Incendiary Image of the Day: Eight-Year-Old Gunman Edition

Ahmed in Salahadeen, Syria (courtesy huffingtonpost.com)

Another day, another day of fighting in Syria, where government forces fight a farrago of opposition, from “rebels” to jihadists. Click here for an excellent documentary about another boy (Ibrahim) caught up in the day-to-day struggle to survive in a war-torn country. Meanwhile, Syria’s plight shows why the U.N. Small Arms Treaty is so . . . problematic. The Syrian government would seek to use it to cut off the flow of small arms to “terrorists.” The U.S. government would ignore it to “secretly” channel weapons to the rebels (as they are now). Well, some rebels. In any case, it’s better to be armed than disarmed. Period.

comments

1. avatar Blehtastic says:

The smoking, it bothers me. Are the mag colors the new syrian flag colors?

1. avatar Leo Atrox says:

“At first I thought, oh look, he’s got an SBR, and then I hated the ATF a little more.”

Ha! At least the ATF will eventually let you have an SBR. Come on over here to Illinois and learn real hate.

1. avatar Pat says:

Sickago….you have my sympathies, Leo.

2. avatar William Burke says:

An image to sicken the heart of every true-believer gun-grabber, who sit in their gated communities and haven’t a CLUE about everyday reality.

Is sad and pitiable? OF COURSE IT IS. But your pity means f-all to him. He’s engaged in day-to-day survival.

1. avatar Shenandoah says:

3. avatar Shenandoah says:

Thank you for adding “farrago” to my vocabulary. Learn something new every day.

1. avatar BLAMMO says:

That’s the second time today I’ve seen the word used on TTAG. Newly discovered?

1. avatar Bryan says:

Newly resurrected.

OMG! A cigarette! A kid with a cigarette! OMG!

5. avatar Don says:

Is that Ralphie’s little brother??? If Ralphie shot his eye out with the Red Ryder imagine what he can do with an AK.

1. avatar Pat says:

Only missing the Bunny PJs.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Ralphie wears the PJs not Randy. Fra-Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra, Ra-Ra-Ra-Ra!

6. avatar Sammy says:

Who ever provided that child with a cigarette is in very big trouble. Doesn’t anyone care about the children?

On a sad but serious note, I would rather see that kid with an AK than being used as a human shield with no weapon. At least he has SOME chance, slim though it may be, for survival. But if you really drill down on the image you will realize it is a manifestation of POLITICS. (how the hell does he get those tiny hands around the pistol grip and trigger?)

7. avatar Jake W says:

this is begging to be a meme…”And not a single fuck was given.”

8. avatar dirk diggler says:

If Obama had a son . . . .

I’m glad he doesn’t.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Yea no kidding, *cough*North Korea*cough*

1. avatar GS650G says:

We are gonna get Michele eventually, count on it.

2. avatar Bryan says:

A new Democratic trend?

9. avatar Lance says:

Just like Japan using child solders in last half of WW2. Muslim scum do too. Its sick how Obama and the media give these murders a pass every time because like Obama they hate Christians.

1. avatar Pat says:

One of the dirty, filthy, America hating, secular humanist, libtard tactics.
      Liberalism is a mental disorder.

2. avatar Gyufygy says:

Um, I think the exploded remains of those targeted by drones would disagree about being given a “pass”.

3. avatar Russ Bixby says:

It has nothing to do with religion.

The civilian population is being exterminated. He’s a civilian, fighting back.

It’s not all that different from Little Johnny grabbing Daddy’s AR and fighting off a home invader.

Go away, and take your ignorant hate with you.

4. avatar WLCE says:

The truth is that child soldiers have found their way within the American military too, dating all the way back to the Revolutionary War.

I certainly do not condone child soldiers. When a country is desperate, they do desperate things. One can do nothing but respect and admire a child’s willingness to do what many adults are too cowardly to do, all the while being disgusted by the brutish nature of war.

Back when I was that age, and if my country would have been invaded and absolutely destroyed, I would have gave the finger to anybody trying to stop me from picking up a rifle.

10. avatar SubZ says:

That film is quite powerful. I pray we aren’t destined to the same fate.

11. avatar Anmut says:

What they don’t tell you is that many of those kids are drugged up on top of it.

1. avatar Leo338 says:

What’s wrong with that? People have to lie, cheat, and steal here to be drugged up.

12. avatar Thomas Paine says:

awesome documentary. Notice the one guys says “99% chance of getting killed by a sniper, 1% chance by missile. The battle lines are drawn by snipers on both sides”

1. avatar Pat says:

Dont say that or they will come for our bolt action hunting (sniper) rifles next. Libtard tactics.

13. avatar ThomasR says:

Like in the movies “The Patriot”, “Master and Commander” or “Black Hawk Down,” or any of our inner cities, children have been involved in combat for all of recorded history.

Only our over indulgent and effeminized culture would try to keep our young adults as over grown children into thier late teens and early twenties.

14. avatar jwm says:

I would lecture this kid about the dangers of smoking. But many years ago I learned not to lecture people with AK’s. Doesn’t pay.

15. avatar Don says:

This picture kind of makes me sad. That kid is doing what he has to do, and is likely living as an adult in a warzone. He likely has no other choices. We take a lot for granted here in peaceful free democratic countries. This is why it is so important to keep it peaceful, free, and democratic.

-D

16. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

I think we just found the answer to school security…arm the children……too soon?

1. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

Not too soon, I lol’d

17. avatar john Doesky says:

I’m all for covertly providing arms to both sides of Syria to enable a loooonnnngggg protracted civil war of Islamists killing Islamists.

I’d jump for joy if we could also get Iraq and Iran back to their old ways and lob some gas both ways.

1. avatar Lolinski says:

That is sick, and you wonder why people want to disarm you? To be honest I would disarm sickos like you myself.

1. avatar C says:

I only support providing arms when the fight is over whether or not there will be a despot. Everything right now is simply WHO gets to be the despot.

When two people who would normally be shooting at you, are shooting at each other; leave them the hell alone.

1. avatar Robot Jones says:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend… for now. It does make the clean up easier though when the winners want to try to take someone down with much diminished forces.

2. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Be glad, very glad, that I do not know you.

1. avatar john Doesky says:

Oh unwad your panties. Islamists are sworn enemies of Western Democracy and wish to rule by fascist Sharia law. There’s not a dime worth of difference between Islamists and Nazis. Both need to be eliminated.

1. avatar WLCE says:

are you kidding me?

“Islamofascism” is another antithesis to a Hegelian dialectic that the banking elite are using to manipulate us and them.

The enemy wears a suit and a tie and sits in a smoky room in Amsterdam, Wall Street, London, and Washington DC. Our true enemies certainly dont wear shemaghs or fur skinned ushankas.

2. avatar john Doesky says:

@WLCE

….“Islamofascism” is another antithesis to a Hegelian dialectic …blah…blah…blah…”

Yeah tell that to the 3,000 Americans incinerated on 9/11. Idiot.

3. avatar WLCE says:

“Yeah tell that to the 3,000 Americans incinerated on 9/11. Idiot.”

Tell that to over 100,000 Iraqis (conservative estimates) that were killed even though their country had nothing to do with 9/11. Idiot.

Learn something for once too. I know when you read “Hegelian”, it created a mental block for you, so you might have a hard time with this read. You 9/11 Commission Report followers arent the brightest tools in the shed thats for sure.

4. avatar Yellow Devil says:

@ WLCE Blame it on Saddam and all the other rulers than. Most of those casualties are Muslim on Muslim violence. Like these gun grabbers Libs that use crime rates in cities, but lump gang on gang violence to everything else. The biggest tools are ones, like you, that give the Arab and Muslim world excuses time and time again.

2. avatar Whatever says:

We should have picked our own cotton too, Russell. You man of the world, you. You, tough guy. Same point you’re missing here.

3. avatar WLCE says:

The sad part is that our current leadership thinks like you do.

Particularly the CIA, who armed and babied Iraq so that they could invade and attack Iran in revenge for ousting the western-puppet Shah.

18. avatar bruce says:

Yeah he didn’t inhale, the expelled smoke is to thick. Wasn’t the first attempt at the same shot by the photographer either,cig has been hotboxed.

19. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Hmmm…

A nine year old served under John Paul Jones during the Revolutionary War.

Dunno if he smoked…

1. avatar jwm says:

I’ll bet he drank even if he didn’t smoke. American naval vessels weren’t dry then.

20. avatar Raymon Babe says:

i always like to read or watch business news because i really net to get updated about present market situations.^

Most current article on our personal blog
    <"'http://www.beautyfashiondigest.com/affordable-evening-dresses/