Housekeeping: Happy Easter from TTAG

I’m Jewish, so I won’t be celebrating Jesus’ resurrection today. But I will be taking the time to consider the concept of rebirth. Not just because Spring is springing, threatening to turn my cherry tree into a psychedelic celebration of seasonal awakening. But also because now is the winter of our discontent (not to coin a phrase). Assault weapons bans, firearms registration, ammunition magazine capacity limits, mental health checks—liberty’s light continues to dim and flicker in blue states throughout the country. During these dark, difficult and dangerous days, Easter reminds us to cast our eyes backwards, to honor those who sacrificed themselves to free us from fear. Fear of tyrants. Fear of slavery. Fear of death itself. Their sacrifice informs our resolve. Our fortitude. Our stamina. We know that some things never die. And we thank God for that.

comments

1. avatar James1000 says:

Peeps are disgusting.

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

Don’t be hatin’ on my Peeps, yo.

2. avatar Pat says:

With all the fine chocolate out there (and other interesting candies), who the hell would bite into an effing Peep?

2. avatar Abqjohnny says:

Robert,
    Nicely put. Happy Easter to all.

3. avatar niceguns says:

I am a Christian and today I will be celebrating the death and resurrection of JESUS CHRIST. Thank you Lord JESUS for your sacrifice. By your stripes we are healed.
    Your word says you will never leave us nor forsake us. Please hear our prayers and be with us in this time off tyrrany by our government. In your name lord we pray. Amen

4. avatar Bob says:

Dude, eat some sugar and relax…

1. avatar niceguns says:

Yes relax,

5. avatar Jim R says:

This is a much better use for Peeps than eating them.

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

I have visions of a row of Peeps at a shooting gallery…

EDIT: Oh – watched the video. Great minds…

6. avatar bruce says:

“I’m Jewish, so I won’t be celebrating Jesus’ resurrection today.” correct me if I’m wrong but is’nt that sentence a Bit of a contradiction ? also”During these dark, difficult and dangerous days, Easter reminds us to cast our eyes backwards, to honor those who sacrificed themselves to free us from fear. Fear of tyrants. Fear of slavery. Fear of death itself. Their sacrifice informs our resolve. Our fortitude. Our stamina. We know that some things never die. And we thank God for that.” again correct me if I wrong but I don’t think Easter was meant for that! Are you trying to look like an ass?

1. avatar niceguns says:

Christ gave his life So that we can have eternal life. That is a gift for those who believe in him… those who don’t?… Have A Happy Easter.

2. avatar William Burke says:

Sigh… Robert tells us once a week that he’s Jewish. Easter, Jesus and egg hunts have no place in Judaism. So I would think ANYONE could understand that he comes from a different religious perspective, one that does not incorporate your own.

Or were you just trying to go Alpha Gorilla on this site’s founder? Make yourself some chamomile tea.

1. avatar John in AK says:

Nice Christian/holiday/understanding others touch, Rectal-SphincterMan.

YOU are no ‘Christian.’ You are a sorry poseur.

So Then I will say it as often as I like. You Just had to go there, didn’t you.

7. avatar jwm says:

Slo mo showed that .50 projectile off course and nose up after just a few peeps. These damn disgusting things turned a .50 bmg round and people try to eat them. I’m going to make a tactical vest out of peeps. It’ll be lighter and cheaper than factory bought body armor. And much more colorful.

1. avatar Greg Camp says:

And given enough time, it will have a good coating of insects to add its qualities as a bullet deflector.

8. avatar Epunthesis says:

The Easter sentiments you expressed could be used for Columbus Day, Boxer Day, or Mothers Day. Easter is unique–the true beauty in Easter is that it is not looking back to death, doom, and gloom, but rather, looking forward to life. We have hope because of Easter.

9. avatar Larry2 says:

Happy Easter and Happy Passover.

Happy Easter and Good Pesach to all decent people everywhere. The rest can go f^ck themselves.

1. avatar miserylovescompany says:

This.

I’m Catholic. RF is Jewish. And so on. But we’re all Americans. Any and all enemies of this country and our Constitution can go screw off and die. Here endeth the lesson.

Tom

1. avatar niceguns says:

What is a Catholic?

1. avatar jwm says:

What is a troll?

2. avatar niceguns says:

What is someone who asked what is a troll? Unable to answer a question that’s who!

3. avatar jwm says:

I’m rubber, you’re glue………or just a run of the mill moron.

4. avatar niceguns says:

Yep, a run of the mill moron

5. avatar jwm says:

Well, now that you’ve fessed up to being a run of the mill moron the rest of us can get on with our day.

6. avatar John in AK says:

What are you, stupid?

2. avatar John in AK says:

Yep. That’ll do.

11. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Are you sure thats a cherry tree, lol. My hope is for a peacefull USA & that involves almost everyone packin, thanks for the help Robert, Randy

12. avatar Mark says:

Rob, Yeshua is Jewish too.

Full name: Yeshua ben David. Jesus was the Latinization of his name. Jesus would have spoken a native dialect, and may have known Greek and Latin but would never have called himself by a foreign name. Especially since the Romans were despised by most of the natives to whom he was preaching.

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Yeshua ben Merriam; Judaism is matrilineal.

2. avatar niceguns says:

Sorry, for your uninformed information, Yeshua is not Jewish. He was Hebrew.Jesus being Jewish is an oximoron… nice try though.

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

Blah-huh?! Hebrew isn’t the same as Jewish?!

That’s like saying Darth Vader couldn’t be Luke’s father because Luke’s father was name Anakin.

Yes, they are the same thing. I know I’m not supposed to feed the trolls, but I have to at least correct their obvious falsehoods since punching them in the balls isn’t a practictal option.

1. avatar Lucas D. says:

Jesus condemned the power structure in place at the time that valued strict adherence to the law over faith in God, yes, but only a delusional bigot would take that to mean that He condemned his own people.

And think what I’m trying to say is piss off, you delusional bigot.

2. avatar niceguns says:

He was a nazarene. If you new the difference between Christianity and Judaism, you would realize that Jesus death and resurrection would have not been necessary if he was a Jew. Hope you can become a critical thinker on this and realize the extent of the sacrifice. If Judaism was the way. How can Jesus be the way? Makes no sense that he was a Jew. A Galilean yes, a Nazarene yes, a Jew no. Hebrew is a culture, Judaism is a religion. Jesus did not preach Judaism… Thus not s Jew.

13. avatar Greg Camp says:

Spring celebrations are a part of most cultures, so I wish everyone a Happy Ostara, even though it means I have to mow the lawn soon.

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

+a whole frickin’ bunch. Thanks.

14. avatar Leo338 says:

The action on the Barrett 82a1 is a beautiful choreograph.

15. avatar Nine says:

And a Happy Birthday to Nine~

I wish a New Gun was in order…

16. avatar Jake says:

The left thinks it would be a mistake to let a good crisis go to waste.

The Buddha said each mistake is a rebirth.

Don’t you want to get reborn?

17. avatar ChrisMcLain says:

I’m glad they finally found a good use for peeps.