Quote of the Day: Yet Another Reason the Second Amendment is There Edition

“Seriously, according to (Hillary) Clinton, you are a subversive if you think your kid is yours. And let’s be clear: The collective ownership of the “village,” that Clinton, Harris-Perry, et al. have in mind, is ownership by the state, guidance by the state. Mussolini’s definition of fascism was the idea that everything is within the state, nothing outside the state. For Clinton & Co. everything is within the village; nothing is outside of it. Anyway, I don’t want to go all Red Dawn here (“Wolverines!” — The Couch), but I’m pretty sure we have a Second Amendment precisely to recognize the fact that my kids are mine.” – Jonah Goldberg in All Your Children Belong to Us [via nationalreview.com]

comments

1. avatar Totenglocke says:

No, Alan Gottlieb just issued a statement saying that the Second Amendment Foundation and the CCRKB fully support government ownership and brainwashing of all children. In return, the government promises not to lie to us ever again.

2. avatar BLAMMO says:

The radical thinking we’re dealing with almost has no limits. Not just your children or your guns but the very concept of individual property rights would be eradicated, if they could.

It’s a relentless pursuit that has been around, at least, since Marx and it will never be stopped. That’s why our defense of individual liberties must be just as relentless.

1. avatar William Burke says:

It has no limits because we’ve allowed leadership to enjoy an absence of no constraints.

3. avatar Rambeast says:

Welcome to the hive. Your stingers must be turned in when you are designated drones. Be good, and you can work in the hive, if not, to the front with ye!

“A nation of warriors and fanatics, marching forward in perfect unity, all thinking the same thoughts and shouting the same slogans, perpetually working, fighting, triumphing, persecuting – three hundred million people all with the same face.”

4. avatar Henry Bowman says:

So, if the “collective” claims ownership of my children… at what point do they cease being property?

Never is the obvious answer.

1. avatar Joe says:

My question is when do the collective show up to change diapers?

1. avatar Steve in Iowa says:

Or the 3am feeding.

1. avatar RockThisTown says:

Or the 6am projectile vomiting.

2. avatar William Burke says:

We can fit you in at 8 a.m. August 22.

5. avatar Pulatso says:

Goldberg was one if the first voices I heard that accurately described Progressives as the fascists (a methodology, not an ideology) they are. The only difference between Marx and Mussolini is Nationalism. It’s all state oppression.

1. avatar Pulatso says:

Also, I snagged a 1000 box of Win M22 .22lr for $48 this weekend. It has nothing to do with this story, but I have to tell someone who understands!

1. avatar Aharon says:

Congratulations! I do understand.

Since mid-January I have been doing a 20 minute walk (prior to opening) to my local BiMart store almost every Monday and Wednesday morning hoping that their delivery truck brings 22LR. Since January 1st, they have received 22LR three times. I was there one time to get two bricks. Last Wednesday, I was at a different chain store and managed to bring home four bricks 2,050 rounds! Long-term, I plan on never having a home stock of less than 10,000 22LR rounds.

1. avatar Accur81 says:

I’m going to check my LGS for .22 LR CCI Mini Mag (be still, my aching heart) after work. Congrats on yours, and wish me luck!

2. avatar bo says:

That’ll be useful when you teach your…er…I mean the village’s children how to be good marksmen.

3. avatar TX Gun Gal says:

Congrats, those little beggars are hard to find, much less at a sane price

2. avatar Pulatso says:

Good hunting to all! I hate to be optimistic, but there are slight signs if the drought easing in my area.

3. avatar William Burke says:

” The only difference between Marx and Mussolini is Nationalism.”

Not exactly. Fascism is the union of corporations and government. Is this also a feature of Marxism/Communism?

Absolutely not.

1. avatar Pulatso says:

In Marxism, government is the corporation. Party control of production. I say same difference.

2. avatar Bob2 says:

Actually, socialism is a fundamental part of Fascism. Hitler could not achieve the level of power he attained without making deals with business owners. Those business that refused to deal were replaced, and those who agreed has to have a member of the Nazi party on their board with veto powers over anything the board voted for.

6. avatar RockThisTown says:

All of Goldberg’s books are worth reading.

1. avatar Rightontheleftcoast says:

+1.

7. avatar NWBob says:

“If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—for ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

1. avatar 16V says:

As I’ve been saying for the last 20 years, Orwell was just a bit off on the date.

8. avatar Aharon says:

I thought his name sounded familiar. Back in 2008, he wrote: “Liberal Fascism: The Secret History of the American Left, From Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning”

From the book’s description at Amazon:
    “Contrary to what most people think, the Nazis were ardent socialists (hence the term “National socialism”). They believed in free health care and guaranteed jobs. They confiscated inherited wealth and spent vast sums on public education. They purged the church from public policy, promoted a new form of pagan spirituality, and inserted the authority of the state into every nook and cranny of daily life. The Nazis declared war on smoking, supported abortion, euthanasia, and gun control. They loathed the free market, provided generous pensions for the elderly, and maintained a strict racial quota system in their universities—where campus speech codes were all the rage. The Nazis led the world in organic farming and alternative medicine. Hitler was a strict vegetarian, and Himmler was an animal rights activist.”

So is it the left or right that better fits the definition of fascist?

9. avatar DaveL says:

Remember, one of the classic moves of the propagandist is to frame an issue as being a struggle between two and only two propositions, both of which chosen so as to hide an underlying (and usually unacceptable) assumption.

In this case, it is the idea that children are owned. Children are people are not owned by other people.

10. avatar DeRoy says:

Check out Melissa Harris=Perry’s MSNBC Video at this url “Our Children are not Our Private Property”

This was Broadcast last week. The Story includes the original video and her “defense” of the video after Fox News raised a ruckus about it.

1. avatar DeRoy says:

Anyway, this shows where the Progressives are going with the Children of the US…sorry for the duplicate urls. My bad.

11. avatar Gov. William J. Le Petomane says:

Children do not “belong” to the state or their parents, they belong to God.

The notion that they belong to the state is straight up communism. What’s next, if you don’t raise them up right the state will take them away to reeducation camps? Perhaps Clinton and Harris-Perry would prefer to live in North Korea.