“A Gun Didn’t Kill my Husband, a Man Killed my Husband”

article-2334691-1A163D90000005DC-154_634x482

There’s nothing that gun control advocates love more than a good prodigal son story. Someone who strayed from the one true “guns are evil and need to be eradicated” path only to be shown the light, coming back home to the confiscatory fold. That’s why you see so many people using the time-honored phrase “I’m a hunter and I support the second amendment, but…”. But even after her husband, a decorated war hero and author of one of the better books I’ve read this year, Chris Kyle was shot and killed, Taya Kyle refuses to blame the tool and instead blames the man . . .

From the UK’s Daily Mail:

The widow of legendary Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle is still a passionate supporter of the Second Amendment – despite her husband’s murder in a tragic shooting in February. Tara Kyle, 38, who recently spoke at a Houston NRA convention, owns a Smith & Wesson pistol, but says that ‘A gun didn’t kill my husband, a man killed my husband.’ Her husband is credited with 160 confirmed kills during a stellar decade-long career with SEAL Team 3, was shot dead at a Glen Rose, Texas, gun range after an alleged incident involving an ex-Marine, Eddie Ray Routh. ‘Unfortunately, it’s a hot issue and people like to make it into a bigger picture that’s not an accurate picture,’ she explained to the New York Post. ‘The majority of ways guns are used every day are very positive.’

Chris’ death was a tragedy, and on that day America lost one of its greatest warriors. But I’m happy that this is one instance where the tragic and untimely death of an American won’t be abused to make a political point.

comments

1. avatar g says:

They’ve tried to do it several television interviews with her as well… walk her into the whole “blame guns for your husband’s murder” train of thought. She has my respect for resisting and saying it how it is: her husband was murdered by a MAN suffering from serious mental illness.

I can’t imagine how raw the loss must still feel for her and her children… hopefully people will let her grieve and recover in peace without trying to make her another prop for anti-gun propaganda.

1. avatar Roscoe says:

Taya Kyle is a strong, resourceful, confident, resilient woman who will never be compromised by the fraudulent gun grabbers.

1. avatar BStacks says:

exactly

2. avatar William says:

A woman who is still collecting money off of a book in which her husband slandered Jesse Ventura for his own aggrandizement….

1. And the relevance to this article is????

2. avatar Ara says:

All the royalties from Chris’s book were donated to a military widow.

1. avatar Tucker says:

Confused by this comment…. two photos of the exact same people… ? Are you trying to say they arent cause both are obviously chris kyle. and you can tell my the orientation of her mouth, eyes, eyebrows, chin and even jewelry that both are taya… Only difference is her hair color. either way please be more descriptive on what your posting…

2. avatar Stu says:

I agree with Nick 100%. I feel for her loss, but am glad she blames the user not the tool. I wish more people would take that viewpoint.

3. avatar Bob says:

GASP! Logic! What will the anti-gunners do?

1. avatar Roll says:

They do like Piers Morgan and cut to a commercial break

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

No PM just yells over the logic

2. avatar Dr. Kenneth Noisewater says:

WE’RE GOING LIVE!!!

1. avatar JW says:

not to nit-pick, but his pattern was usually to:
        1.raise his voice to harpy strength
        2. begin ad hominem attacks (your a stupid …)
        3. cut to commercial before the “guest” can say that this is not what CNN told them the program would be about.

4. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Well said.

5. avatar Gtfoxy says:

She has my heart-felt condolences and my prayers for her and her family. It is a tragedy when anyone is murdered, be-it innocent school children, or even someone in the line of work as Mr. Kyle was, so we must remember that you have only one go at this life in the here and now.

Lets make this response column about Mrs. Kyle & how we, as supporters of the 2nd Amendment, as her husband was of ALL of ours, feel about her & her families loss.

6. BTW, the article points out what a vain, money grubbing pig Jesse Ventura is. I hope that Ventura gets rolled up, stuffed and humiliated during discovery and that the Kyle family counter sues.

1. avatar William says:

Too bad Chris Kyle isn’t around to make up a slanderous lie about you. For money. Books are sold to make money, right? So JESSE is a “money-grubber” for defending his honor against a man who won’t even show up to repeat the lie to his face?

No… it’s better that Kyle is dead, now that I think about it. Shooters by stealth, from a great distance… so MANLY!!! If they work for anyone else they’re “terrorists” or worse…

1. avatar Gyufygy says:

Were you there? Do you have some insight on the incident?

2. avatar Greg in Allston says:

Fan of the WWF and Jesse, eh? You know that it’s all acting right? Tell you what, why don’t you walk into that SEAL bar where Kyle and Ventura had their dust up and start talking smack about what unmanly terrorists they are. I’d pay good money to watch that.

3. avatar roadking07 says:

@William: What is wrong with you?!? I was a tanker in the Army and I could reach out with my 120mm cannon and “touch” the bad guys from 3000 to 4000 meters away. So does that make me any less “manly”? He was a soldier doing his job. And he did it well. Period. IMHO that makes him a true patriot and an American hero. How does what he did for the military have any bearing on his widow’s stand regarding his demise? You sir, also IMHO, are a gigantic bag containing a mixture of vinegar and water. Please contact Dianne Feinstein, she is in dire need of your services.

4. Take your beef elsewhere, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject of this article.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Guns are evil. Now I dare someone to tell that to the soldiers Kyle saved with a .30 caliber bullet. You want a good guy with a gun? He was right there on the f*cking roof next to his spotter.

I don’t have enough unkind words for this cartoonist.

1. avatar DisThunder says:

Same. This is the kind of thing people lose fingers over.

1. avatar Taylor Tx says:

Shit, Id like to “encourage” him to lose a few other things, probably a few pounds of black tar into his britches when it comes time to be held accountable for the shit you talk.

7. avatar gregolas says:

I heard her speak in Houston about how she intends to carry on her husband’s projects to help vets with PTSD heal. Not a dry eye in the house. She’s a courageous lady whose family needs our prayers and support.

8. avatar B says:

Man Ventura is a piece of shit.

1. avatar GS650G says:

a turd is who now suing Chris’s estate over the bar fight flap. And Taya is going to fight him in court rather than settle.

1. avatar John Doesky says:

Ventura went FULL ON 911 truther. You don’t get more stupid and America hating than that.

1. avatar William says:

Yeah, man, the TRUTH MAKES ME SICK. You too, huh?

2. avatar Pulatso says:

He’s always been a self agrandizing tool (which is what made him such an entertaining wrestler), but I seriously wonder if he’s always been this level of s4!t bag or if he’s lost his mind more recently.

1. avatar Greg says:

He reached the bat shit crazy level about 4 years ago. I think politics made him so confident he quit trying to hide how nuts he really is.

9. avatar Bill says:

Umm… His wife’s name is TAYA Kyle, not Tara as you typed it.

1. avatar Robert Farago says:

Text amended.

1. avatar the last Marine out says:

What do we know about his killer, did he give any special reason?

10. avatar Alex Peters says:

I love this quote, “the majority of ways that guns are used every day are positive”. That’s sure to get the anti-‘s panties in a bunch. This is the part that they fail to miss. Every day a police officer comes home for dinner, a store owner in a bad neighborhood isn’t robbed, a nuclear facility isn’t attacked, someone’s son or daughter wins a trophy in a shooting competition, etc. – these are all positive uses of firearms. A gun doesn’t even have to come out of its holster to be “useful”. Anti-‘s only believe a firearm is being used when it’s fired. We, as gun owners, know better.

11. avatar James1000 says:

Just surving a marriage to a man like Chris should provide insight into Taya’s spirit. The anti’s would do well to not underestimate her resolve. As for Ventura, there are no adequate words to describe just what a disgrace he is.

1. avatar DisThunder says:

I’d never heard anything about this bit with Ventura until now. Good Hell.
      I hope Tru TV cancels his show and….oh wait.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

I also had not heard about it ’til now. Ventura ceased to be relevant a long time ago, if he ever was. Now I know he’s not just irrelevant, he’s an irrelevant jackass.

1. avatar jwm says:

Ventura is just riding the conspiracy bandwagon to try and streatch out his 15 minutes.

12. avatar juliesa says:

Chris Kyle’s last book, American Gun, will be arriving at my house today from Amazon. I hope it makes a lot of money for his family.

1. avatar sdog says:

i am a quarter through american sniper, very good read.

13. avatar GS650G says:

There will be no Air Force One ride and hotel room in DC for a week for her.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Pretty disgusting for our Commander in Chief. Agree with my agenda, and you’ll receive rides on Air Force 1, football game appearances, etc. If you support freedom, you don’t get sh!t.

1. avatar Greg says:

The USA I want to live in would be building a monument as we speak.

14. avatar AecDuck says:

This woman is a hero. Anyone who stands up for what they believe in and continues to side with the truth, even when faced with extreme emotions such as the loss of a loved one, is a hero… at least in my book.

15. avatar AJ says:

Why is it that these people always say that guns kill people, but in nearly the same breath lay out a sentence that starts with “Her husband is credited with 160 confirmed kills…” Don’t they mean his gun has 160 confirmed kills? Or is it that guns only kill people when it’s convenient?

1. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Good note.

2. avatar Ken Hagler says:

They were all foreigners, and it’s a fundamental rule of American politics that foreigners aren’t people.

1. avatar John Doesky says:

Excuse us…. “people” who also happen throw acid in girls faces for trying to go to school and “people” who explode bombs in local food markets. Are you happy now that they are described as “people” ……. or maybe you’d like to continue the debate to see if another word might be a better fit…say like “monster” ?

2. avatar William says:

AND YOU THINK THEY ARE!?

16. avatar Xbonesrider says:

Anyone catch Jesse’s Ventura’s justification for suing Taya Kyle? He claims his character and “good reputation” was besmirched by Chris’s book and the best way to clear his “good name” is to have his day in court. How is that for logic?

1. avatar Greg says:

The logic is flawed when he said his “good” name. I respect the guy but he has been acting a fool for as long as I can remember. I’m not sure anyone could damage his name the way he has.

1. avatar John Doesky says:

No respect for a 911 truther that provides cover to Islamists by propagating the most vile slander against fellow Americans that they were party to the incineration of 3,000 other Americans. There is no other life form lower than a truther and they need to be identified as such at every opportunity.

1. avatar William says:

I can’t for the life of me get why that nut Ventura was suspicious about the only three steel-frame skyscrapers that ever fell, just because they all fell within nine hours of one another, on a property security-managed by Dubya’s brother, Neil, and an owner, Larry Silverstein, who took out double-indemnity insurance on the property two months earlier… gosh, SO WHAT?

And got upset because of all the WTC 7 federal employees who were told not to show up to work (like in OKC), and that Nancy Pelosi, who told SF Mayor Willie Brown not to fly to NYC that day?

Where does Ventura get off EXPOSING THE LIES YOU CHOOSE TO BELIEVE? THE TRUTH IS UNAMERICAN!

2. avatar doesky2 says:

William….. please just leave and never come back.

Why don’t you make your handle “William_the_truther” so that people can ignore your posts easily and also heap scorn upon you like you deserve.

You’re just a hideous cockroach truther. Don’t talk to this engineer about you’re brainless belief in crappy conspiracy fantasies. All you truthers spend decades of time spouting idiocies that are easily shown to be false. I’m sure you’ve spend untold hours on your theories but haven’t spent a Saturday reading this book that is written down to the moron level such as yourself can understand how we were attacked by Islamists on 911.

2. avatar Gyufygy says:

He doesn’t have time to bleed… but he’s got time to sue!

He was also a professional wrestler. HE HAS NO GOOD NAME.

17. avatar Fabian_CH says:

Now here’s someone who’s earned my respect.

18. avatar Greg says:

God bless her and her children. I’m not sure the media weasels realize the caliber of human being they are dealing with here. Her husband is a hero and I know there are people watching over her in this world and the next.

19. avatar RockThisTown says:

Chris Kyle is a true American hero, in my book. The kills he logged no doubt made the world a better place and Kaya is a brave warrior to carry on her husband’s legacy in the wake of such a tragedy, and given that there will be those who disparage her husband plus those who will blame guns & continue to try and infringe on our 2nd Amendment rights, she is to be even more admired.

I’m not yet convinced the killing of Chris Kyle was the work of one sick individual. Paint me conspiracy crazy, but given the recent beheading in Woolwich, terrorist incidents in Boston, Benghazi, Ft. Hood and Little Rock, I remain skeptical this wasn’t planned by a terrorist group intent on revenge.

20. I think William needs help – psychiatric help.

He doesn’t believe buildings fall after being hit by airliners at 500mph & burning for hours.
    He doesn’t believe all the engineers & scientists.
    He does however believe an ex WWF “wrestler” & minor politician.