Live Chat Top Shot All-Stars Tonight 10pm EST History Channel

Top Shot All Stars, eh? Then how come there’s not one single season winner amongst them? We get two runners-up (Chris Cerino and Brian Zins) and one female. Over at Cheaper Than Titanium (Just), TS2 competitor Daryl Parker (who?) ascribes the no-shows to previous commitments. Whatever. We here at TTAG are simply grateful that we have a suitable target for our collective Snarkenator, even if it means dissing a shooting show for featuring knife throwing, blow gun blowing and sling shot showdowns. Again. Still. At least this time there’s none of that Survivor-like team and elimination misegos. Pour yourself a libation (at the appropriate time) and join us here tonight for a moderated good time.

comments

1. avatar CharlieKilo says:

Do we actually get to talk to them? I wouldn’t mind chatting with Chris.

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

Sadly, there’s a $1 million penalty clause in their contracts if they do anything that annoys the History Channel before the show is complete. I think snarking it up with TTAG counts.

1. avatar Human Being says:

So did they bill Jake Zweig? If not I call paper tiger.

2. avatar Brian S says:

Glad to see this show back, as always there will be complaints, but I thought it was a decent show.

1. avatar pc_load_letter says:

Yup, me too. It’s entertaining to me. Of course last seasons winner is a CA boy so that’s nice to see.

3. avatar William says:

Zzzzzzz. … zzzzzzz… I think I’ll chat up a cinderblock instead.

4. avatar C says:

I can’t be the only one who hates that show.

1. avatar Dave C says:

right there with ya, hence the snark-fest.

2. avatar In Memphis says:

With the exception of a few shows (this not being one of them), I hate cable television all together, does that count?

5. avatar Dave C says:

This sounds like fun…

I’m in.

6. avatar DonS says:

WTF is a “moderated good time”?

Is that like one of those new “play date” things where the parents stick around to watch over the ankle biters?

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

Moderated, meaning that you can submit comments but we choose which ones are funny / interesting enough to share.

Want an unmoderated chat? Join an IRC channel. Us? We’re all about the quality.

1. avatar Jchittim says:

So in other words you people get to watch the mods of TTAG have a circlejerk and once in a while we may let one of your comments through. Everything they say is interesting and funny, but not so much for your comments.

What to do, what to do? I did have a colonoscopy scheduled tonight but now this came up. I guess I’ll go with the colonoscopy, at least they give me narcotics to sit through that.

2. avatar DonS says:

I’m aware of the TTAG “live chat” scenario. I observed how that worked last time.

I was attempting (and apparently failing) to point out the disconnect between “moderated” and “good time”.

Maybe “moderated good time” is akin to shall-issue, but no open carry and no carry in bars? I guess I get that.

7. avatar Tommy Knocker says:

If they get to talk guns and shooting with Gunny Zins, that will be a huge plus for me. Gunny is one of those guys who if you get to meet, you never forget.

8. avatar Gossven says:

Looking at the cast list being in the top 50% of a season is enough to qualify you for “all star” status.

Since the show produced almost as much melodrama as a soap opera, maybe there should be a daytime, soap opera version of the show. Call it “Another World — Dodge City.” If they want to call it “The Guiding Light,” maybe Crimson Trace will sponsor it. If anyone gets hurt, send them to “General Hospital.”

This is going to be big.

10. avatar din says:

thank goodness, I can’t wait for my giant teeth and hands-on-hips fix!

1. avatar Ing says:

So I’m not the only one who’s noticed Cody’s enormous and freakishly perfect dentition. It kind of freaks me out, actually. I don’t want to, but I can’t stop staring. I don’t know what I’d do if I ever met that toothy grin in real life.

1. avatar DisThunder says:

“Thah Beanelli Ehm-fower shyatguhn.”

11. avatar Edward Torres says:

This is a lot of bullshit. They tell you who won before they show you on the T.V.