Houston Airport Suicide: DHS Agent Hit Suspect in Shoulder, Suspect Left Suicide Note

0502-00-CARNELL-MOORE-_4780

It’s beginning to look like the guy who walked into Bush Intercontinental Airport Thursday was indeed suicidal, thanks to evidence provided by a suicide note he left. He talks about a darkness inside him that he was fighting, and apparently losing. He reportedly tried to kidnap a woman with whom he was infatuated earlier in the week, then drove from Beaumont to Houston to end his life. In the final moments, DHS agents claim that he pointed his gun at an agent who fired in self defense, striking the suspect in the shoulder. However, reports also indicate that the shooter almost simultaneously put the gun to his own head and ended his life. The news outlets also indicate that he tried to get people to leave the area before he opened fire, indicating that he only wanted to kill himself and no one else.

comments

1. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Oh look! It’s another Old Fat White Guy who was a member of the Tea Party!

2. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Suicide by cop. Lovely. No better than suicide by big rig, really.

Nice that he tried to clear the area, though. Still, he offed himself; odd that he couldn’t do that in some private place, but had to instead ruin a lot of peoples’ days.

Maybe he needed to take some lead first to get his nerve up. Sad.

1. avatar John F says:

OH THANK GOD, The DHS guy had some ammunition !!!!!!

1. avatar Brennan says:

If I could favorite this comment, I would.

3. avatar Matt in FL says:

Hey, ya do what ya gotta do, but don’t mess with my travel plans! Have a little consideration!

4. avatar Pascal says:

I see two things here:

1) Yet, still again, a person with a mental issue tries to do harm, the focus goes to the gun and not the shooter

2) Once again, someone with a mental issue perhaps unable to easily get help

But yet, the focus will be about the gun

5. avatar Mobile Infantry says:

A call for a national conversation on mental health? No, that might actually help.

6. avatar k4R-15 says:

Agree with comments above- and also wonder what happens if mental health record reporting becomes so aggressive and so extreme (ie if a mental health professional thinks you can’t balance your checkbook- whether it not that is relevant or true) that people further shun the idea of seeking help if they do have mental health issues?

Im Still looking for a common sense mental health push across DC that won’t threaten civil liberties because of poor design

7. avatar tjlarson2k says:

Maybe it’s because I just finished watching Dexter Season 3, but the whole “monster” and “darkness” references seem very…. similar.

So a mentally defective clown with a room temperature IQ wanted an audience for his big exit. He wanted to be known. Well, it didn’t work. I just read the story and I’ve already forgotten his name. I guess that nobody ever told the fool that if you want to be remembered as someone good, someone the world will miss, you should do something good.

9. avatar Accur81 says:

A very sad incident, but I’m grateful that no one besides the suicidal man was killed. Bad guys have guns, crazy people have guns, and the government has guns. Therefore, it stands to reason that good guys should have guns as well.

10. avatar Nigil says:

That’s a pretty inconsiderate way to commit suicide; scare a bunch of innocent people, put an airport on lockdown, and worse yet, force an average person to kill someone. How do you think that security agent feels? I feel bad for anyone who has the kind of internal mental anguish that leads to this, and I wish it were easier for people to get help and feel comfortable getting help. But if I ever decided to un-paint my portrait, it would be quiet and alone in a peaceful field, and cause as little anguish to others as possible.

11. avatar MotoJB says:

Good riddance…

12. avatar Joe says:

One dead, many others mentally scarred. I wish the gun grabbers would attack the mental health issue with such fervor. Sounds like this guy offed himself before he could do harm to others.

13. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

think it would be bad form to call the Houston PD and ask how much they will sell his AR to me for??

14. avatar SGC says:

Well…bye…

15. avatar Jeff the Griz says:

Liberal types (in general) don’t see mental health as the issue. It’s our fault and the fault of the NRA. We are the easy “targets”. Almost every day I see comments at “news” sites and at least one comment claiming we should be shot with our own firearms…you know “FOR THE CHILDREN”. We do have a mental health problem in our society but it’s getting too full of lib tard dribal to see what is social rot and what is true mental illness.