If you’ve followed the long and winding road from the first announcement of the unique little DoubleTap pocket pistol through their shit-canning their original manufacturer, Heizer Defense, and picking up production through Azimuth Technologies, you’d be forgiven for entertaining doubts that we’d ever see an actual gun in the wild. We know we did. But ye and we of little faith got our comeuppance with today’s announcement that the double barreled nines and .45s are now shipping. We hope to get our grubby mitts on one soon for a full and thorough review . . .
ST. LOUIS, MO (May 2013) – DoubleTap™ Defense is officially shipping the DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol (design and utility patents pending) to their distributors. Azimuth Technologies, the manufacturers of the DoubleTap™ pistol, are ramping up production to fill all outstanding orders as quickly as possible. DoubleTap™ Defense Stocking Dealers (with qualified orders) are receiving their free promotional package for their stores.
“The DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket Pistol has undergone significant improvements since we moved the project to our new manufacturer; making the DoubleTap™ a more reliable, simpler and less-parts-to-go-wrong type of concealed carry,” Raymond B. Kohout, DoubleTap™ inventor stated. “We have production capacity to quickly fill all orders and many anxious customers to appease, but we are certain, beyond a doubt, that this newest version is of higher quality and extremely reliable.”
Significant improvements to the DoubleTap™ include:
- Interchangeable barrels (9mm and .45ACP) using a M16 style push pin that is now ambidextrous
- Enhanced pistol grip with new “FRAG” pattern inspired by the fragmentation grenade
- Improved, easier to use thumb-latch
- Patent pending trigger system simplified to only four major components and featuring dual hammers for extra reliability
- Double-action, sequentially fired mechanical trigger system has double-strike capability
- Ported barrels available for both the 9mm and .45 ACP to reduce recoil and muzzle flip
The DoubleTap™ Aluminum non-ported model has an MSRP of $499.00. The Aluminum ported model’s MSRP is $569.00. The MSRP for the DoubleTap™ Titanium non-ported model is $729.00 and the ported model is $799.00. Caliber conversion kits in the non-ported version have been lowered to $199.00 and the ported kits lowered to $269.00. DoubleTap™ Defense also sells a variety of accessories to complement the DoubleTap™ Tactical Pocket pistol.