Incendiary Image of the Day: Smile! Edition

Courtesy Moms Demand Action

Moms Demand Action’s latest email blast invites readers to make a Father’s Day civilian disarmament-themed paper tie. CEO Shannon Watts (a.k.a., Shannon Troughton) also urges her female followers to convince dudes to join Moms Demand Action – Dads. The accompanying image is full of fail: exploiting children for political purposes, kiddie cross-dressing, a painfully forced smile and an obtuse message that seems a lot more pro than anti-gun to me. Nonetheless, the carefully staged snap is incendiary to those of us who believe that our natural, civil and Constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms helps us protect our children from harm. Which must please those Moms no end.

comments

1. avatar twency says:

That’s a really lousy Photoshop job.

2. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

“I have Gun Sense, Daddy taught me the four golden rules!”

1. avatar TT says:

My first thought was that this was pro gun.

It’s really the same thing for me when I see the term gun control. Of course I want gun control! But that means I want a good hit with the second shot of my double taps.

1. avatar Lucubration says:

Oddly enough, that was my first thought, too

1. avatar ripvw32 says:

Same here!!!

2. avatar Tomy Ironmane says:

Oh GOOD, I’m not the only one who thought “Teach them firearm safety early and often.” Because I was probably about her age when it was taught to me. Good thing I come from an intelligent, free thinking and enlightened family, I guess.

3. avatar SkyMan77 says:

I want one that say’s “I asked for an 870 Wingmaster but all I got was this paper tie”…

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

Ding ding ding I think we have a winner! 😉

2. avatar Accur81 says:

I want one that says: Any good deals on. .22 LR?

3. avatar SkyMan77 says:

Thanks Guys… Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while… 🙂

4. avatar Ing says:

Just a wee bit too much hyperbole in this post…and that’s an understatement.

Meanwhile, I don’t think “gun sense” means what Moms Demand Action think it means. And if these moms wanted to make a positive difference in the world, they’d help the men in their lives handcraft some pearl necklaces, not politicized paper neckties.

1. avatar WA_2A says:

Those moms deserve Colombian neckties.

(Go ahead, look it up.)

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Ouch. I seriously wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

1. avatar Tomy Ironmane says:

I might. but not on someone who was just speaking their mind, idiocy or not.

Now, were they to actually attempt to disarm me and render me helpless against anything and anyone who thought themselves to be able to take from me what I have, well, then conditions might change.

2. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Hate to be stuffy, but they have every right to speak their minds. Liberty for all. 1A applies to idiots too, like it or not.

5. avatar conceal7 says:

they should make it Moms Demand More Action. Double innuendo +2 points

1. avatar A-Rod says:

Dads Demand More Action. I just want a BJ once for Father’s Day. I think I’m getting a Bass Pro gift certificate instead.

1. avatar Kevin says:

Momma said “bj not on the Father’s Day list”

2. avatar Tomy Ironmane says:

But God Almighty will not save you if you spend less than a week and $500 (combined) on Valentine’s Day/Anniversary/Mother’s Day for her….

2. avatar Leo338 says:

Mom’s Desperate for Action.

1. avatar Joke & Dagger says:

So many of these Moms Demanding Action to fvck, so little time. Dirk, am I right, or what?

3. avatar SigGuy says:

Moms Demand More Action, or MDMA for short?

Figures. Make Dad a sh1tty paper tie for Father’s Day; buy Mom something with diamonds for Mother’s Day.

“Every kiss begins with K and ends with MA.”

7. avatar WA_2A says:

-This
    -The public school “gun buyback”
    -Hilary Clinton telling schoolkids to stay away from people with guns (because they must be evil)
    -Eric Holder saying “to get rid of guns, we must treat them like cigarettes”

are all ways the government is spreading anti-gun propaganda. Disgusting.

1. avatar William says:

FTR, I don’t think there’s anything INHERENTLY wrong with telling kids to avoid folks with guns. It’s the source that’s the problem: it should be, “beware of STRANGERS with guns, except for cops and UN soldiers.”

1. avatar Tomy Ironmane says:

I would teach kids to avoid the UN too. Where UN troops go, sex and drug trafficking and human trafficking invariably follow along with corruption.

My dad had an interesting solution for the “school toy gun buyback.” Send the kid in with a ream of blank paper, to demand credit for turning in 500 unassembled toy guns.

I had an interesting thought. If Eric Holder can suggest treating “Guns like cigarettes” then I think we should change the language ourselves. Any time a neighborhood or public place goes straight to hell with crime violence drugs and anarchy, we ought to say it’s a “gun free zone” instead of the more common “demilitarized zone” owing to the predilection of violent criminals to target gun free zones for their most heinous acts.

Example: “Dude, never go into Newark at night, it’s a gun free zone in there.”

8. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

my wife will kill me, but maybe I should spam their website with pics of my 8 and 5 yr old daughters cleaning my guns after their range trip . . . .

9. avatar Carry.45 says:

You’re right about the fact that it appears pro more than anti. My first thought was that was a Farago little girl. Then I read it.

10. avatar neres says:

I would happily wear that tie – I DO have gun sense!

11. avatar CyborgCowboy says:

For Father’s Day I’m giving my dad a couple of new 10/22 mags. You don’t want to know what I had to go through to get these.

12. avatar neres says:

I don’t see flaming; it appears to be legitimate criticism to me.

13. avatar jwm says:

If Matt goes, I go. Too many idiots posting garbage comments that do nothing but hurt our cause and when Matt tries to point out things that are true he gets slapped down. Delete the not even thinly vieled racist remarks and invite Matt to help make this a better site.

1. avatar Ing says:

Yes. Way too many nasty racist comments appearing here recently, and not nearly enough of them being deleted. I guess you could say there’s value in having those ugly-minded morons be pushed back by everyone else, but it wastes a lot of time that the rest of us could be using for intelligent debate.

Meanwhile, everything Matt said in his now-deleted comment was legitimate. Overly blunt, perhaps, but the truth. This site is supposed to tell the *truth* about guns, and this article doesn’t live up.

The best hope TTAG has is to keep listening to guys like Matt.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

I honestly didn’t mean for this to turn into a crusade, and I’m sure that’s part of why RF has the rules that he has. It keeps the comment threads from heading off on a tangent as this one is starting to.

14. avatar Felix says:

You’re so busy counting pine needles that you don’t see branches, trees, or the forest.

Are you Sheldon’s OCD brother by any chance?

15. avatar CarlosT says:

I saw both of Matt’s now deleted comments, and the criticism was mild, hardly what could be considered “flaming”. He’s clearly not offering these comments to embarrass or as “gotchas”.

TTAG is an important site and my most visited destination on the Internet. You guys do a great job, but when you do miss just fix it and move on.

16. avatar Joke & Dagger says:

Whenever I see pictures of Moms Demanding Action, I am simply picturing them naked. What the fvck else, I don’t really care. Well, doggy style, actually.

17. avatar Philip Mehegan says: