New from Battle Blades: Rail Mounted Knife

P1260323

Head on over to TTAK for the skinny.

comments

1. avatar JWhite says:

Now featured on every Mall Ninja’s HSLD Operators-Operating-In-Operational Operations-Rig.

2. avatar William Burke says:

Thanks. Never knew I needed one of these before.

Oh. Wait. I DON’T.

3. avatar Hal J. says:

If I need a pointy tool on my rifle, I’ll use a bayonet.

If I need a pointy tool that’s not on my rifle, I’ll keep it in a scabbard on my hip.

This may be the most point-less accessory for a rifle I’ve ever seen. That having been said, if they can make money selling it good for them.

1. avatar Southern Cross says:

+1 on the bayonet. I’ve used a No4 .303 with the No9 blade bayonet in the field. Using the bayonet was a good way to coup-de-grace wounded game without risking them fighting back or having uncontrolled ricochets from the stoney ground.

4. avatar JM says:

Surprisingly, the security guards we have over here in Nigeria all seem to have knives taped to the foregrip of their AK’s. I’m suspecting though that it’s because they would have to answer for firing rounds and not for knifing someone.

1. avatar Human Being says:

What, are they having an ammo shortage too? Or just a terminal case of red-tape: fire a round and fill out this form in triplicate?

1. avatar JM says:

Red tape… government is concerned that unaccounted for rounds would go to all the militants. That, and they’d be lucky a) if the rifle doesn’t blow up from all the rust in the barrel; and b) to actually hit their target with a contact shot.

5. avatar LLARMS says:

I think some of you may be missing the point of the product and are over complicating it. I think it is suppose to serve as an easily accessed location for a knife, which does not always mean in a “combat situation”. Take note, the knife is in a scabbard, not positioned at all to be used as an attacking instrument.

It just offers one less thing on a belt or worn rig to have to remember where you put your knife, or mess around to get it removed.

I am surprised we have not seen a lightweight enclosed battery compartment that attaches to a rail (6-8?) instead of relying on battery holders built into stocks/grips that hold like 2 of them.

– D

1. avatar Dave says:

Or just adding needless weight to a perfectly good rifle.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Those are my thoughts.

1. avatar LLARMS says:

A few ounces and may add a little front end weight, which is not always bad.

And this is all you can manage to complain about?

Should we get excited about a new butt stock coming out that is just another redesign of a redesign of a redesign of a knock of that was made after the real thing?

– D

Why would someone mount a gun to a perfectly good knife?

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Ha!

7. avatar Armchair Command'oh says:

Looks like Feinstein has something new to add to her evil features list.

Yes — her face.

8. avatar Dave says:

Not you too Nick Leghorn…. If I wanted to know the truth about knives I would go there, but I want to know about guns.

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Hmmm… My utility knife has like a fifteen blade magazine.

9. avatar CarlosT says:

I’m still holding out for the rail-mounted nutmeg grater. How am I ever going to perfect my tacticcino without it?