TTAG Interviews Mr. Colion Noir

We all know about his political opinions, but who really knows the man behind the wide brimmed baseball cap? Robert Farago, Dan Zimmerman and Nick Leghorn interview Mr. Colion Noir at the NRA Annual Meeting and ask him just that. Also, favorite action movie: Bad Boys II? Really?

comments

His name is Collins Idehens and his life story is actually out there — parents, law school, everything — if you know where to look. There’s no such thing as privacy.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Digital footprints can be quite large…

Yes, sir. Quite large and quite deep.

2. avatar Clay says:

shame you can hardly hear anything.

1. avatar Mamba says:

Yah, sound level is way low and muddy…I had to put on my headphones. It would be worth re-uploading after upping the level and tweaking the treble.
      Still, great to have it. Longest and most in-depth dialog I’ve heard Colion do thus far. Very enjoyable, thanks gents!

1. avatar William Burke says:

The sound is horrible. It gave me a headache in about two minutes.

3. avatar Brooklyn in da house says:

Does it look and feel like an interrogation a little?

1. avatar Frank says:

Haha, first thing I thought after I got over how bad the sound was.

4. avatar OkieRim says:

Phiillies, Reds, NY…dude must have a chuncky hat budget, looks like he is a law clerk and dabbled in RE…either way this guy has never made a bad vid and i’am 100% behind the NRA in bringing him onboard.

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

He just passed the bar according to his FB page. It would be mice to have someone like him as a lawyer. Then after a few years, a judge.

5. avatar Matt says:

Nice to see an interview with him. I’ve been wondering if his speeches are written out, but seeing how articulate he is on his feet, I’m solidly convinced the NRA made a good choice and he needs to be the face of the gun community.

Collins won a national moot court competition when he was in law school at Texas Southern, so I’m sure that he thinks very well on his feet.

6. avatar Sean says:

Seems like a very well rounded, logical person.

I have never been huge fan of the NRA, but bringing Colion on was the best decision they have made.

1. avatar TomFox says:

Maybe the NRA is realizing they need a cultural shift away from only white right-wingers and moving into the American mainstream.

Ohh wait. The new president of the NRA…

“Porter has called President Barack Obama a “fake president,” Attorney General Eric Holder “rabidly un-American” and the U.S. Civil War the “War of Northern Aggression.””

If this type of stupid shit continues, eventually, the gun control zealots are gonna win.

7. avatar Tim says:

Colion is a very, very wise man. He is 25 years my junior, but I learned from him (and indeed took notes) during this video. This guy is the real deal. I have lurked on TTAG for a long while, but the strength of this interview compelled me to post my comment.

8. avatar BlinkyPete says:

Sorry Colion, but Bad Boys 2 just dropped you down a peg.

9. avatar Bill says:

Intelligent questions from TTAG and great answers from the intelligent Mr. Noir. Good job all around and very interesting.

10. avatar Jim Scrummy says:

Smart guy. I check in often at his youtube channel. Definitely would like to meet and just BS about anything with him. Agree with him on the video game rabbit hole LaPierre went down, it was stupid on both a strategic and tactical level. Bad Boys (I) was better than II.

11. avatar g says:

Good stuff, but next time… mic him up!

12. avatar gabba says:

Do you guys really think that “minority communities” are “the hotbed of liberalism”? as if MSNBC was sprung from BET, or the daily show is run by the moonies, or noam chomsky is hispanic. was eugene debs or howard zinn part of some racial minority community? It kinda strikes me that, this attitude, that minorities spawned the left wing and all that you hate is the problem and the reason why they vote liberal is because they’re all liberals, and not because they perceive the other side to not have their interests at heart.

13. avatar Al Cohol says:

This guy is exactly what the gun community needed. And I’m glad he’s stuck around. Shot my first gun about a year ago and like him, dove head first into the community and culture. Now I concealed carry every day, legally, and I live in California. I once was basically anti gun and it also was from fear and lack of knowledge. Once I understood guns I fell in love. Within the first couple shots I was hooked. My experience was very similar to his. I discovered his channel almost right away and have been hooked since. His videos have given me a lot of knowledge and insight, as well as help me win a lot of arguments with family who were once nearly anti gun. This guy is a great face for the new wave of gun owners.

14. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

It took me till today to watch the entire video. I found the earplugs essential.

I’m sure it’ll come as no surprise to any of you that I didn’t find him very convincing. He reminded me of guys I’ve known who are self-conscious and insecure but have a tiny bit of the gift o’ the gab. Robert’s questions sounded clear and sure, the answers often didn’t. Please, don’t ask me for specific examples. I’ve already parsed two or three of his prepared videos in detail, listing the lies and twistings.

I realize I’ll be accused of being a racist by some and a close-minded gun control advocate by many others, but I offer this in my defense. After eight whole days, only 21 comments are to be fund. Just about every one a two-thumbs-up, but I can’t help but wonder how many chose not to comment at all rather than display disloyalty to the cause.