traffic.

That’s why I always try to drive defensively.

It’s just that the state Department of Revenue won’t let me license my tank.

Regards,

Chuck(le)
        [My other car is an IFV…..with a basic load of 20mm and ITOWs.]

4. avatar uncommon_sense says:

But wait, I thought all road rage incidents involving guns ended with blood in the streets?!?!?!?

Okay, all silliness aside, the armed by-stander who intervened was foolish. All of the people involved in the road rage incident were well within range to strike the armed by-stander or to wrestle for his gun.

Remember, distance is your friend. If you ever do happen to intervene and use a firearm for “compliance”, make sure no one is close enough to attack you. That means keep everyone involved in front of you and at least 10 feet — and better 30 feet — away.

5. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Kinda reminds me of certain parts of Johannesburg and Pretoria a week ago.
    Very scary place.

6. avatar 505markf says:

Proposed dialogue from gun wielding (wannabe cop) good Samaritan:

“Get the FCK out of my way! I just got a tweet that Cabela’s got in two pallets of 5.56 and if you don’t get out of my way it will be gone before I get there! And so help me, I will end ALL OF YOU if you don’t get out of my way NOW!!!”

Desperate times lead to desperate measures. I’m just sayin’.

1. avatar rt-texas says:

2. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

THAT sounds like William Burke after he admitted to leaving three cases of 5.56 behind in a move…..

7. avatar int19h says:

1. This is Russia, not US.

2. As a consequence of #1, the guy is almost certainly wielding a “non-lethal” gun with large-caliber rubber bullets, like this one:

1. avatar Frodo says:

Almost certainly is just plain guessing.
      As far as I am concerned anyone with a firearm does not have less than lethal bullets in it. I know I do not carry a gun with rubber bullets.

2. avatar Don says:

Yes, ‘cuz over here (in Krasnoyarsk, Russia,) the criminals obey the laws.

8. avatar mediocrates says:

never participate in a life changing event with strangers.

1. avatar IdahoPete says:

You have no idea which side of the argument will be considered the agresssor by the police and the DA, and if you pick the wrong side you will be arrested. In fact, you will probably be arrested on general principles for bringing lethal force into an “affray” that might be mutual combat that did not involve “the immediate danger of death or grave bodily harm”.

Mind your own effin’ business.

2. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

Only if your certain you’re going to be the last man standing….if it should come to that.

9. avatar Peter says:

I wonder if it was some sort of off duty Russian cop?

10. avatar Phil says:

Likely not a gun, but a “traumatic pistol” (literary translation). Based on a scenery I have to assume this is Russia, ergo handguns are illegal to own. However one can get a permit to carry a “traumatic pistol”, a gun that normally uses .45ACP catridges loaded with rubber balls. Those hurt but don’t kill (usually). Which explains the lack of reluctance to present in a situation where the use of real firearm would not be likely. Especially in Russia, where like in most of Europe, self defense laws are biased toward the victim (i.e criminal bleeding on the ground). That’s my read and I am sticking to it.

This video is a showcase for what’s wrong with using non lethal tools for self defense. Every moron is tempted to use one in an argument. And there is no shortage of those on the planet.

11. avatar C says:

But the interweb yoots were heard commenting on how “this is is the right way to use a gun, not like those americans.” It would obviously have been futile to correct them.

12. avatar Out_Fang_Thief says:

If this is Russia; a communist controlled patriarchy, the most resolute,
    authoritative voice usually wins. They’ve long been conditioned to obey
    the voice of authority, because bad things can happen to you if you don’t.
    I looked like the gun was used only as an attention getter. It’s what he
    said to them after he had their attention, that averted the minor fracas.

13. avatar Rock Cameron says:

This guy stopped violence, cool heads prevailed, and nobody needed a trip to the emergency room or a jail cell. The gun (and man) here provided an opportunity to reevaluate the situation. Liberty is about taking responsibility to independently deal with problems and seek solutions. For a website that champions “ethics” and “good moral choices” you seem to understand little about the responsibility to handling the dangers in society. Things could have gotten worse regardless the intervention; much worse. Call 911?! In this situation all that does is demonstrate your unwillingness to take responsibility for your community, and call a clean up crew that will arrive too late to save anyone. Shame on TTAG editor here; guns to you are nothing more than shiny objects of desire.

14. avatar Kobalt60 says:

I’m guessing the guy with the gun was a Russian cop/gangster keeping the peace in his hood.