Protesters at the NRA Annual Meeting

P1260672

We all knew that there would be protesters outside the NRA’s annual celebration of all things firearms related. I mean, since the NRA just single-handedly defeated the “common sense” measures that 90% of the population wanted, the streets would be flooded with them! Right? Well,right now the protest is in full swing. And there are (and I’m being generous here) about a dozen people in attendance. In fact, the press seems to outnumber the protesters down there.However, the protesters appear to be congregating behind any camera they see to make their numbers appear larger. So a word to the wise: take the mainstream reporting with a sensationalist grain of salt.

comments

1. avatar pk in AZ says:

He he he……

2. avatar Silver says:

Rather ironic that the most violent thing that could possibly happen at the NRA convention is something started by these “anti-violence” lowlifes.

3. avatar tangledthorns says:

Wow, that 90% is a powerful force!

1. avatar In Memphis says:

It will be a short revolution I guess as they cower behind our troops that turn to fight with us

1. avatar Accur81 says:

I’m much more worried about the troops that won’t.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

True. Im hoping it will never come to that BUT I think we are beyond fixing this country in the voting booths. It may not be today, this year or in my life time but Im sure it will happen. I only hope there is enough integrity in a majority of our military to realize what they fight for.

4. avatar Gtfoxy says:

I opposr your statement that the NRA “single handedly defeated…” It wss no “single hand” that accomplished anything of the sort. Yet it was us, we the people in our vocal protest, that caused fail to the would-be registration scheme. I personaly give much credit of organizational help & influence to the Gun Owners of America.

Please be more carefull in your accolades in the future, giving credit where credit is wholey due.

Thanks

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

It was 100% satire, taking the “gun control advocate” mindset. In all probability, it was most likely unaffiliated Americans who kept making calls to Senators that killed that legislation, not any gun group in particular. I thought it was obvious from the context…

1. avatar SCS says:

Sarcasm is a mystery to some, Nick.

2. avatar Accur81 says:

I got it. I’m highly fluent in sarcasm.

Do you speak jive?

2. avatar In Memphis says:

Jive Lady: “Oh stewardess! I speak jive.”

Randy: “Oh, good.”

Jive Lady: “He said that he’s in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.”

Randy: “All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I’ll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?”

Jive Lady: “Jus’ hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da’ rebound on da’ med side.”

2. avatar Bill says:

I agree gtfoxy. I’m also starting to believe more in the NAGR than the NRA.

3. avatar Chas says:

My advice to you is to read TTAG more often. You’ll get it eventually.

5. avatar Bill F says:

To be fair, the dozen protesters are the 90% of all those polled.

1. avatar APBTFan says:

If there was any golden opportunity for the anti’s to come out in droves to make their voices heard it would be this NRA convention.

Apparently very few of them had enough true conviction to log off huffpost and get off their asses long enough to to make a public showing. Maybe they’re happy enough with the msm’s smear job of gun owners that they don’t feel the need to interrupt breast feeding their six year old.

6. avatar JM says:

LMAO, yeah, and there was an unfortunate issue with a geocaching flash mob party that had been scheduled for today that the parks people tried to break up thinking they were protesters too. So ignore any “protesters” you see without signs… they were probably the Geocaching group that got turned around.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

That’s fantastic.

7. avatar Sammy says:

The NRA should hold their next convention in Bismark SD, in February. Let’s test the power of the anti’s personal convictions. This just goes to show that fraud is the dominant theme in any government pronouncement be it social or economic.

1. avatar Nick Leghorn says:

Indianapolis, Indiana is next on the list.

1. avatar Jarhead1982 says:

If you ever get west of town there, go to the Covington Beefhouse, you wont regret it!

1. avatar Brian S. says:

I did and I regretted it. St. Elmo’s is a better choice and not 60+ miles away in BFE.

2. avatar Bill says:

Bismark, SD? Is that near Rapid City ND?

8. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

I have an idea, why not get a hundred or so folks from the NRA to head out with sandwiches and water for the anti’s. Take the time to explain the issues we are facing and OMG use logic and facts.. Oh if that would hit the news, that would be hilarious!!!

1. avatar JM says:

+1 I LOVE IT!!! Great idea!

2. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

I mean really it isn’t being mean, you are bringing them lunch in support of their first amendment rights no? It also slaps the media up side the head that the NRA are not a bunch of crazies..

Oh Mr Noir is there to, get him to go out with ya, along with Emily Miller.. Oh that would catch them off guard big time.

3. avatar In Memphis says:

That is actually an awesome idea Daniel. If I see a protestor at the next gun show I might just do that while OC’ing. Treat them with total respect.

9. avatar Mark says:

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

10. avatar Labman says:

The anti’s really like that 80% or 90% figure but they include in that figure the 70% that don’t care, couldn’t be bothered either way, think the gun owners are getting a raw deal being equated with a couple of madmen but just don’t say it or are too busy eating a burger while texting in their cars to notice. With over 100,000,000 gun owners out here, I’ll go out on a limb here and say that the vast majority of that 80/90% personally know a gun owner that hasn’t killed anyone so why does that 1% want to punish them?

11. avatar Jeh says:

More like 90% of the people the media networks decided to ask around the office, I certainly didn’t get a poll vote.

I can only imagine the protestors:
    “Grr! Were angry at you for something we were told you did! We cant think for ourselves so well do what the media told us to! How dare you do that thing that I don’t actually know what it is!”

Idiots.

12. avatar Jason says:

You would be generous with a dozen. I just left the show and I think I counted 4 protesters, a handful filming a documentary and the rest would be curious what the cameras were there for. Any more than that would be just enjoying this beautiful day outside!

13. avatar Randy Drescher says:

The million mom march struck again & 99 percent of criminals want good guys to go without guns. How do they they do it? One flash of brilliance after another, Randy

14. avatar James St. John says:

Please quit perpetuating the 90% lie, it’s 90.

1. avatar Daniel Silverman says:

LMAO Great one James!!!

15. avatar S.CROCK says:

90% of the people that took the poll showed up today.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

The other 10% were breaking a sweat on their fron porch waiting for my tax dollars… uh I mean their welfare check to come in the mail.

16. avatar Kirk says:

I had to get a magnifying glass. I didn’t realize insects were gun-grabbers.

Thank goodness we can just squish them and go about our business.

1. avatar Ing says:

Gad, you NRA types are brutal. Such troglodytes!

“Help! I’m being repressed! Come see the violence inherent in the system!”

17. avatar irock350 says:

It was a sad showing, I had to go over and harass them.

18. avatar Matt in FL says:

“However, the protesters appear to be congregating behind any camera they see to make their numbers appear larger.”

I once saw an overhead shot of a protest like that, taken from the roof of a nearby building. On the ground below were two or three “pie wedges” of about 15-20 people each, with a news camera at the tip of each wedge. From the camera’s view, there was a large tightly-packed crowd of people. From above, not so much.

19. avatar C says:

They both look pretty riled up.

20. avatar Terry says:

We counted about 40 of ’em around 2:00pm this afternoon – very impressive!