MD Pro-Gun Control Ad Seeks to Consolidate Support

The Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence Education Fund is airing this victory dance. It’s designed to head off political blowback from the Democrats’ decision to go all-in for civilian disarmament. (Hey, is that the MAIG’s mystery hunter without his beard and flannel?) Click here to scan the Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence Board of Directors, which includes some misguided religious leaders and a bunch of washed-up cops and pols. Their prez and spokesman, one Vincent DeMarco, is a former Maryland Assistant Attorney General and current Assistant Professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Yes, DeMarco was given a major assist by that Bloomberg; the gun grabbing New York City Mayor behind the Mayors Against Illegal Guns. Just so you know.

comments

1. avatar Gtfoxy says:

Ill say it again; This needs passing in 34 states.

Send to your reps. Inform local government of its popularity. Be active or stop whining.

1. avatar Gtfoxy says:

Pass this link along to your your friends, take a copy to local gun clubs, ranges & gun shops.

People do not even know this is happening.

2. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Nice to see Missouri following Kansas’ lead – again.

2. avatar pwrserge says:

Surprise surprise, comments disabled. Looks like uncle Goebbels has been hard at work again.

1. avatar ragnar_d says:

The comments may be disabled, but they can’t disable flagging it for inappropriate content. May not amount to anything, but it doesn’t take much time and maybe if there’s enough flagging it’ll go away . . . wishful thinking, I know.

3. avatar Mike Crognale says:

This mis what I am thinking about writing to them on their contact form. What do ya’ll think?

In 1966 I took my first oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies. foreign and DOMESTIC. I would just like to know how you folks can face yourselves knowing that you have committed treason and are now domestic enemies of the Constitution? I pity you all. You are damned fools.

1. avatar pwrserge says:

Agreed. But I save my pity for their victims. These scumbags deserve only scorn, a short drop, and a sudden stop. Just like every other traitor.

1. avatar Mike Crognale says:

a good point. I haven’t submitted my comment yet. I’ll edit it. thnaks

Bloomberg is buying up states like they were squares on a Monopoly board. Which makes Maryland, well, Mediterranean Avenue. The cheapest property on the board.

1. avatar Dave357 says:

It’s interesting that there seem to be no truly wealthy donors that support the pro-gun side. Or is that a mistaken impression?

1. avatar AM says:

The Koch Bros?

1. avatar Anonemoose says:

Well! No wonder people hate them so much!

2. avatar Dave357 says:

I know they support conservative causes in general, but do they have a history of supporting specifically the 2nd Amendment?

3. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Nope. They’re slavers as well – just of a different stripe.

2. avatar WLCE says:

there’s plenty. dont fret 😉

5. avatar Mina says:

This is not the same actor as the MAIG guy in the other ad. That guy was younger and cuter. I’m an expert … being a girl and all. LOL 😉

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

That’s a guy?

2. avatar shawn says:

It is called make-up. You girls know all about that.

6. avatar CentralIL says:

In skimming headlines does anyone else here often misread “pro-gun control” as simply “pro-gun” and miss the “control” part? The problem might just be on my end, but maybe it would be better to call them “anti-gun” or “pro-disarmament” or something else instead.

1. avatar Lucubration says:

This does throw me from time to time.

I just call them scumb@gs. Is that too direct?

3. avatar Bob says:

Did anyone else (mis)read the first sentence thusly:
      “The Marylanders to PREVENT Gun Violence EDUCATION Fund is …”

In other words, they want to prevent education on gun violence. I think we might have a Freudian Slip here, that accidentally gives away their true objectives.

4. avatar Nate says:

I just say anti-gun, because it’s clear that’s what they are.

7. avatar Ian says:

I continue to laugh at the people who post these. They block the ratings of their videos and the comments knowing the the majority will slander it.

On the other side, I have never seen a single video ad of the NRAs or other pro gun organizations block the voice of the people.

It becomes quite evident that the gun control group no only doesn’t believe in the 2nd amendment but also feels they have the right to block the 1st amendment.

1. avatar William says:

Their position is basically, “all your message are belong to us.”

2. avatar DaveL says:

It’s only slander if it isn’t true.

8. avatar AR says:

Let’s call it like it is.

Pro-Gun Control = Anti-Gun = Anti-Civil Rights = Pro-Civilian Disarmament

1. avatar Mina says:

anti-neighbor, anti-community, pro-state

9. avatar dwb says:

argh, i just want to punch the screen when i see this ad. How about if, before Bishop Sutton makes his argument, we check his fingerprints against the offender registry and computer for child pictures. For the children. I’d like to meet the alleged 68% of hunters that support this bill, because I know a lot of them in MD and not one supports this bill.

1. avatar William says:

It’s even lousy as propaganda. Let’s pretend to be medical experts, what say?

10. avatar WBuck says:

It wont work. We are here and we are awake. Get active Marylanders! It will only take a few thousand of us in each county to knock these guys off. Here is resource to see how your reps voted. http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?pid=flrvotepage&tab=subject3&id=SB0281%2ch-0895&stab=02&ys=2013rs

Dont just say, Do!

1. avatar Gtfoxy says:

Listen to him!

2. avatar Robert M says:

I am attempting to help some but I got redistricted in a solidly Republican district. I will make sure all our rep’s are pro gun.

Thanks
      Robert

11. avatar DrVino says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha re…. ha ha … re…. ha ha real…… ha ha ha ha …. they said: “real solutions”!….

the “entire country”??…. THE F^CK YOU SAY!!!!!

12. avatar William says:

Any TTAGers wanna do a video about MEDICINE?

1. avatar jwm says:

William, didn’t you play doctor enough when you were a kid?

Sh1tty doctors kill about 250,000 people a year.

1. avatar Rambeast says:

It’s a sad state of affairs when human life can be reduced to calculated risk in a malpractice policy…

13. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

that’s a chick?

14. avatar Sixpack70 says:

What five states have they passed similar laws in that have reduced gun crime? If they are going to say MA, then I guess all of the whining in the state about increasing crime with guns is a hoax?

15. avatar Buell301 says:

This won’t do jack to stem the bloodflow in Baltimore City or PG County. But we’ll let plenty of the thugs plead out and act surprised when they are caught with an illegal gun or kill someone.

I love reps from gated communities in Bethesda and Potomac telling me I don’t need to protect myself. If only we all could live with armed guards at our whim!

16. avatar Steve in NY says:

According to the latest research 68% of gun related statistics are made up.

17. avatar Randy Drescher says:

MD stood up to gun violence & now there is none? If there is still violence what did they stand up to….or should I say for? Randy