Gun Sales Set to Surge After Boston Bomber Lockdown

Or not (courtesy gunshowgallery.com)

Fox News’ anchor Chris Wallace called it: “I wonder how many of those people in Watertown with their doors locked would like a gun right now.” Well exactly. While Dan’s predicted a gun control blowback—as we discover how two immigrant terrorists got ahold of gunpowder and firearms (possibly including an “assault rifle”)—what’s the bet that this incident will increase gun sales in Massachusetts and further afield? I know: just what you need. MORE demand for ammunition. Think more strategically. The more Americans who tool-up, the safer our gun rights. In fact, the civilian disarmament industry may have sealed their fate with the push for federal gun control. And now this.

comments

1. avatar mountocean says:

Kinda hard to breathe without at least one hole in my head.

1. avatar JMS says:

LOL. Yeah, there are 7 holes in my head and I appreciate every one of them.

Do I “need” any of them? Well… only to remain alive so I guess it’s up for debate.

2. avatar Mark N. says:

I can think strategically; but I want to go shooting too. And that is getting really hard to do.

3. avatar Randy Drescher says:

I don’t know, a person could just put on the tee vee & chant sarah brady is right,sarah brady is right, or.. go looking for that extra sharp scissors, yeah, that should do it, Randy

4. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

The older brother had a domestic violence arrest: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/19/surviving-boston-marathon-bombing-suspect-hails-from-overseas-been-in-us-for/?intcmp=trending

doubtful he bought from an LGS. . . . . esp in MA

5. avatar utdmatt says:

I love how all the press have dropped all of the “alleged” bs this time around.

No alleged bombers or alleged shooters or alleged terrorists.

Nice to know some of them can drop the PC crap if something is big enough to distract them.

1. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

1. avatar utdmatt says:

Not a thing. It’s just that the whole “alleged” thing where you have to drop the word every sentence bugs the ever living heck out of me and I’m pleased to see reporters more worried about talking about the story and getting information out then proper PC news speak.

1. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

I agree it is indeed annoying but I still don’t condone it. They are the alleged bombers until proven otherwise.

2. avatar mountocean says:

The government has to consider them innocent. It doesn’t mean they ARE innocent.

3. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

And it may SEEM like they are guilty but that doesn’t mean we get to condemn them UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

4. avatar John Doesky says:

I can see Chris writing articles in the early 1940’s……”Alleged madman” Adolf Hitler….invaded Poland….France ……

Or the 50’s…….”Alleged mass murderer” Stalin exterminated another ……

Or “Alleged racist” KKK Grand Wizard ordered the lynching of …..

Stupid PC crap from J-schools Journolist crowd

5. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

John Doesky is right, I guess the only part of the constitution we should follow is the second amendment, forget about due process. Who cares about innocent till proven guilty, just because the media and the police say they think someone is guilty is OK with me. No need for any trial or proof, I am sure we can trust everything they say to be the truth and just go along with it. I mean no one has ever been accused of something they didn’t do. Giving them the benefit of the doubt and I dunno constitutional rights is over rated. While we are at it why don’t we get a rope and lynch them because we know for sure they are guilty.

2. avatar int19h says:

Innocent until proven guilty is a legal maxim. But news studio isn’t a courtroom.

1. avatar CarlosT says:

But they should strive for accuracy, right? They should continue to use “alleged” until actual guilt has been established.

2. avatar int19h says:

When you have suspects who are firing at police officers and throwing bombs, and whose background is radical fundamentalist Islamism, I think it’s clear cut enough that we can drop the “alleged” bit. They (or rather the guy who’s alive) will have their chance in court to prove their innocence.

I mean, if I find a guy running away from me and my wallet missing, I’ll cry “thief”, not “alleged thief”. Cuz common sense.

3. avatar jwm says:

int19th. It’s not up to you to prove your innocence in court. It’s up to the state to prove your guilt. I know the system doesn’t always work right, but that’s the way it’s supposed to work.

4. avatar int19h says:

You seem to misunderstand my point. You’re 100% correct, and I never claimed the opposite, but we are not talking about a court here. We’re talking about news, and about people generally talking to each other. This is not a courtroom, and neither you nor me nor the journalists are bound by “innocent until proven guilty” (because we lack the power to actually punish anyone, we can only talk).

6. avatar jwm says:

I welcome all new shooters to the fold. I just wish that ammo would start to appear again in the stores.

1. avatar Jeff says:

Yes, and amen to that. I now have four different types of handgun powder just to have something in reserve…

But I guess .44-40, .45 Colt, .38 S&W and .38 spl deserve different powders anyway.

1. avatar Human Being says:

All of those were originally specced for black powder.

1. avatar jwm says:

If you’re truly prepping for the apocalypse those 4 calibers are easy to reload and as human being says they work just fine with smokeless or black powder. Try shooting black powder 9 mm in your semi auto and see what happens.

Course, I’m a real revolver fan so I admit to some prejudice.

7. avatar Nor'Easter says:

In 1775 the citizens of the Boston area were out defending their homes and liberties while today they are cowering in their homes, defenseless – a fine “Patriots Day” indeed.

1. avatar Taurus609 says:

Thanks for noticing that….what a shame!

8. avatar Crooked Records says:

Not just any gun. How many would like an AR with a “high capacity” magazine. I guess with everyone in Boston at home today a robo call reminding them that Biden says they only need a double barreled shotgun and asking to donate to the NRA would be inappropriate….

1. avatar Dirk Diggler says:

NRA had robo-calls hitting Newtown in January b/c of DiFi’s assault weapons ban legislation . . . . why not?

9. avatar Jim R says:

This should push the ammo shortage well into next year…

10. avatar Jon L says:

ammo manufactures need to understand that demand levels are not going to go back down to what they used to be, there are a lot of new shooters now and they need to start investing on increasing their manufacturing capabilities. Build new factories!!!!!

11. avatar PatA says:

It’s hard for me to try and think of an unarmed person in a situation like this. I don’t live in a anti gun state, and I carry a weapon every day with my ccw. I would hope people would realize the importance of a gun in a time like this, but you know there are people sitting in their homes all shut in, letting this 1 terrorist dictate how they live their life today still thinking it’s ok because the government is out there with guns.

12. avatar Crooked Records says:

Lucky for them that internet loophole is still wide open. I’m sure at least one soon to be ex liberal is on amazon right now attempting to find a fully automatic assault rifle and have it overnighted…..

1. avatar mountocean says:

Oh, be nice. I wish the world worked exactly as I thought it did, too.

2. avatar TX Gun Gal says:

Ah, Amazon does not sell guns, but gunbroker does and ammo too. Ammo expensive on gun broker but days of big box retail of cheap/plenty is over for many years.

13. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

What if I have a disease and I need trephination? I mean does anyone really NEED a hole in their head?

14. avatar Rifleman762 says:

It wasn’t until the very recent Fletcher v. Haas decision that lawful permanent resident aliens could legally become gunowners in MA. It’s almost certain that these guys didn’t take licensing courses, apply to their local licensing authorities, and receive permits (LTC) that allowed them to purchase from MA gun shops.

15. avatar Roscoe says:

“…the civilian disarmament industry may have sealed their fate with the push for federal gun control.”

Hah, don’t bet on it.

They’ll keep chipping away wherever they can just as they have been doing in CA for years. It is becoming even more draconian here with the proposed restrictions which are looming in the currently super majority Democratic state legislature. You can expect that as time passes, similar assaults on 2A protections will be coming to a city / state near you as the gun grabbers keep up the rhetoric which is then parroted by the MSM. And every sociopathic tragedy will provide the grabbers another opportunity to waive the bloody shirt and dance in the victims’ blood for good measure.

The grabbers may even have the good fortune to stumble into more victims who are already anti gun just as happened with Sandy Hook. That’s a difficult kind of spokesperson to impeach especially with the MSM press falling all of over themselves with sympathy.

Not one step back!

16. avatar Aharon says:

“On April 19, 1775 the citizens of Massachusetts engaged the British Army, starting a war with the Greatest Military of its time. On April 19, 2013 the citizens lock themselves in their home because of one man and a pressure cooker.”

Internet comment made by beavertonbuck.

1. avatar John Doesky says:

“On April 19, 1775 the citizens of Massachusetts engaged the British Army, starting a war with the Greatest Military of its time. On April 19, 2013 the citizens locked themselves in their home because their states’ gun control laws rendered them defenseless against one man and a pressure cooker.”

Tweaked it a bit.

17. avatar Epunthesis says:

Watching the police in action to SAVE more lives from being taken by these Muslim terrorists, I wonder if any firearm companies now regret their decision to stop providing law enforcement with the tools they need to fight evil. Second, how much you want to bet that with ammo being hard to find, “Baby Face” T**rnaev is now out of ammo and simply in hiding trying to figure out how not to become Kyrgyz cheese. Third, where, oh where did they get the guns. This will be interesting to trace.

1. avatar John Doesky says:

Pffft. What a doofus attempt to turn this around.

You asked for a vote and YOU LOST!. Face it like the metro-sexual you probably are.

Go cry a river with President StompyFoot and V.P. PoutyFace.

2. avatar Dallas Warrior says:

Police are outgunned? Are you blind, joking or just dumb as the chair you are sitting on?

Not to be “insensitive”, but seeing police armed with fully automatic weapons, body armor and multi-cam, walking in patrol abreast formation behind an MRAP with a .50 cal machine gun on top down the streets of any city in America IS excessive. It’s one guy. One. This seems more like a show of force to me, more for the benefit of those watching the television than anything.

You have to be VERY careful of conditioning that would have you believe that the militarization of our police departments is an acceptable practice. The Posse Comitatus Act was put there for the reason.

3. avatar int19h says:

>> “Baby Face” T**rnaev is now out of ammo and simply in hiding trying to figure out how not to become Kyrgyz cheese

He is Chechen, not Kyrgyz.

18. avatar uncommon_sense says:

When the Los Angeles riots broke out in the 1990s, some people realized it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it. I am confident some people in and around Boston will soon start the process to purchase their first firearm.

19. avatar Sixpack70 says:

I made this comment today that a lot of people will become gun owners soon in the Boston area. After their 12 week wait for a LTC and hope they do not get any restrictions.

20. avatar TRUTHY says:

Wow, quoting Faux News for real facts? Crazy

1. avatar ats_support says:

Would you prefer we get all of our news from the Communist News Network or MSLSD? TRUTHY?