Quote of the Day: Permission Structure Edition

“There have to be repercussions for bad votes. Otherwise people have a permission structure to vote that way. If there is no repercussion for voting the wrong way, why vote the right way?” – Howard Wolfson in Mike Bloomberg’s group will keep hitting red state Dems over guns [at washingtonpost.com]

comments

1. avatar Sixpack70 says:

Yeah, how dare they not vote against constitutionally protected rights! What an idiot.

2. Wolfson is a clintonite. He was in bills white house and is a long time aide to hillary. He will absolutely be part of hillarys campaign. Know your enemy.

1. avatar William says:

IMHO, unfolding Benghazi makes Hilly dead in the water for 2016. And beyond.

The bloom is off the “rose”, boys. Lift a glass and rejoice!

1. avatar Pat says:

You cant kill a witch. Earth mother (HELLary) aint dead til she’s dead.

3. avatar Travis says:

I absolutely agree with him!

That is precisely why there are recall efforts in Colorado. It is also why in my colony of New York almost every county has come to speak out against the SAFE Act.

For once, I agree with Bloomberg’s croonies! There needs to be some repercussion for all those voting to restrict our fundamental rights. Remember, these are not rights given to us by our Constitution – the Constitution merely says they shall not be acted upon. These are rights we receive as human beings, not as citizens of the United States.

1. avatar William says:

Not so much “received”, as not all agree there is someone to receive them from. (I am agnostic; there is no way for me to know, one way or another.)

We had them originally. As humans; not every human in history has recognized this!

They are OURS, and always have been. AND ALWAYS WILL BE.

4. avatar cary beshel says:

Is this guy a troll or an idiot? First of all there are many repercussions for voting against what the public wants, it is called losing an election. Secondly a bad vote that violates the constitution can be challenged and overturned by the courts. Finally, a really bad vote can be challenged by the people who don’t want to wait for an election by recall. Instead this guy thinks having a single narcissistic statist use his money to bully elected officials doing what their constituents wanted is a bad vote, that needs to be rectified through monetary intimidation. Methinks this guy would be perfectly happy to live in a progressive dictatorship.

5. avatar cary beshel says:

Also I love how TTAG is able to find a picture of these anti gun and anti freedom d-bags where they look like the elitist, smug, self centered, entitled pricks they really are. On second thought, that is probably how they always look.

1. avatar William says:

I love it too. Robert, thanks each and every day for doing this.

These people’s faces tell what smug, self-satisfied assbags they really are.

6. avatar Bill Derer says:

This guy makes my brain hurt.

7. avatar Pulatso says:

Even without seeing his name and affliation, I knew he was a progessive tool simply by the words “permission structure”.

8. avatar Chip says:

“…If there is no repercussion for voting the wrong way, why vote the right way?”

And, of course, *he* is the one who gets to decide which is the ‘right way.’

1. avatar Cort says:

That’s the problem I ran into. The whole point of voting is, you choose what you think is right for you.

9. avatar Don says:

Least self-aware utterance ever.

1. avatar William says:

Oh god. Gotta clean the iPhone screen once more…

10. avatar uncommon_sense says:

“If there is no repercussion for voting the wrong way, why vote the right way?” – Howard Wolfson

I could argue the same regarding gun grabbing politicians who vote in favor of infringing on our rights.

11. avatar tdiinva says:

Don’t let Bloomberg’s nanny state antics fool you. He is the Republican’s mole. It’s all part the plan to get control of Senate. Bloomberg will use the excuse of gun control to replace red state Democrats with solid Republicans. /sarc

1. avatar TR says:

The best thing is that you may be right. Bloomy and company are just too self-absorbed to realize they’re effectively unwitting double-agents.

12. avatar 505markf says:

Smug, self-righteous, and an impeccable progressive political resume. I bet this guy rocks his local coffee house. I think we really are in a culture war. It seems to come down to people who think that ordering a “skinny-soy-caramel-macchiato” is somehow morally and intellectually superior over “coffee, black”.

I wish this guy could meet my brother who drinks skinny-soy-caramel-macchiato by the bucket and is a train engineer, Ron Paul supporter, and verifiable gun nut.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

Fat-free soy milk would make crappy foam. And I miss the days when macchiatto meant espresso “marked” with a dollop of foam, in contrast to the cappuccino, which had a full head of foam.

2. avatar William says:

You mean coffee SHOP. Or WTF knows, Coffee “Shoppe”?

Somehow I can’t feature that loser POS playing bongos in a coffee house!

Sorry, Irish Breakfast Tea for me; no coffee.

13. avatar tdiinva says:

Don’t let Bloomberg’s nanny state antics fool you. He is the Republican’s mole. It’s all part the plan to get control of the Senate. Bloomberg will use the excuse of gun control to replace red state Democrats with solid Republicans. /sarc

14. avatar Chas says:

I’ll keep saying this every time they call for background checks – we already have them.

15. avatar Alex Peters says:

So, voting the will of your constituents is now the “wrong way”?

16. avatar Russ Bixby says:

He’s absolutely right, as far as the quote goes.

And for wrong (pro-enslavement) votes, there certainly shall be repercussions.

17. avatar DisThunder says:

What, no Princess Bride quote? You guys are slipping.

1. avatar Pulatso says:

Men in masks cannot be trusted?

1. avatar TR says:

Anybody want a peanut?

18. avatar Calvin says:

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” Napoleon (iirc)

These guys are either much, much smarter than me (not an impossibility) or they haven’t thought this through. The alternative to a red state Democrat isn’t a liberal Democrat, it’s a Republican. I hope Bloomberg burns a big ol’ pile of money getting these DINOs run out of office.

1. avatar jerry says:

Precisely Calvin. Who the hell do these people think will get elected if Pryor and Landrieu and Hagan are beaten? I hope Bloomberg continues to nail them. 3 more pro-2A republicans would be great.

I’m in favor of repercussions. Repercussions are why we have a Second Amendment.

20. avatar Kirk says:

“Permission structure” popped up from Pres. Obama, himself.

I argue that AG Eric Holder will soon resign to protect the president from all the permissions his structure has created: http://guardamerican.com/index.php/blog/35-politics/751-scandalum-dumping-eric-holder-makes-sense

1. avatar William says:

It’s usually called “falling on one’s sword”. If only the son-of-a-bitch had a real sword to fall upon.

21. avatar Jake says:

“You’re not doing what I personally believe you should do, therefore society as a whole should punish you”

These people don’t realize they are saying and doing the exact things they claim to be against.

22. avatar Dave357 says:

I guess we’ll find out in the end if one man can buy a whole provision in the Bill of Rights in the 21st century edition of the Land of the Free.

23. avatar Southern Cross says:

He sounds like a soviet election:

“You will keep voting until you do it correctly!”

24. avatar Pat says:

Don’t EVER vote libtard (democrat), ever.