Cartoonists Crusade for Gun Control

Family Circus? Come on. Doonesbury? D’uh. But Family Circus is as political as Shantal Monique (if slightly more authentic-looking). Well that’s the way it should be. I mean Family Circus should be apolitical. (I wouldn’t mind if Shantal walked back the whole Playboy pneumatic bleached blond thing.) Anyway, “Some of the nation’s best loved cartoonists are calling on Congress to not back down and take action to enact common sense gun laws that will prevent violence and save lives.” A little late there, guys. Saying that, it’s nice to discover cartoonists’ pro-gun control bias well ahead of Christmas book-buying season. Oh, and that’s Julianne Moore and Philip Seymour Hoffman providing the narration.

comments

1. As a professional comic book illustrator, just wait until my anti-civilian disarmament comic comes out around August. 😛

1. avatar IHATECT says:

Could I request “A Family Circus Home Invasion” as an early episode?

2. avatar Anonymous says:

Make a skit and get it narrated by Julianne Moore and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

That would be hilarious.

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

Could I request “A Family Circus Home Invasion” as an early episode?

*snort* I’m already picturing the jaunty dotted-line trail showing where the knife-wielding rapist has chased down little Billy’s mom.

That said, thanks for helping make this gun control ad, Jeff Keane. I didn’t think it was possible to hate you and your dad’s shitty, shitty comic strip any more than I already did, but damned if you didn’t manage to ooze under the extremely low bar I’d set for you. Good jerb!

2. avatar Scott says:

Oh gee, comments are disabled. I wonder why…

1. avatar William Burke says:

What did you expect, a fair airing of contradictory opinions? That, to a totaliliberal, is like holy water to a vampire.

2. avatar Lucubration says:

Pro-Civilian Disarmament YouTube videos never have comments enabled. Unsurprisingly.

1. avatar Rebecca says:

Or voting. They always disable voting, too.

3. avatar Accur81 says:

I guess they aren’t concerned about my pro-gun/ pro-freedom / pro-concealed carry / shooting the bad guy before he shoots multiple victims opinion. Because they have “common sense.”

4. avatar Jorge says:

I was going to write out a lengthy comment about how their campaigns always appeal to the viewers emotions rather than their reasonable, logical side, but comments were disabled. I guess I should thank them. These cowardly gun-grabbers are saving me from early onset carpal-tunnel syndrome.

3. avatar cannew says:

Waving the bloody shir…I mean sneaker again. Hollywood hypocrites can FOAD! Hopefully printed comics go the way of the dinosaur and the newspapers they are printed on. Disgusting

4. avatar Luke says:

The “fund” that payed for this: Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

Enough said.

1. avatar alanhmn says:

you mean Illegal mayors against guns…

5. avatar Silver says:

Ah Doonesbury…that two inches of the comics section I religiously skipped in favor of the actual fun stuff as a kid. Because that’s what every child wants to read in his jammies on Sunday morning, leftist fascist political commentary.

And Family Circus, which has all the depth of the gun-grabbers’ logical extension…that is to say, none. Another one I skipped as a kid. Seriously, how does one create a comic so vapid and corny that a 6 year old rolls his eyes at it.

Then again, a six year old kid raised in a liberty-minded household is already more mature than a leftist will ever be.

6. avatar mjc104 says:

Why don’t they draw some anti-jihadist cartoons… Oh wait! That’s been done before.

7. avatar c4v3man says:

From the cartoon of the gun “scale”, it looks like they want to weight the needs of children against… the secret service? Maybe Bloomberg’s security detail?

8. avatar Chris says:

If we can’t learn from the man who draw’s Jeffy’s line, then all hope is lost.

9. avatar Davis Thompson says:

How many more vague, feel-good videos from people who don’t have a clue what they’re talking about?

10. avatar watchmenlewis says:

it just goes to show you

you cant teach a commie bastard new tricks

11. avatar Wally says:

Ask Shantal if she will send you a thong to wear as around your neck at the next three gun. FN won’t mind and you would win or swoon.

1. avatar Chris says:

Ask Shantal if she’ll send ME a thong so I can use it to make soup.

12. avatar Mikeinid says:

Oddly enough, I haven’t read any of these for many years. Doonesbury is the worst, and was first to be put on ignore, sometime around 1980. I would recommend taking a look at Day by Day, and Hope n Change cartoons.

This makes me long for the time when my favorite cartoon showed L’il Abner drilling Daisy Mae Yokum on top of the hayrick.

1. avatar Avid Reader says:

And the Shmoos! Obama forgot to mention the Shmoos but I know he’s got them! They’ve got to be in the same place the free cell phones come from!

He’s holding out on us!

2. avatar 16V says:

That was from a Larry Flynt publication, no?

14. avatar Tom in Oregon says:

I was going to say something that probably only I would find profound, then I saw Ms. Monique.
    What were we talking about again?

15. avatar Hal J. says:

Because the artist for “The Fanily Circus” should be our go-to guy for firearms policy advice….

Good grief.

1. avatar Pulatso says:

That is perhaps the best response to these attempted celebrity shame fests I’ve heard!

16. avatar Pascal says:

When we all saw Lucy pull the football from Charlie Brown, we all know she would grow up to be a gun grabber too!

Elmer J. Fudd, as clueless about gun control legislation as he was about how to catch the rabbit!

So sad they need to bring cartoons into the fight too.

Honestly, with all the BS being funded by MAIG, I wonder how many do not really give a sh!t but happy to take Bloombergs money just the same.

17. avatar Bryce says:

Weird, the ratings buttons were disabled… huh.

18. avatar Hank says:

“Comments are disabled for this video.”
    “Ratings have been disabled for this video.”

The difference between public discourse and propaganda is the silencing of opposing views.

19. avatar Eric says:

Mo Willems…NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Very disappointed.

1. avatar Pulatso says:

Hey, he created Sheep in the Big City, he’s perfect for Bloomberg.

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

Hey, he created Sheep in the Big City, he’s perfect for Bloomberg.

Ho ho, nice! I’m gonna need a glass of milk to go with that Zinger.

2. avatar adm.fookbar says:

That one hit me where it hurt. I mean, I’m not surprised, but I’m not happy about it.

That said, I’ll keep buying Mo Willems books, and at this point I don’t buy them for my kids in as much as I buy them so I can read them to them.

Pigeon Wants a Gun featuring Duckling.

20. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

Sheesh, more fodder.

21. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Ha Ha Ha, remember, only you can prevent trajec book fires, Randy

22. avatar Matt says:

Ok Ok lets demand action. Lets shoot all the libs. There done.

23. avatar Rightontheleftcoast says:

Check out this cartoonist- Chris Muir of Day by Day:

24. avatar John Fritz says:

Hey cartoonist numbnuts, we did demand action. That’s why your shit anti-gun bills got shut down.

Now please, how about giving it a rest. The lies. The half-truths. The melodrama. The obfuscation.

Enough.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

“And I’ll tell you, if I had seen Darby Conley in with all these other losers I would’ve lost complete faith in humanity.”

You beat me to it! You have good taste Fritz, I believe you have also mentioned once your love for the DeSantis Speed Scabbard.

25. avatar C says:

Damn it, Farago! Quit with the links before i get carpal tunnel!

26. avatar Russ Bixby says:

B.C, on the other hand…

27. avatar Mark says:

Who Reads the paper anymore?

28. avatar In Memphis says:

Glad to not see Darby Conley on there, I love “Get Fuzzy.”

29. avatar Steve (CT) says:

There was some comedian who did a bit on the comics page that ended “…and there in the corner is Family Circus… just waiting to suck.”

Seems apropos.

30. avatar Mark says:

Hoplophobes ARE cartoon characters!

31. avatar Greg says:

Julianne Moore and Philip Seymour Hoffman have both been in movies using guns and doing bad things with those guns.
    PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH, STOP PROFITTING FROM PORTRAYING VIOLENCE OR STFU.

32. avatar Proverbs says:

Family Circus creator Bill Keane is rolling over in his grave. He loved freedom. Apparently those in charge of his estate do not. Good Lord know they love public money, though, as they are currently pleading for gobs of public money in Paradise Valley, AZ, for the public to pay for a bronze in Bill’s honor. They certainly don’t care about their dad enough to pay for it themselves.

33. avatar wvumounties8 says:

you notice that the comment section on you tube is disabled and it was put together by MAIG Coalition. They knew before hand all of the shit storm of 2nd Amendment supporters would post there.