The Simpsons: Tapped Out Game is Anti-NRA. Very, Anti-NRA

YmrAH54

Scene: Herman’s Gun Shop. Grandpa Simpson walks in. Herman: “Hey, old man! Want to buy a gun? There’s no better way to protect yourself.” Grandpa Simpson: “You have no idea! My vision’s gone, I’m always forgettin’ who I am, I panic in stessful situations, my trigger finger itches something terrible, my aim ain’t what it used be, I often mistake loved ones for dangerous intruders, I forget whether things are loaded, and above all, my time on Earth is short, and I’d love to take a few people with me when I go.” Herman: “You’re the perfect gun owner! Step inside!” The media’s assault on gun owners, painting them as uncaring, heartless psychopaths who just want to kill people, continues apace. Click here for some more awesome quotes.

About Nick Leghorn

62 Responses to The Simpsons: Tapped Out Game is Anti-NRA. Very, Anti-NRA

1. avatarCort says:

Is anybody here really surprised? I mean, c’mon.

• avatarRoss says:

Nope.

• avatarCarry.45 says:

I am. The Simpsons is on FOX. I maybe would have expected this from something on CBS or msnbc. By the way South Park is coming back soon. Can’t wait to see if they do anything gun related. Those guys are brilliant and I usually agree with everything they make an episode about.

• avatarchuck says:

I’m wondering if it was the people behind the simpsons or electronic arts that decided on that stupidity.

• avatarensitue says:

Fox Entertainment has NO relation with Fox News

• avatarA-Rod says:

Which one does what exactly?

• avatarStinkeye says:

Well, neither one entertains or provides news, so I’d say both names are false advertising…

Now, “Tapped Out” seems like a very appropriate title for the entire Simpsons catalogue at this stage. That show stopped being funny so long ago, the crappy episodes outnumber the great ones by a five-to-one margin.

• avatarDshim83 says:

FOX, the television channel and FOX News are entirely separate animals.

2. avatarwaif says:

I stopped caring about the Simpsons after the 15th shark they jumped. Still, I appreciate the heads-up.

3. avatarHobbez says:

Funny coincidence that this came up here. I deleted this off my Iphone today for just this reason. I sent the publisher an email voicing my displeasure, but I get the feeling it will just fall on deaf ears.

• avatarensitue says:

Oh No it won’t
      DHS has registered your distain, and put you on a LIST

• avatarAccur81 says:

We’re all on a list already.

• avatarOld Ben turning in grave says:

Unfortunately, I think you speak truth.

• avatarJeff the Griz says:

I’m not paranoid, otherwise I wouldn’t be posting at all. But I’m sure someone has a file on me due to having purchased ammo on my debit card

4. avatarWassim Absood says:

This is not new. I remember the episode (#100?) where they ‘show’ the secret messages in the intro…when the clerk scans Maggie they freeze frame and scan to the register which displays ‘NRA 4 EVER’.

5. avatarGtfoxy says:

Is anyone shocked that these people, who at every turn, bash all things that are upright& decent.

They are condecending of churches, as an example, blapheming even the almighty God. I stopped watching this show a long time ago. I’m sorry I ever did to begin with.

6. avatarjwm says:

I wonder who will deliver a gun message better? The Simpson’s game or the billion and one firts person shooter gamesout there. We’ve got an upcoming generation that’s never fired a real gun and their first purchase is an m4gery.

against that the anti’s are throwing out Millhouse and his breakfast habits? Lame.

7. avatarC says:

When I was a boy the Simpsons were clever.

8. avatarWilliam says:

Grandpa Simpson’s first name is ABRAHAM. Not implying anything! The Simpsons are clearly WASPs. “Protestant” as in “religion: CONSUMERISM”.

9. avatarRalph says:

The only gun owners I’m afraid of are so-called “adults” who watch cartoons. C’mon, people. They’re cartoons. They’re supposed to be stupid.

It’s okay for college students to get stoned and watch stupid sh1t, but real people are supposed to outgrown ‘toons when they turn ten.

• avatarSean says:

Hey now South Park is awesome and Pot Brownies always taste good after a hard day at the office.

• avatarA says:

I’ve seen more wisdom in Avatar: The Last Airbender, than I have in most adult movies/shows. Being a cartoon (animated) doesn’t mean it is only meant for people under 10. It’s a bit narrow minded to think so. The most responsible gun owners I know still watch cartoons.

• avatarElephant Rider says:

Ralph, you’ve obviously never seen Archer. I don’t have a tv but if I did, I imagine it would be the best thing on it.

• avatarCyborgCowboy says:

Ralph, I beg to differ, if only for the sake of King of the Hill. Probably my favorite comedy of all time. Not to mention probably the only show on TV to feature shooting in a positive light.

• avatarJohn Fritz says:

Boondocks.

Best. Animated. Show. Ever.

King of the Hill a close second.

• avatarAnonemoose says:

Being an adult is not about ‘outgrowing’ things, but learning to balance those activities with responsibility and moderation.

10. Bigotry is an ugly, ugly thing.

11. avatarFred says:

I’m pretty sure someone in India or China wrote those dialogs, they make no sense. That would also explain the perception of idolatry of the NRA.

12. avatarMatt in FL says:

Some of the quotes on that page made me laugh. It almost crosses into Poe’s Law territory. I can’t tell if it’s serious or snarky.

13. avatarIn Memphis says:

I havent watched the Simpsons in years. I know this is a game not the show but how long have they been on now? Im 28 and dont remember them not being on TV… with new episodes.

• avatarMatt in FL says:

If you don’t count the three seasons as a short on The Tracey Ullman Show, it’s been on the air for 24 years, 520+ episodes. It holds the record for the longest running primetime TV show by three years, having passed Gunsmoke at 20 years back in 2009.

• avatarGyufygy says:

Wow, at lot of 28 year olds around here.

• avatarAnonemoose says:

Well, it’s to be expected. The oldest of Gen Y has long since come of age, and we will soon be in our 30s. We’ll soon be railing on the young, and calling them ‘whippersnappers’ as well.

• avatarjwm says:

But according to all the anti’s gun owners are a dying breed of old white guys. How can it be that a bunch opf twenty somethings are owning guns and commenting on TTAG? Somebodies lying, and I don’t think it’s the gun owners.

14. avatarA says:

I used the link and read all the extra statements. Personally, I found it quite funny. If I cared more about the NRA or actually took anything from The Simpsons seriously, I may have been offended…

15. avatarRandomhero says:

Obviously you have never seen the episode where homer buys a gun.

• avatarHryan says:

Actually in that episode, the NRA members kick Homer out of their group for not practicing gun safety. If I remember Krusty’s quote correctly: “Guns aren’t toys; they’re for protecting your family, hunting dangerous and tasty animals, and keeping the King of England out of your face.” Probably the best display of the NRA you’d ever get in a mainstream television show.

16. avatarOHgunner says:

Damn, I did enjoy that game. Now I have to delete it with extreme prejudice.

17. avatarjsallison says:

Simpsons? Are they still on?

18. avatarNDS says:

Krusty the Klown had a line 15+ years ago that I have used many times since:

“Hey yutz, guns aren’t toys. They’re for personal protection, hunting dangerous or delicious animals, and keeping the King of England outta your face.”

So true, but then again the Simpsons were once funny too.

• avatarSwarf says:

I’m pretty sure The Simpsons is as funny as it ever was, the problem is– and i dont know if this applies to you– I stopped smoking pot regularly after college.

• avatarAnonemoose says:

Ah yes. The episode where Homer buys a gun. Marge flips her sh!t, and we have to deal with the demonization of gun owners and the NRA.

This was season 9. Homer owned a shotgun and was shown with one in previous episodes years prior to this, and no f*cks were given by Marge, or the family.

19. avatarAnon says:

I’m pretty sure this is just electronic arts. The Simpsons have been pro gun from what I’ve seen. Tere was one episode when they had everyone turn in there guns. And the mayor said ” now we are successfully disarmed” and some zombie cowboy things came and terrorised everyone and it came off as pro gun. Also the episode homer comes a gun shows te Springfield gun club as responsible citizens who end up savig the day.

• avatarA says:

I agree that it is most likely more EA than Simpsons. NRA blaming games and such is probably the leading cause of the anti NRA stuff in the game…

• avatarCyborgCowboy says:

Well EA did just abandon Medal of Honor after the craptastic Warfighter. Obviously it’s not that they turned out a bad game, it’s that people aren’t interested in another bland modern shooter. Which is too bad because MOH is one of the best shooter series ever, at least in its WWII incarnation. And definitely showcased some of the cool guns of the era.

But they’re turning into “politically correct just to appear politically correct”, so that had to go, I guess.

20. avatarLucas D. says:

The Simpsons has been putting out nothing but shit since about 1998, so I say it’s about time they go ahead and eat a big ol’ bag of it. Haven’t watched the show in years and if this is a barometer for the quality of their writing nowadays, I don’t plan to ever again.

21. avatarPat says:

Most of the successful comedians in America are Canadian. Clever and witty…..and sadly, libtarded. Simpsons is the best sitcom of all time (though Family Guy is a bit darker version).

• avatarCyborgCowboy says:

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything. Most of the Simpsons writers are American (creator Matt Groening is an Oregonite).

I don’t know what “successful comedian” means though. Bill Cosby is my picture of a successful comedian, and he’s definitely American.

• avatarPat says:

Just that the Simpsons show (a comedy), and those who work on it, are of a liberal persuasion. Canada is kind of liberal (so is much of Oregon, for that matter). I HUGE amount of comedic talent is Canadian (just too many names to mention…look it up and be amazed).
        Bottom line, most comedians tend to have pretty liberal views.

• avatarCyborgCowboy says:

Oh, you’re definitely right in that case (note I used the pejorative Oregonite rather than the more neutral Oregonian :D ). The lame thing about left-wing humor is that it never has anything new to say, it’s just “George Bush” hold for laughs and “Conservatives are dumb” hold for laughs. I’m not really a conservative- I’m a libertarian that finds plenty to criticize during the Bush years, but if you’re still making jokes about the guy in 2013 you might want to update your act. Comedians that are lefties but don’t make their politics the focus of their jokes, I’m a lot more tolerant of.

• avatarPat says:

I have thought so many comedians funny….then they discussed their whacked out libtard views (like Jim Carrey), which then kind of ruined my picture of them (and some of their truly funny work).

22. avatarAharon says:

The mass media has been portraying us that way for years. Gun ownership is now higher and more diverse than ever. The mass media is right next to the US Congress with an approval rating of about 16%.

23. avatarSaul Feldstein says:

Turn off the mind conditioner and read a book.