Mike Vanderboegh to CT Gun Owners: Break the Law

Mike Vanderboegh is the relentless advocate for gun rights who broke the story of the ATF’s Fast and Furious anti-gun running gun running operation. The Sipsey Street Irregulars blogger is also a self-admitted insurrectionist. True to form, at 6:10 into the above video Mr. Vanderboegh adds “gun smuggler” to his resume. “The facsimile of a semi-automatic pistol that some of you hold in your hands was smuggled into your state from the South. Manufactured in Georgia, trans-shipped to Alabama, it came across your state line in the trunk of a car.” The kicker? They were “sponge guns.” But Vanderboegh wasn’t making the Brady Campaign’s point about criminals tooling-up thanks to leaky state borders. Not at all . . .

Relying heavily on Revolutionary War history, Vanderboegh told, indeed exhorted the crowd to smuggle illegal firearms and ammunition into the Constitution State.

So defy them. Resist their laws. Evade them. Smuggle in what they command you not to have. Only by our ACTS will they be impressed. Then, if they mean to have a civil war, they will at least have been informed of the unintended consequences of their tyrannical actions.

Again I say – Defy. Resist. Evade. Smuggle. If you wish to stay free and to pass down that freedom to your children’s children you can do no less than to become the lawbreakers that they have unconstitutionally made of you. Accept that fact. Embrace it. And resolve to be the very best, most successful lawbreakers you can be.

One last thing before I go. On Thursday I smuggled a half-dozen 30 round AR-15 standard capacity magazines into Connecticut in deliberate disobedience of the new state diktat.

So to Martin Looney, Mike Williams, Larry Cafarro and John McKinney I’d like to say this: I just committed a “D” Class felony, you tyrannical morons—prove it—which you can’t—and catch me if you can.

Do you get the feeling Vanderboegh wants to be caught? Well if you didn’t before you will now . . .

And I’ll tell you something else. When the new ammo restrictions go into effect the first week of July, I’ll be back — with two full crates of 7.62×39 ball ammunition and I will transfer said ammunition into the hands of a Connecticut citizen without the state’s permission or paperwork.

And after I break their unconstitutional laws again, I’ll be sitting in Frank Pepe’s Pizza down in New Haven waiting for Looney and Company to come arrest me . . .

OK, well, sure, civil disobedience is always an option. But much as it pains me to say it, I think there could be better “test cases” than a man who could be so easily painted as an “extremist.”

Then again, it is what it is. Someone’s going down for these unconstitutional laws. Might as well be someone who knows his history with balls the size of New Jersey.

comments

1. avatar Davis Thompson says:

I have to say, his taste in pizza is excellent.

1. avatar WR2A says:

It’s a drive for me, but Pepe’s is not a bad little pizza joint. I concur.

Pepe’s and Sally’s Apizza are both excellent.

2. avatar great unknown says:

Where is he going to get two cases of 7.62?

1. avatar mlopilato says:

Let’s just say he has… Comrades in high places.

3. avatar John F says:

How come Eric Holder is NOT IN JAIL ?

1. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Let’s just say he has… Comrades in high places.

2. avatar homobangbangamus says:

Because he’s a Commie bastard, doing everything he can to support the cause and attack it’s enemies.

4. avatar J says:

This man is a hero. I’ve never felt the need to follow rules that others so frequently, and easily, break. I have a right to defend myself, so I disregard anything that says I can’t. I go to school, I work, I live my life the way I want; if a law says I’m wrong, I stand in direct defiance of it. As the old saying goes, I’d rather be judged by twelve…

5. avatar devsadvocate says:

Finally, a man with some BALLS to speak his mind and put his money where his mouth is. Our Founding Fathers would be proud of him, they didn’t sit around wondering if they would come off as “extremists”…

Gun rights folks should take note. The only way to shame the inadequacy of the system is to defy it.

1. avatar Joke & Dagger says:

I have loved this guy since I found his blog a couple of years ago.

Sipsey Street Irregulars

The dude does not play. We need people like him and his good buddy, David Codrea.

6. avatar WR2A says:

A freaking hero, indeed.

Laws only matter if people decide and choose to follow them.

1. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Laws only matter if jury’s will convict, Randy

7. avatar Nine says:

The phrase: Big Brass Balls, comes to mind.

8. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

Gotta give it to the man, he is bold. Challenging the state openly and on the record to bring the law down on him, while advising them that he is about to break the law. The speech was inspiring to say the least, as I found myself actually applauding in front of a laptop. There were two statements he made which resonate with me personally-“Silence in the face of tyranny implies consent” and another which he attributed to Kurt Hoffman-“It is better to be despised by the despicable, than admired by the admirable.” Profound words in my opinion. It shall be interesting to see the outcome of his challenge, in which I wish him well.

1. avatar Tom says:

^^ This!
      Mr. Vanderboegh is a true patriot transcending time…
      He is my hero.

9. avatar Don says:

Panache.

🙂

10. avatar Fiun Dagner says:

A-where is finding 2 cases of ammo?
    B-Can we pre donate to a legal defense fund?

1. avatar Pascal says:

> A-where is finding 2 cases of ammo?
      7.62×39 is Russian Surplus ammo, it can still be found, look around. Even in ammo depleted CT there are shops with Russian ammo

> B-Can we pre donate to a legal defense fund?

Click the donate button. Leave a note that this is for the CT Defense Fund

11. avatar Gregolas says:

I think he’s heroic because he’s announcing in the face of the tyrants that he will fight the case to the U.S. Supreme Court. (At least I assume that’s his plan) If he has the money and time to do so, then under Heller and MacDonald I would expect he would win a decision that would force CT& NY to at least return to their laws staus quo ante Newtown. He sounds like a modern day Sam Adams or Patrick Henry.
    May be we should sell t-shirts: “Vanderbeogh to CT: ‘Make Me!'”.

12. avatar Davis Thompson says:

I’m not sure the gun control advocates realize what they’re started here.

1. avatar Pascal says:

It will not mean a thing until the ballot boxes are stuffed with “vote the anti-gun bum out” votes. Yes, they have awakened a movement, but getting people to act is a whole other thing.

1. avatar ebola131 says:

They may or may not know what they started…but we know how it ends.
        III/0317

13. avatar BStacks says:

Suzanna Hupp has always advocated carrying into “gun free” zones, but this is taking it to another level.

14. It is kind of a shame that we NEED ‘test cases’ in order to protect the Bill of Rights. It shouldn’t be necessary.

1. avatar WR2A says:

LS,

I agree. Ever since Sandy Hook and the emotionally-charged screeching that followed, I often wondered, “Wait a minute…why in the hell am I, or any of us, having to defend The Second Amendment? Has it come to this?”

Apparently it has.

1. avatar k4R-15 says:

IMHO rushing these new laws into court challenges sooner than later is good for the 2A– rulings will help strengthen the Heller precedent.

Overturning the recent state laws will also make the rabid gun grabbers extra-foamy at the mouth– not that anyone likes to see THAT happen….

15. avatar BLAMMO says:

… with balls the size of New Jersey.

That’s combined, right?

16. avatar Henry Bowman says:

Vanderboegh better be careful or he’ll find himself alone in his fight. Now, I’m sure many gun-owners would donate a few dollars to his legal defense fund, but the vast majority are “law-abiding” to a fault.

Fight for Liberty!? IN THE COURTS
    Resist Tyranny!? WRITE CONGRESS
    Break the Law!? NEVER – IT’S SACRED

1. avatar Michael B. says:

The law is the law and you should slavishly obey it because it’s the law and the law is the law.

That is literally what some of their arguments read like.

Not once do the law-obsessed stop to wonder if they should follow the law when their lawmakers have already tossed out the supreme law of the land, the Constitution, so they can do whatever they please.

2. avatar Dody says:

Following that argument we should still be a British colony. King George’s word was the law of the day, and the law was the law.

3. avatar Jason21M says:

I hope these people realize that there must eventually be a line in the sand. Yes, I prefer the soap box, the ballot box, and the jury box, too. But we have the cartridge box for a reason. We’re holding the winning hand, we don’t need to bluff our way through with force that isn’t backed up. If it gets down to the end and we put all the cards on the table, we will win. If we all have to wear those Malcolm X shirts that someone mentioned in another thread, so be it. By any means necessary.

4. avatar Bruce B. says:

“Break the Law!? NEVER – IT’S SACRED”

The DUMBEST, MOST PATHETIC thing I’ve read all week! By a mile.

What a champion boot licker.

1. avatar Henry Bowman says:

You must not know me well. Those were examples of what “law-abiding” gun owners say. Me… well, I’m a Freedom Outlaw!

1. avatar Bruce B. says:

No, I don’t. Sorry. Just saw red at those hateful words.

5. avatar ebola131 says:

You’ve apparently lost your mind.
      When your government tramples it’s founding rules, there is no longer any reason to obey it.
      The time to fight back is near.
      I will not be complicit in the destruction of the Founder’s Republic.
      I took the Oath in 1969 and live by it.
      III/0317

1. avatar Henry Bowman says:

Please see my reply to Bruce B. above.

Don’t worry… We Are Everywhere.

17. avatar JFP says:

“I think there could be better “test cases” than a man who could be so easily painted as an “extremist.” ”

Bah, its not hard for the government and their media lackeys to paint anyone as an extremist these days. Take a few things out of context and spin spin away in the media endlessly on a 24 hour cycle and anyone is a nut-job. This past week has shown us all how easy it is. I had a Canadian friend telling me 4 hours after the bombing she thought it was “the militias” because the muslims usually went after big targets.

18. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Yes, A rousing stirring speach. I think we are on the right path though. The delays & infractions this patriot complain of are not hurting us though(in the long run), they serve to wake others up. The longer kid kenya shoots off his mouth, the more good people get stomped on by jack boot thugs, the more middle of the roaders we win over, Randy

19. avatar traye says:

Damn those blacks and their extremist desire to sit at the Woolworths lunch counter.

One guy breaking an unjust law has no impact on the system. If he’s caught, he will disappear into the gulag, and given his physical limitations he will die there.

However, a thousand people publicly breaking an unjust law together is a movement.

1. avatar Jason21M says:

Now there’s an idea I can get behind.

2. avatar Bob says:

“Just walk in and say “You can get anything you want at Alice’s Restaurant,” and walk out.”

“and if enough people do it, they might think it’s a movement. The Alice’s Restaurant Movement!”
      — a few lines from a live version of a song by Arlo Guthrie

Does anyone else remember that?

21. avatar Silver says:

Now that man is a true American, possessing the courage and will so many lack today.

He’s not “writing his reps” then accepting his chains when his soft efforts fail. He’s fighting tyranny like an American should, with action.

22. avatar Tony Deal says:

REVEREND!

23. avatar CTer says:

I was at this rally and saw his speech – he was great!!

Thanks RF for putting this on the blog!

24. avatar Rob says:

Awesome vid. One thing though:

He states:

“I JUST COMMITTED A “D” CLASS FELONY, YOU TYRANNICAL MORONS — PROVE IT — WHICH YOU CAN’T — AND CATCH ME IF YOU CAN.”

Before he said that he said:

“On Thursday I smuggled a half-dozen 30 round AR-15 standard capacity magazines into Connecticut in deliberate disobedience of the new state diktat.”

They don’t need to prove he did it, he just admitted to it.

Now if he would do something like that in CA, Colorado, or NY, then we’d be in business!

Corroboration might be required even after a confession.

1. avatar Bob says:

For several reasons, the words in a public speech do not meet the standards for a legal confession. Corroboration is definitely needed in this case.

25. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Were Jack Kevorkian alive today, how would he fare?

Good luck, sir.

26. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

The hypocritical blowhard takes a government disability check. And you guys just loooooove him.

The problem is there are too many dupes out there who can be so easily taken in by his nonsense. He tells you to break windows, you do. He tells you to break gun laws, you do. Is something being done to support those patriotic souls in New York who are already being arrested. No. Because Mike V. is all talk.

Didn’t Robert write some posts in the past critical of ole Mike? And weren’t all of you commenters in agreement with them? Or, am I wrong?

1. avatar jwm says:

You’re wrong mikey. So very wrong. Oh wait, we were talking about RF’s posts about this other dude. No but seriously, you’re the wrongest dude I know of mikeyb.

Mike V., Mike B, you say Poe-tae toe, I say Pah-tah-tow. Same o, same o.

2. avatar RuffRidr says:

Speaking oh hypocritical blowhards, are you ready to come clean about the guns you owned both legally and illegally yet Mike?

1. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

Ruffy, the topic of discussion was Mike V. As usual, you turned it around and made it about me.

As I’ve told you before, what I did or what I failed to do over 35 years ago has little relevance to these discussions. But, you think it’s some kind of victory to ask, knowing I won’t answer. Carry on.

27. In this day/age, it’s going to be more necessary for us patriots to get more hardcore about things to make points across, even if others in our same groups would detest it and call those actions stupid. There are some of us who are willing to make a statement, because the highest calling for us is dissent. Considering this govt has ZERO legal standing anyways, it is outrageously tyrannical in every facet of thinking almost, as are the local/state govts too, I would say that whenever things do break down and we start to fight, at least we’ll know there are those out here who are willing to “break laws” that are UN-Constitutional anyway.