OMG! Fireworks! And So Close to Independence Day! OMG!

“Dane County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in the area of 4800 Scherbel Road at about 3:20 p.m. Deputies said 32-year-old James Weightman had what appeared to be a gun, but it turned out to be a 37mm gas-charged fireworks launcher.” Thank God for that, right? Sure, rifles are legal in Wisconsin, but you don’t want someone, you know, walking around with one. But the safety Suzies found something to pin on Weightman all the same. “Weightman was cited for possession of fireworks, a $200.50 citation.” Guess they couldn’t come back to the station empty-handed. They probably turned on their lights and siren and everything.

comments

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

I’m glad the people have become the eyes and ears of the government. If someone has a firearm they must be up to no good! Imagine what could have happened if they didn’t get this guy with his assault fireworks! People could have had fun and that must be stopped!

2. avatar mashashin says:

I kinda want a fireworks launcher like that now

1. avatar 505markf says:

I’m with you. I’ve never seen or heard of that, darned if my fingers aren’t all tingling. Never knew I needed one of those.

2. avatar C says:

someone please take my visa card before i do something i’ll regret.

3. avatar user3369 says:

Not only do they sell various launchers, but also a variety of food for them. Delivered to your door.

A 9″ Spikes Tactical 37mm “flare” launcher is hanging under my AR with 10 airburst firework rounds ready to go for ‘Murica day.

Cause ‘Murica.

4. avatar user3369 says:

Oh, and so long as the ammo is of a “signaling or marking” nature, that launcher needs no serial number, no background check, nothing. And while hard to come by, CS gas rounds can be found, and they are classified as “smoke”.

3. avatar MIKE B says:

we need our own gun loving state that no one will bother us in.

1. avatar Jay Dunn says:

That state already exists. It’s called Kentuckiana.

2. avatar user3369 says:

And Alabamissippi

4. avatar wvumounties8 says:

Sounds like this needs to be posted under a new category/heading; “Barney Fife – ultimate crime fighter”. You have my permission to use, lol.

5. avatar Backyardsniper says:

Wisconsin is where us minnesotans go to buy fireworks, how was he charged with possession? They’re totally legal there.

6. avatar Avid Reader says:

You can buy them in WI, but you can’t use them. Go figure.

Plus Dane county’s main population center is the People’s Republic of Madison. The rest is self-explanatory.

1. avatar Randy says:

Avid Reader – As a resident of Dane county, much too close to Madison, I can say with complete confidence that you are completely correct!

1. avatar Avid Reader says:

A few years living in Sheboygan and working in FDL taught me a lot about Wisconsin. That was a number of years ago, but some things haven’t changed. At least there’s concealed carry now.

2. avatar AznMike says:

Same, hell I live in Madison and grew up having to deal with the people. It annoys me how there is CCW but all of the freaking businesses won’t allow to carry there.

7. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Good grief. At my old department, we just kept a tally sheet of how many whiners there were.
    Hello from South Africa, last day of fishing the Zambezi river after hunting.
    Hi everybody, sitting by a fire.
    It’s 10:40 pm. Just killed a deadly scorpion. Effing country tries to kill you at every turn.
    I love it!

1. avatar jwm says:

Once again I will state that I’m insanely jealous of Tom in Oregon or Africa.

2. avatar Gyufygy says:

Glad it hasn’t killed you, yet!

8. avatar miserylovescompany says:

That looks like a pretty nice piece of kit, if only I had $700 plus the cost of whatever fun projectiles to be launched.

1. avatar user3369 says:

You can find a launcher by itself for around 250, and the food is about 10-15 rounds a pop. Not cheap, but can you really beat the joy of launching starburst fireworks from your AR15 on Independence Day?

If that guy was in New York, the first rat would have been paid $500. The rest will put the cops on speed dial. Welcome to 1980-fvcking-4

1. avatar CA.Ben says:

Disgusting.

10. avatar sightpicture says:

I will take one with an Eotech on top

11. avatar AznMike says:

Did they really have to tack on an extra $.50 cents on the fine?

12. avatar jwm says:

I used to live in Hayward Ca. July 4th and New Years brought out the Fireworks and the guns. I taught my boys what an AK sounded like from those celebrations. One year somebody was launching parachute flares and we made bets on whether they would burn out before they hit the roofs of the buildings around there. I only saw the flares that one year. But the full auto AKs were common at holidays.

13. avatar IllumFiati says:

Fireworks – I am talking firecrackers and loud mortars- are a part of my DNA and something I am trying to pass to my kids. The county and city governments in WA state have nearly eliminated fireworks altogether. There are only a very few places left. It is just sad. We all have great memories of the 4th with that sulfur smell in the air, everyone in those old lawn chairs and grandpa lighting fireworks with his cigar…damn.

14. avatar GS650G says:

All the prerequisite scary features. And it’s black in color. Finestein will end up with one in her hands on TV.

15. avatar AJ says:

It strikes me that the bans on fireworks are very similar to the bans on guns. “It’s for the children.” Despite the fact that the children that end up getting hurt (which is sad, don’t get me wrong) get hurt because an adult provided the stuff to them. But, like guns, fireworks caused the problem (IE hurt/burned child), not the a$$hat that gave a 5 year old a flaming rod of metal (aka Sparkler).