Sure, a GLOCK will get the job done, but there are those who want something more than just the utilitarian. So if a better grade of wood, a lighter gun and recoil like a gentle kiss is what you’ve been looking for in a shotty, Weatherby’s got just what you’re looking for . . .
Weatherby’s® new SA-08 28 Gauge Deluxe semi-automatic shotgun offers bird hunters light recoil, reliable performance and a distinctly handsome look.
This SA-08 model features a specially-designed, scaled-down frame to fit 28-gauge shells. Weighing approximately 5.5 pounds, the shotgun is available with a 26- or 28-inch barrel and 2 ¾-inch chamber.
“Like all SA-08 semi-auto shotguns, our 28 Gauge Deluxe can be relied on to function and perform well in the field,” said Mike Schwiebert, Weatherby’s director of marketing. “Recoil is negligible, making it a great choice for the fast action of high-volume dove shooting, as well as quail and other upland game birds. It is precisely balanced, and feels trim and lightweight—a real pleasure to shoot.”
The SA-08 28 Gauge Deluxe sports a select-grade walnut stock with precision-cut checkering (22 LPI) for a positive, responsive feel. A high-gloss finish on the stock and metalwork adds to the shotgun’s eye-catching appearance.
Other key features:
- CNC-machined receiver constructed of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy to reduce overall weight without compromising strength, and improve the gun’s balance for easier handling
- drop-out trigger system can be quickly removed for easy cleaning and reassembled
- chrome-lined barrel can withstand years of high-volume shooting and reduce the effort necessary to keep the barrel clean
- barrel has lengthened forcing cones for improved patterns and less shooter fatigue
- vented top rib for smooth follow-through after the shot; also dissipates heat
- brass front bead atop barrel for quick target acquisition
Each shotgun comes with Improved Cylinder, Modified and Full choke tubes that allow shooters to tailor their shot patterns for specific hunting applications
Manufacturer’s suggested retail price: $849. For more information, contact a local Weatherby dealer, call the company at (805) 227-2600 or visit www.weatherby.com.
Founded in 1945, Weatherby, Inc.’s line features the new WBY-Xproducts as well as the popular Vanguard® Series 2 and legendary Mark V® rifles (production and custom), Threat Response shotguns and rifles, semi-auto and pump shotguns, premium ammunition and security/shooting accessories. The company invites all hunters and shooters to visit and join its free online community at www.weatherbynation.com, and like its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Weatherbyinc.