Gun Tweet of the Day: Wishful Thinking Edition

Our pals at twitchy.com have put together a happy little collection of tweets by non-gun fans expressing their hopes for those of us here at the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston. Their fervent wishes include things like violent death, maiming, a bomb blast and the whole kit and kaboodle being swallowed up by a giant sinkhole. These coming from people who no doubt consider themselves lovers of peace, harmony and mutual respect. But reading the violent inner thoughts of those with internet access and no edit button goes a long way toward explaining their general antipathy toward guns in the first place . . .

No matter what fun house view they see in the mirror each morning, or how they portray themselves to their friends and the outside world, these are basically violent people who ultimately don’t trust themselves with the responsibility required to own and use a gun. Something that millions of their fellow citizens manage to negotiate every single day of their lives.

If they fundamentally can’t be trusted with a firearm, and therefore don’t want to own one, no one will force one into their sweaty little hands. It would just be refreshing if they didn’t react to those who can exercise the necessary judgement and self control with quite so much anger and malevolence.

34 Responses to Gun Tweet of the Day: Wishful Thinking Edition

1. avatarMatt in FL says:

I think he learned a different definition of “always” than I did.

I’ll bet he’s one of those douchebags that constantly uses “literally” wrong too.

• avatarJM says:

“You keep using that word… I do not think it means what you think it means.”

• avatarJMS says:

It’s possible he meant “never has” instead of “always does”… and by “he meant” I mean that’s what he would have said if he was being honest.

• avatarTom in Oregon says:

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said.
        But, I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant…

• avatarSoccerchainsaw says:

“Thunk”
          That was the sound of me falling out of my chair, rolling on the floor, laughing…
          Gawd, I love this website.

2. avatarIn Memphis says:

Name says it all, “Kevin NOBODY,” as in nobody gives a fv@k!

3. avatarRalph says:

I’d be more concerned about a shooting at the NRA convention if it was held in a school.

4. avatarMax says:

Has there EVER been a shooting at any NRA convention? I looked out of curiosity and couldn’t find anything.

• avatarFrankM says:

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn’t find any either.

• avatarJMS says:

There has NEVER been an intentional shooting at an NRA convention, SHOT show, gun show, or any firearms-related event. This year (between Newtown and February) there were a couple of accidental shootings at gun shows. Unfortunately. Freaking horrible, horrible timing. It was attributed to inexperienced people trying to sell guns that had been in a closet somewhere for decades, which they wanted to sell due to high prices during the panic and such. People who did not know how to check if they were loaded and did not know any of the basic safety rules (don’t point it at anyone, don’t put your finger on the trigger, etc). Before these incidents I had never heard of that happening before either. However, it’s possible it just didn’t receive national media attention like it did, for obvious reasons, during the post-Newtown stuff.

5. avatarAccur81 says:

The violent intolerance, of those who claim to be tolerant and peaceful, continues to disgust me.

• avatarHuman Being says:

If you live in New England for a few years it and the omni-directional bigotry turn into a kind of background noise.

• avatarRandy says:

Agreed!

• avatarJMS says:

You just don’t understand. The Left is more tolerant than anyone on earth.* You can do and say anything you want.*

*the fine text mentions that this only applies to actions and views approved of by the Left. 100% tolerance of accepted opinions. If you have other opinions, you are to be ostracized and then it’s appropriate to call for your murder and then celebrate your death.

6. avatarRandy Drescher says:

It’s the giant sinkhole that really hurts, I’ll just have to tough out the rest of my day, Randy

7. avatarBob Wall says:

Kevin – Come on down, and you’d probably make some deranged Democrat’s dream come true…

• avatarAPBTFan says:

Off topic but I have an aunt and uncle that live in Olathe. Beautiful country, fantastic people and the best corn on the planet.

• avatarBob Wall says:

Olathe Sweet Corn is edible gold. All I can suggest is never eat your fill and then some, the day before you ride from Grand Junction to Sturgis. The joke was sure on me…

8. avatarscot pruitt says:

whats up with the loving people that dont believe in guns for self protection.
    if these dont get way about gun control and get the shit in their heads that
    call brains they might be the next bombers to look out for. these people sound
    like violent people to me, not people of peace.

9. avatarTom in Oregon says:

I quit having pity for people like that.
    They really are deranged. They need to be sterilized.

10. avatarAecDuck says:

If this guy was a cable news talking head this tweet might be news, but this moron has 7 followers. 7… That’s almost impossible.

• avatarC says:

You get more than 7 robot spammers following you within a half hour of creating an account.

11. avatarDon says:

I don’t think there has ever been anyone shot at a NRA convention…

12. avatarDaveL says:

This needs to be publicized, and loudly. Recent mass shootings show that the stereotype of the gun owner who snaps and goes on a rampage is wrong. What’s been happening is non gun-owners snap, then acquire firearms as part of their plan to go on a rampage.

13. avatarChris says:

“…things like violent death, maiming, a bomb blast and the whole kit and kaboodle being swallowed up by a giant sinkhole.”

How absolutely tolerant of them. Aren’t those the same people who want guns to go bye-bye because they believe with it, evil acts will magically disappear, also?

If you were at a Planned Parenthood convention, Obama might be saying “God Bless You”.

Pssht. Bunch-O-Tools.

14. avatarSilver says:

The irony is I own guns to protect myself from people like them. Leftist are and always have been the most violent, despicable sub-humans on the planet.

It’s mind-boggling how they claim violence is all the fault of guns…then go on to portray how humans (at least their ilk) will always be violent scumbags,

I suppose I can’t really get too indignant with them, though. After all, I wish all leftists like them a violent, painful death.

• avatarSilver says:

Also, things like this are important reminders that many of our “countrymen” that we pass, drive by, or even work with everyday are our true enemies. They’re not our countrymen, they’re violent and eager slaves of their government overlords who, if given the word, will gladly rob you of your rights and/or kill you.

15. avatarPhilthegardner says:

Well said, Dan Z. I sincerely hope that many fence straddlers who find their way over here read intelligent. insightful articles like this to convince them to join and do… SOMETHING!

16. avatarJeh says:

When did people kill each other at an NRA meeting, oh wait, NEVER.

17. avatarAPBTFan says:

I’d love to know if he truly understands what his words say about him. I’d be very open to meeting him face to face over whatever sort of beverage and ask him that not because I want any sort of confrontation, I’m just fascinated by the dichotomy of messages. He reminds me of Dan Savage – it’s all love and compassion until you disagree with him.

18. avatarJonathan says:

Ahhh………Liberalism: the religion of peace.