Colorado Senate President Recall Official, Signatures Verified

CO State Senator John Morse (courtesy spotlightoncurruption.wordpress.com)

According to the Washington Times, the effort to recall Colorado state Senate president John Morse has passed an important hurdle and will take place within the next couple months. Colorado requires 7,000 signatures to be on such a petition to succeed, and while the recall committee turned in over 16,000 such signatures only about 10,000 were validated by the Secretary of State. This is still sufficient numbers to trigger a recall, which would be the most visible and direct example of the backlash against the new gun control laws that have recently been passed. Stay tuned, and grab some popcorn — this is going to be fun.

comments

1. avatar William Burke says:

LET IT ROLL! Coloradoans, time to put the FEAR OF GOD into the bastids.

1. avatar Mistereveready says:

I’d rather them have the fear of voters/potential rebels. Time for the government to be curtailed back into a support roll instead of a dominate one.

1. avatar Kvjavs says:

I agree. Have them fear something that actually exists.

1. avatar Mr. Pierogie says:

Tide goes in, tide goes out…You can’t explain that!

2. avatar Bruce says:

We can only hope.

3. avatar C.T. says:

Do NOT get ahead of yourself. The petitions did not include a required phrase calling for the election of a replacement. Frankly, the grassroots people running this should have consulted with a good election law attorney on this. The Secretary of State approved the language, and has subsequently approved the signatures, but Morse has a very capable election law attorney who wins far more than he loses on this and I wouldn’t be completely stunned if the recall gets thrown out because of it.

1. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Since Morse was on his way out anyway, isn’t this recall effort more of a statement? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good statement. However, I’m waiting to see what will happen in 2014. I would really love to see CO shrug off this Progressive take-over attempt and return to a free state. Might give hope to other states under attack by the Progs.

2. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

Actually….any recall petition that meets the standard of valid signatures IS a call for an election of another person.

4. avatar neiowa says:

Supreme Ct declared this week for no limits on voters. Road trip to Co for special election participation.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Will there be buses to shuttle us to the polls?

5. avatar Jeh says:

Im sure the liberal gun grabbers like himself will find a loop hole to keep him in

6. avatar Avid Reader says:

It is more of a statement than anything, but it would be good to make an example of him. He’s term limited, so he can’t run for re-election.

Look for Bloomberg to spend lots of bucks here when this gets rolling.

7. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

TO: All
    RE: A Sickness of the Soul

Perhaps this character can explain to all of US what Christ meant when He told His disciples….

Now is the time for every man to take his MasterCard and buy an AR-15 with lots of ammo. — Christ—updated and paraphrased—to His disciples in Lu 22:36

In truth, Morse is projecting that bit about ‘sickness of the soul’.

How C’Springs elected him is beyond comprehension.

Regards,

Chuck(le)
    [The Truth will out….Democrats are Godless….and therefore EVIL!]

1. avatar thatoneguy says:

I’ve been wondering that since I got here a few months ago. Walking around here all I see are pro 2a bumper stickers and people dressed like hippies open carrying.

1. avatar DoctorHog says:

The vote was split three ways. Morse barely defeated Hill (like 400 some odd votes barely) while a Libertarian candidate (can’t recall the name off the top of my head) got more votes than the difference between Morse (D) and Hill (R). That and Morse’s district (where I live, BTW) is among the most left of center in El Paso County – still pretty gun friendly though.

1. avatar thatoneguy says:

Ah, maybe the reason it looks less left to me is because I’m living down in Fountain then. Walking into Lowe’s is like walking around a pistol convention.

8. avatar Sammy says:

I think his statement is enough for him to be kicked out. Elitism at it’s worst.

9. avatar Aharon says:

Thats a lot of sickness on the soul-less progressive collective.

10. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

TO: All
    RE: Additionally….

….we’ve got over 11,000 valid signatures to recall Colorado State Senator Angela Giron (D-State Senate District 3, i.e., Pueblo County). And this evil woman is not, repeat NOT, term limited. And she lives two blocks from me.

The ‘fun’ is about to begin in earnest.

I’m getting my large format printer repaired. The 4×8 signs on the front lawn facing a busy thoroughfare are going to be ‘fun’.

Regards,

Chuck(le)
    [If you’re not in the fight, you’re part of the problem.]

1. avatar Jason says:

Can you talk some of your neighbors who live next to her, or across from her, into putting up signs on their lawns? That would be a great hit to her morale.

1. avatar 505mark says:

Especially if they could say, “House next door occupied by an un-armed person.”

1. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

I should plant signs declaring her house a….

….Gun Free Zone

Let’s see if the burglars of late take that to heart…..

2. avatar sagebrushracer says:

and I promise to respect their beliefs and not use my guns to help them.

3. avatar Old Ben turning in grave says:

Don’t know her, but I wouldn’t assume that she is unarmed just because she is trying to disarm everyone else. Many Progs feel no need to practice what they preach.

2. avatar Chuck Pelto says:

The vast majority of my neighbors are die-hard Obamabots…..

11. avatar dlj95118 says:

…can anyone point me to the source of the “sickness on our soul” quote?

Thanks much.

12. avatar gregolas says:

Does this idiot realize that if his prehistoric ancestors had his delusional, hoplophobic mindset, they would have become part of the food chain and he wouldn’t exist?

13. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

get it done…

14. avatar John Fritz says:

Did anyone happen to see this narcissistic delusional douchebag on the CBS News last night? Going on and on (and ON) about how he didn’t have anything to worry about. He looked pretty damn worried to me.

15. avatar Michael B. says:

Who do I send money to to beat this prick?

1. avatar DoctorHog says:

El Paso County Freedom Defense Committee: http://www.gotremorse.com, click on the Get Involved link and you are on your way.

16. avatar Jim says:

I actually think people thinking like Mr. Morse is a sickness, not only in our souls but also in our society.

17. avatar Bad Matt says:

Any polls on the chance of this working?

18. avatar JASON BUCKWHEAT says:

OUTSTANDING COLORADO FOR THE GREAT AMERICAN SPRINT IS BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE ! WITH WHAT YOU OF COLORADO HAVE DONE TO THIS ONCE THOUGHT OF HIGH AND MIGHTY POSITION, THEY THINK THEY HOLD, THEY FORGET WHO THEY WORK FOR “WE THE PEOPLE !” EXCELLENT JOB ! THIS WILL HAPPEN TO OUR FEDERAL POSITION ALSO.