Quick Reminder: California is a Slave State

There’s so much anti-gun juju coming out of The Golden State these days that this video seems like pissing in the wind. Still, it’s one of the best of the series so far. Equally, despite the Abbot and Costello routine, this polemic triggers the opposite of Schadenfreude for those of us in—or about to move to—a free state. Which makes us cherish our gun rights even more.

comments

1. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Kalifornia=Slave State………..who’da thought?

“It is what it is”

2. avatar Sixpack70 says:

24 days to move for me.

3. avatar mlopilato says:

Gotta get one of those shirts.

1. avatar Eric says:

I’d like that printed on a pair of boxers

2. avatar Bear says:

Mike over at everydaynodaysoff.com sells them. Mrcolionnoir, fateofdestinee, Aargojay and a bunch of other people also can be seen wearing them.

3. avatar C says:

yeah, dem shirts.

4. avatar GSL45 says:

And if you don’t stand in opposition with us, it’s soon coming to a liberal politician near you.

1. avatar Rusty Puma says:

That’s right.

2. avatar Accur81 says:

CA doesn’t have a monopoly on stupid. NY, MD, IL, and other states have horrendous gun laws. Concealed carry is non-existent in IL pending litigation, and NY has 7 round mag limits. I am in now way defending CA gun laws, I’m just recognizing that other states have junk laws as well. Oppose stupid laws wherever you are – whether they be gun laws or traffic cameras.

Incidentally, WI has much better gun laws, but I’ve been stopped for doing 33 mph in a 25 zone. Seriously. The police officer asked me why I was stopped, and I told him that I had no idea. He wasn’t even driving a black and white cruiser – it was a solid blue SUV with low profile lights on top. So yes, I broke the law, but a similar sized road in CA with two lanes in each direction would have a speed limit of 35 or so. I bet I could track down stupid laws – such as artificially low speed limits – in every state in the union.

Still, low speed limits don’t threaten lives, but denied concealed carry and mag limits certainly do.

Yes, there are dumb laws in every state. Who enforces them?

2. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Low speeds are usually about high levels of pedestrian traffic. That’s why they put up those pretty signs.

As for “liberal” politicians, gun rights are not a partisan issue in Kansas. We argue Medicaid, the arts, road maintenance, sales tax et cetera – but guns are acknowledged by both sides to be a right.

I likes it here, I does.

5. avatar louringe3 says:

yep live there for 50 years thank god I now live in TX

6. avatar Luis says:

18 days left till I’m out.

7. avatar إبليس says:

Don’t you mean esclavo state?

1. avatar Rob says:

“estado esclavista”, Señor.

🙂

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

¡Excelente!

8. avatar JR LORENCZ says:

Left ten years ago. Lovin’ it in Las Vegas.

9. avatar jwm says:

Unfortunately California is spreading like a cancer. Look at Colorado. The great gun state of Texas? Print? And all us gun owners in California are not going to affect the state’s politicol power by moving to a gun friendly state. For every pro gun guy that leaves the state 3 immigrents dependent on the nanny state move in.

So long as California remains locked to the left gun control will stay on the front burner. Maybe instead of running from California all the gun rights people should be moving here. Move here, register as a democrat and beat this place from the inside.

1. avatar DrVino says:

“Maybe instead of running from California all the gun rights people should be moving here.”

That would be nice.

But the greater point is true: by moving, you change the balance of power and create an increasingly anti-gun populace.

As goes California….

If you want to tilt Kali back to gun rights, you’d better convince about ten million of your friends to move in.

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

‘Tis unwise to take the name Kali in vain…

Dēvatā’ōṁ hamēśā dēkha rahē haiṁ.

10. avatar Peter says:

My wife was born and raised there, now she has told me that would never move back.
    Not so much the DA (dumb ass) gun laws but the high taxes, illegals driving drunk and uninsured and the constant overflights of the Police choppers with their floodlights.
    For me, add the DA gun laws to the list.

11. avatar DrVino says:

Once everyone is done shaking their heads, rolling their eyes, laughing and shrugging their shoulders and dismissing the issue with “Oh, well, it’s California…. What are you gonna do? It’s not OUR state” please realize that this is like an aggressive cancer. It spreads.
    It WILL come your way (as if you had no examples of that happening lately).
    It has to be dealt with.

Nuke it from orbit–it’s the only way to be sure.

1. avatar Mark says:

The fallout would spread Westward on the prevailing winds. Containment is a better option.

1. avatar C says:

Having played a lot of Fallout, i believe that i am prepared for this scenario.

12. avatar K says:

Does anyone else think it’s a bit funny that ENDO designs are printed on American Apparel shirts, especially in the context of this video? From the American Apparel website, “American Apparel keeps Californians, keeps Americans, working, and in doing so contributes millions of dollars annually to the State and country’s tax base, as well as the local economies in which our employees live.”

So technically, in selling pro-gun prints on AA shirts, we’re providing some of the taxes that pay for the enforcement of California gun laws?

1. avatar Russ Bixby says: