Shepard Fairey Poster Knockoff of the Day: MAIG Edition

courtesy

It looks like this is starting to catch fire. And there doesn’t seem to be any limit to the creative streak running through members of the Armed Intelligentsia. This one’s contributed by David S. We’ll keep running them, one a day, as long as you keep sending them. As long as they’re, you know, good. So while they last, enjoy.

comments

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Someone needs to form “Mayors Against the Broadway Font.”

1. avatar William Burke says:

ABSOLUTELY! It makes me grind my teeth. Must. Look. Away.

The HORROR!

2. avatar WR2A says:

Tedious. So, so tedious.

I am quite sure I have reached the point where I now detest, on a personal level, anyone who is a Democrat, a liberal, a statist, a progressive, an enlightened and evolved college-educated and condescending jacka$$, and anyone from New York City.

Yep.

1. avatar Rokurota says:

Whatever you do, please don’t overgeneralize!

2. avatar Don says:

Yeah, Look at all of these anti-gun New Yorkers. I’ll bet only the red blocks went to college too?

1. avatar WR2A says:

Hmm.

Okay, how about this: Anyone from NYC who cannot tell me what The Constitution is, what NY gun laws really are, and how many fingers I’m holding up.

I am realizing I no longer have the luxury of believing the best about people at face-value. Those days are gone, unfortunately. The haters of liberalism have drawn their line in the sand. So be it.

3. avatar EagleScout87 says:

best one to date.

1. avatar gloomhound says:

4. avatar csmallo says:

This whole “law abiding” meme needs to end. Being “law abiding” has nothing to do with right or wrong, honesty or dishonestly, moral or immoral. Being “law abiding” means you are either dead or such a sheep that you blindly follow the edicts of a group of such suspect character that they became politicians.

I am honest.
    I do not cause harm to others.
    I do right to all I come in contact with.
    I do not steal, kill, or destroy.

I am not “law abiding”.

1. avatar Don says:

very good point.

2. avatar Ted says:

I prefer the term “honorable” vs “law-abiding”.

Honorable citizens respect the rights, property, and privacy of others. I am an honorable citizen.

I only ask for the same considerations in return from others.

3. avatar William Burke says:

Excellent.

5. avatar JSF01 says:

I really do not get why people are putting so much work into these posters, the original was pretty good all on it’s own. The original looks exactly like a Soviet propaganda poster, which implies that is a view that the Soviet Union would want to brain wash its citizens into believing. It pretty much screams “Comrade,
    the state must keep freedom in check or society would be destroyed like America!” Since being linked to the Soviet Union is a bad thing, It means people should be taking away the opposite of the message they are trying to convey. the only changes I would make is eliminate the “NRA” and maybe work in the flag of the Soviet Union.

1. avatar Milsurp Collector says:

“Since being linked to the Soviet Union is a bad thing”

Therein lies the problem. High school and even some college students of today and of previous generations won’t recognize Soviet or Maoist anything as evil or bad because they were never taught about left-wing atrocities to begin with. In my case, and this was at a private school, the Holocaust and the Nazis were covered so thoroughly I thought my brain would explode. I learned everything about communist atrocities before, during, and after the war by reading scholarly history books on my own time. Nothing, not a single blurb in a box on a page corner, was mentioned about why Stalin and Mao were truly evil people just like Hitler in my textbooks. You’d have to be blind to not see the leftist slant in how history is taught and why certain details are conveniently swept under the rug.

6. avatar Sixpack70 says:

About sums it up. To Bloomberg, illegal guns are any guns that are not in the hands of the police.

1. avatar WR2A says:

Hence, Bloomberg is desirous of creating a true Police State, all in the name of “public safety” don’t ya know.

His ancestors would be thrilled, I’m sure. (sarc)

7. avatar Bill says:

I want an AR that takes cheap AK mags…

1. avatar Ensitue says:

And an AK 74 Muzzel Device!

8. avatar Gyufygy says:

I wonder if we’ll be seeing any cease & desist letters soon.

9. avatar Hinshelworld says:

Thumb over bore

10. avatar akira says:

Someone either made a blasphemous “tacticool” AK, our they managed to jam an AK mag into an AR.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Beat me too it! At first I thought, RRAs LAR-47 but Im pretty sure it doesnt come with a duck call.

11. avatar In Memphis says:

Is that an AR with an AK mag and a duck call for a muzzle device?

12. avatar Lance says:

Awesome. Love it make T shirts for every one.