Mark and Gabby Are Talking About You!

Reader Matthew P. was spammed the other day by Mark Kelly and Gabby Giffords. Well, actually it was their newly-formed, vaguely-named Americans for Responsible Solutions operation that sent the email. And against all odds, the anti-gun org seems to have received lightning-fast service from the IRS in processing their 501(c)(4) application. Guess they just got lucky. Anyway, Matthew was wondering what list ARS bought to snag his email address. Have you received one of these, too?

Dear Matthew –
When Gabby and I meet with Senators and Representatives about legislation to reduce gun violence, the conversation inevitably finds its way to you . . .

Yes, you.

Gabby and I have a unique story, but the real strength of our organization is the hundreds of thousands of phone calls, contributions, and signatures on “Gabby’s Pledge” made by people like you.

So, before we make our next visit to Capitol Hill, will you tell us a bit more about yourself? Are you a gun owner, has your family been impacted by gun violence, is this the first time you’ve been active in politics? Let us know here:

Gabby and I are gun owners from the Southwest, and when we have conversations with elected officials we offer a perspective they don’t often get from groups who share our common goal.

The diversity of our organization is important, and we need to be able to tell that story with a bit more data behind it.

That’s why it’s so important that you tell us more about yourself today.

All the best,

Mark Kelly
Americans for Responsible Solutions

comments

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Gabby’s face reminds me of this: http://media.salon.com/2012/08/maroney_rect1.jpg

Gabby Giffords is not impressed.

1. avatar William says:

There is some residual lower facial paralysis, probably. I thought, other than that, it was basically a vacant look, like she’d rather be somewhere else.

1. avatar Bruce says:

I miss Gabby Hayes.

1. avatar Ropingdown says:

I used to miss Uncle Fester, but obviously he’s back. Poor Gabby. She has to go along on Fester’ Great Adventure because, well, take a look. It’s hard to find another guy in the midst of a 10 year rehab. I can’t blame her. Why can’t Mark just play cool songs in space like the Canadian astronaut?

2. avatar Herb says:

Well now durnburn it, you consarned dadblasted galoot!

2. avatar Joe Wright says:

Do you think Gabby, even has a clue ????

1. avatar jwm says:

She looks like she’s trying to figure out if that last fart she eased out had lumps in it.

1. avatar justin says:

the woman took a bullet to the head and is still walking and politicking. It just goes to reinforce my theory that you don’t need a brain to be a democrat

2. avatar JT says:

I don’t think she does. I think she mostly just parrots back what Mark says.

2. avatar Roll says:

I too am a gun owner that lives in the American southwest (southern AZ) and the general feeling about Mark Kelly amongst my Constitution beliveing brothers and sisters is that he needs to shut his damn yap.

You do not speak for me Mark Kelly, nor do I want you to.

3. avatar Alex says:

I’ve gotten the letter version of this…I wonder how they got my home address??? Anyone else get the letter version?

1. avatar BlinkyPete says:

There are plenty of groups that sell info like that. My belief, based on their messaging, is that they’re looking for FUDD types. Perhaps someone predicted you fall into this category? No offense intended, of course.

4. avatar akira says:

Well I’m certainly not impressed with Gabby’s cringe-worthy attempts to ingratiate herself with the gun community by touting her “gun owner” status.

Yea sure Gabby, you’re a big buddy of gun rights. Just like Joe Biden is a sportsman and Obama respects the 2nd amendment.

1. avatar BlinkyPete says:

I put most of the blame on her hubbins. We can’t expect someone who’s been through the trauma that she’s been through to respond to it rationally; we can ask that people like Mark not take advantage of people like Gabby.

If he doesn’t make a MAIG/Brady supported run for the house or senate I’d be stunned.

1. avatar NYC2AZ says:

5. avatar Michael B. says:

We should start Americans Against Irresponsible Proposals. AAIP.

Why start a new one when we have the NRA?

1. avatar Michael B. says:

To spam them with e-mails and initially confuse the handful of people who actually support them?

2. avatar joe smith says:

More political support.

2. avatar Liberty2Alpha says:

You’d have to call it “Americans FOR Irresponsible Proposals, or you’d never get the 501 (c) 4 done.

Amazing that they got theirs done. Would be interesting to know how fast it went through, wouldn’t it?

6. avatar Mark says:

Decietfull.

7. avatar Robert says:

They need to worry about their killer dog they can’t control. If they can’t control their dog what gives them the right to control out guns?

1. avatar Roscoe says:

Ha ha…still laughing.

Good answer.

8. avatar Gyufygy says:

Stealing a phrase, but whenever Mark Kelly’s face shows up, my reaction is “Punch first. Ask questions while punching.”

Alas, Assault is frowned upon. Oh, and illegal.

1. avatar angryAZ says:

Well you see your honor I was afraid he would use his assault dog on me…. a known weapon of homicide…… but in california 1 seal = 10 people…

I did it for the seal pups!!!

1. avatar Bluehaman79 says:

No dog needs jaws like that anymore, as well as no one needs to own a dog so big. we need to make dogs that have to strong of a bite illegal. And we”ll have to require a liscense, registration, as well as a public liscense to bring the dog out in public. But it must be muzzled, on a chain at all times, and can”t be brought near schools or government buildings. for the children of course. This will keep the community safe from these ” assault dogs”. We will still allow Morkies. Maltese Yorkies. Cause their so cute.

9. avatar Gunracer1958 says:

I just posted this to their website……….

Stop using the act committed by an unbalanced individual to promote an anti-self defense agenda. Your “feelings” do not abrogate my natural God-given and Constitutionally protected rights.

If YOU don’t want a gun, don’t buy one, but DO NOT tell me what I can or cannot use to protect myself and my family.

Additionally, if you are so set in disarming the public, are you willing to give up your armed protection? Are you also willing to publicly state that you are voluntarily disarming yourself? Are you willing to place a sign in your front yard stating the same?

If the answer to any of the previous questions is no, then please refrain from further public comment.

1. avatar KevinMA says:

2. avatar MN Matt says:

Amen!

3. avatar Marty the lett says:

I too posted a shorter but similar comment on their site

4. avatar BlinkyPete says:

+1. If you don’t like guns, don’t buy one.

5. avatar BLAMMO says:

… And stop acting like being a victim is an accomplishment.

1. avatar BlindKyle says:

Thank you!!!

10. avatar Roscoe says:

All above, Id.

Have not gotten the spam…yet.

11. avatar KevinMA says:

All gun grabbers always have to mention they are “gun owners”. Ever notice that? That said their hundreds of thousands of signatures were obviously no match for the tens of millions of calls we made, sometimes daily to our Senators.

1. avatar Roscoe says:

And we cannot relent!

1. avatar KevinMA says:

12. avatar Human Being says:

Creepy.

1. avatar Roscoe says:

Veiled intimidation.

13. avatar Nor'Easter says:

These two are obviously trying to get some more “Real Gun Owners” with their “Minds Right” to mouth some more crap about how they’re not regulated enough. I guess the Beard Guy is unavailable.
    I tell you, I felt sorry for these two and said so on this site being subsequently admonished by several other commentators for my misplaced sympathies.
    OK, you were right, I was wrong. I’ll save my sympathies for innocent gunnies tortured by these demented grabbers – period.

14. avatar Frank Williams says:

They probably bought a spam list from the same companies that supply them to Nigerian princes and single Russian women looking for husbands.

1. avatar Hill Country Dog says:

Frank, are you saying the people on this site who got the Giffords-gram have been looking for love in all the wrong places? Did you get a G-gram?

2. avatar Ropingdown says:

Is that why I’m on it? Uh oh.

15. avatar Dale says:

“Are you a gun owner, has your family been impacted by gun violence”

Yes, my family has been impacted by violence (the all inclusive category, not a political cherry-picking element of it) and that is pretty much WHY we have, for generations now, served in the military, worked as law enforcement, taken our civic and political responsibilities seriously and above all OWNED GUNS!

It’s like getting a letter from a child molester reminding you that he’s a parent.

Meanwhile, these two social parasites are rolling in MAIG and Joyce Foundation money.

1. avatar BlinkyPete says:

Not bad.

17. avatar jwm says:

What does it say about me that i haven’t been contacted? Foad Mark, and take your meat puppet with you.

1. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

Oh
      more pepsi on my keyboard.
      “meat puppet”
      I may have shat myself from laughing!

1. avatar jwm says:

Then my job here is done.

2. avatar 1911A1 says:

Please God, let her be Bacon!!!

18. avatar Smaj says:

The Professional Husband wants to hear from you. Oh, and he needs your money so he can live in a style he’s become accustomed to. You knuckle-dragging bitter clingers.

19. avatar AaronW says:

Go back to your Island, Locke.

20. avatar Defens says:

I got one of their e-mail survey requests. I pointed out that buying a gun for political purposes does not make them a member of the “gun culture” nor does it authorize them to represent themselves as among the millions of honest Americans who employ their civil right of gun ownership for self defense, recreation, or simply as an expression of that right. Told them they didn’t represent me and to leave us alone.

I’m sure my response got a quick press of the delete key.

21. avatar DisThunder says:

Man, this one really pisses me off. There is just something about Mark and his poor man’s Dr. Phil look that just sets me on aggro, even before I see what asinine douchebaggery he’s up to.
    And yet, I still feel immense sympathy for Giffords. Here she is, a victim twice over- once by a crazy bastard and her own inept security, and here again by her asshole husband, who uses her to push an agenda and fuel his celebrity.

I honestly don’t know what’s worse.

Look up Gifford’s biography and you’ll know that she’s always been a social parasite. And getting shot in the head didn’t make her better or smarter.

22. avatar John Boch says:

Did I just say that? Bad me.

John

23. avatar Jim says:

Do you suppose he’s trying to parlay this into a political career himself?

1. avatar Ropingdown says:

Is there any chance he’s not?

24. avatar Out_Fang_Thief says:

Where I come from, we would call Mr. Gifford’s a Judas goat.
    For those who might not know what that is, it’s the goat used to lead a
    herd of frightened sheep up the slaughter house ramp to their deaths.
    I guess that would make him Mr. Iscariot?

25. avatar Anonymous says:

Morons.

On their About page:

On January 8, 2011, a mentally ill young man shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords in the head, killed six of her constituents, and wounded 12 others. Since that tragedy in Tucson, America has seen too many more mass shootings – but no response from Congress. This inaction on gun violence was thrown into even starker contrast after the massacre of 20 children and six of their teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

They push expanded background checks… which would have done nothing in the case of Newtown. I don’t see anything “commonsense” about their goals.

They are anti-gun rights, anti-gun owner hiding behind pro gun owner – pro gun rights mask.

26. avatar JayF says:

The Wall Street Journal examines Gabby Giffords’ op-ed in the NY Times:

“Giffords’s 900-word jeremiad should be included in every textbook of logic and political rhetoric, so rife is it with examples of fallacious reasoning and demagogic appeals.”

1. avatar Ray says:

Appears to be confirmation of dain bramage.
      Ordinary citizens might expect a SWAT raid to confiscate weapons.

27. avatar BHirsh says:

I signed up.

Think I’ll get an email….?

I wrote:

Yeah. With all due deference to Gabby’s grave injury and respect for Mark’s national service, screw both of you.

My rights are not subject to your opinion of their scope.

“The very enumeration of the right takes out of the hands of government—even the Third Branch of Government—the power to decide on a case-by-case basis whether the right is really worth insisting upon. A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all. Constitutional rights are enshrined with the scope they were understood to have when the people adopted them, whether or not future legislatures or (yes) even future judges think that scope too broad.” – Justice Scalia writing for the majority, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER (No. 07-290) 478 F. 3d 370, affirmed.

28. avatar JayF says:

If you oppose most “gun control” legislation, you are “pro-gun.”
    If you support most “gun control” legislation, you are “anti-gun.”

Giffords and Kelly claim to be “moderates.” True “moderates” would support some”gun control” legislation and oppose some other “gun control” legislation.

So just which “gun control” legislation (state or federal, that has been voted on) have Giffords and Kelly opposed?

29. avatar Chip says:

Well, they did post the link and I think we should all give them a bit of encouragement (wink-wink-nudge-nudge)… I filled out the form thusly:

“I will happily do everything I can to show support for the Bill of Rights and will continue to do everything in my power to make sure groups like yours are made irrelevant and useless. I am a gun owner and I support the Bill of Rights. I will not let people like you make decisions for me and limit my Rights in any way.”

30. avatar Twistedwacko says:

One way to cost them money is to send heavy flat letter sized pieces of foil or lead back to them in their postage free envelopes.

31. avatar stormchaser says:

And these two both swore an oath.

Jesus

32. avatar Leo338 says:

When I first looked at that picture I swear I thought it was Sloth from the Goonies.

1. avatar Bluehaman79 says:

Someone get that man a Baby Ruth!

2. avatar Anonymous says:

Sloth love Chunk!

33. avatar If You Don't Know, Look It Up! says:

Funny, any number of organizations used to send out a single piece of mail or one or two pieces of mail per annum in the days before the electronic net without being called spammers or any equivilent term–that lable actually refers to something else. Funny, how people who style themselves as intelligent, reasonable, etc, human beings will take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to post ugly comments about someone they do not agree with, including ugly comments that have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic and are intended to be hurtful to a disabled person. Funny, how people who want the privilege of getting absolutely what they want regardless of any fact, any one else’s rights, or any other point logically or otherwise opposed to their wishes consistently misquote any potentially applicable portions of the laws of the land to “support” their “side”.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

So I have to ask, in the vein of “If a tree falls in the woods…”

If you “post ugly comments that have nothing whatsoever to do with the topic and are intended to be hurtful to a disabled person” but they don’t have the remaining mental capacity to understand them, are they still hurtful?

Or, “If You Don’t Know, Look It Up” falls in a forest, does anyone give a sh1t?

2. avatar jwm says:

Up’ how do you respond to some one who is attempting to destroy my and my childrens and my grandchildrens civil rights? With hugs and kisses. She and her husband have declared themselves the enemy of my way of life. I am not polite or caring with my enemies.

Would Mark kelly hesitate to send armed men to my home to enforce the violations of my civil rights that he’s pushing?

34. avatar APBTFan says:

Geez. I feel left out of Kelly’s dream world. I live in AZ and haven’t had the pleasure of his wonderful email.

Anyone notice that anymore it’s always Kelly in front of the mike with Gabby behind him? Somebody remind me, who out of that couple actually got shot?

35. avatar Jon says:

I wonder who he’s bangin’ I bet it’s not her.

36. avatar Neil D says:

It is a terrible tragedy what happened to Gabby. But, what I don’t understand is why they are not trying to find a way to keep guns out of the hands of the crazies, like the guy that shot her. Instead, they are going after the popular political agenda that most Dems favor. Guess it is all about politics rather that actually preventing another shooting.