What Could Possibly Go Wrong: Trigger Trainer Edition

Psych! Nothing could possibly go wrong with the Trigger Trainer. Well that’s the story from Derrick Jordan, the company’s founder. “The big advantage is that you can use it anywhere, anytime” the NRA instructor and Chicago-area security guy told TTAG. “It doesn’t look like a gun. It doesn’t have a barrel.” Our man Ralph would point out that police officers have drilled civilians reaching for cell phones, wallets, condoms and quarters—but I couldn’t possibly comment. Jordan claims he’s shifted some 2000 TTs since developing the product for people who want to train their brain to enable a smooth, straight trigger pull. No clicking (i.e. breaking point) though; there are too many variations to cover even a fraction of the firearms currently for sale (if only in theory). The plastic fantastic training tool costs a not inconsiderable $45. Still, the TT’s guaranteed to improve your trigger control or your money back. Despite Jordan’s assurances, viewer discretion advised.

comments

1. avatar ensitu says:

I have one of those $5 grip streangthening gizmos which when held upside down serves to streangthen my trigger finger as well which is vital for shooting weak handed, I use it while watching TV.
    Pinky streangth overcomes many negative factors during the trigger press

1. avatar Snjohnson says:

My son’s paintball gun’s electronic trigger breaks at something like 4 ounces. Why would they ever need something like this? That trigger is about as realistic as a $1 squirt gun.

1. avatar 16V says:

Exactly. No break, no point.

Unless you are training to use a gun with a fully electronic trigger that is strictly linear with no feedback whatsoever, this POS is worse than useless.

2. avatar Kory says:

How about a ballpoint pen with a clicker? That is what we teach people at Appleseed.

1. avatar JTPhilly says:

Best thing in the world.

3. avatar William says:

Where can I find one of those $1 squirt guns? In a 1972 Kresge’s or Roses? WOOLCO, I bet!

2. avatar Sammy says:

Wouldn’t a squirt gun do the same thing?

1. avatar Accur81 says:

Only if its a .9mm.

1. avatar Sammy says:

If DiFi gets her way, you will only be allowed to pull the trigger 10 times then you have to buy a new one.
        And do you have to send them a target with a 20″ spread at 5 yards to get your money back?

3. avatar tomjonesa22 says:

whats wrong with snap caps?

1. avatar ensitu says:

Jonny Law will drill you in many states (yes, that is a pun) while holding a firearm, in your home, reguardless of it’s inability to fire.

4. avatar Mr Pierogie says:

Looks as useful as the Shake Weight.

1. avatar Sammy says:

Maybe less.

5. avatar Matt in SD says:

Wait…this isn’t a joke?

6. avatar Joke & Dagger says:

Ummmm,I got one of those things that I was born with. Free. And I love practicing. Obama and Reggie Love know what I’m talking about.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

For some reason, your comment puts me in mind of the best Shake Weight prank video of all time…

http://tinyurl.com/cph7ds8 (YouTube link, encoded so as not to auto-embed(

1. avatar 16V says:

Tiny Earl is not working for me. Do tell me it’s ‘Shake Weight’ from South Park. Please…

2. avatar William says:

I am SO DONE with Reggie Love! But our POTUS man is gonna go back for more of whatever it is he offers.

7. avatar Chris Mallory says:

“Our man Ralph would point out that police officers have drilled citizens reaching for cell phones, ”

Sounds like we need to disarm government employees to protect the citizens.

8. avatar DaveM says:

Anybody know if there is version to peel and slice vegetables

9. avatar Joe says:

Nintendo may take exception to their use of Bullet Bill…

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

You noticed that too?

2. avatar ProfBathrobe says:

On the subject of video games, am I the only one who thinks the speaker sounds just the slightest bit like Vladimir Makarov from the Modern Warfare series?

1. avatar William says:

Vladimir Makarov? Didn’t he play for the Detroit Red Wings?

3. avatar scottlac says:

Nintendo will probably be really ticked. If I noticed it I’m sure they will. That bullet character wasn’t just generic clip-art.

4. avatar g says:

No wonder bullets are so damn expensive. They’ve done sprouted arms and eyeballs!

10. avatar Don says:

Without cocking effort, break point, reset and sights to watch to make sure they don’t flinch this is kind of useless for trigger control.

Besides you can get one of these for 8 bucks and use it the same exact way:

Heck, you can get 3 of them in different strengths for about half the cost of this thing!

11. avatar Azimuth says:

We should be careful how quickly we take to mocking this entrepreneur.
    Muscle memory is the core of effective defensive training. How many here practice drawing from their concealed carry position while standing?
    While sitting? While laying in your bed? While you are…? (fill in activity)
    Would you have responded more positively if the Trigger-Trainer came with a black anodized finish? I wonder?

1. avatar Don says:

Umm… why would it be a good idea to build precisely the wrong kind of muscle memory by using this absurdly high priced single finger strengthener? That’s not what a trigger does, and trigger control is about predicting and working between the stack, break, and reset, not simply finger strength.

2. avatar ensitu says:

I keep my gat under that slice of stale pizza that is wedged between the folds of fat under my chin(leave the gun, take the Cannolli)

3. avatar William says:

That thing has NOTHING to do with drawing! What are you talking about?

12. avatar ChuckN says:

At $45, I think I’ll stick to using an airsoft pistol.

13. avatar Jordan says:

I’ll stick to my Smith and Wesson 686 .357 and snapcap practice at home, thank you very much.

Don’t forget delivering newspapers in California. Yeah, there’s a gun for that.

1. avatar William says:

WHO KNEW 71-year old tiny Asian grannies looked so much like their rogue African-American, 250 pound L.A.’s Most Wanted?

Maybe if she was three-quarters of a mile away, but, C’MON! Cops can only shoot things they aren’t aiming for.

15. avatar anonymous says:

I might have to submit this to Unclutterer‘s “Unitasker Wednesday” feature.

16. avatar VSN says:

I use one of these:

Varigrip

Adjustable and it helps my guitar playing!

17. avatar Greg Camp says:

Note also that this apparently has no sights. Those, or a laser pointer, would have given this some usefulness.

1. avatar Eddie D. says:

Then I could see myself spending at least $10 on this. Perhaps a beep if the gun moves too much. Until then I will use the ol’ balance a dime or JHP on the sights routine.

18. avatar Eddie D. says:

Or just get a squirt gun at the 99 cents store.

19. avatar TheSleeperHasAwakened says:

Snap caps cost WAY less and you actually practice with your gun.

Also, nothing can beat firing live rounds down range and gettin gused to the gun going “pop” in your hand. So pick up your expended brass and reload!

20. avatar Brad says:

Lol! 45$. More from the depths of uselessness.

21. avatar Lenny says:

Trigger Trainer is a scam. They are quick to take your money, then string you along with excuses for non delivery until the time period for Paypal refunds expires, then don’t bother answering emails.

Repeat : This is a scam. If you send them any money, you will never see the product or your money again.