My name is Jeff Spiegelman [not shown]. I am a representative in Delaware’s General Assembly. I am a longtime reader of your website. The anti-gun movement (which includes members of the House and Senate, as well as the Governor) is currently attempting to enact “safety” laws that would make Delaware one of the most gun-draconian states in the region. This package has six parts . . .
1. Assault weapons ban- Unwritten as of 3/25
2. Hi cap mag ban - “This bill would prohibit the manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer or delivery of large-capacity magazines, which are defined as ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.”
3. Gun-free school zones – No link as of 3/25. This law would criminalize the possession of a firearm within a school zone.
4. Ban on private sales and mandatory record keeping of all firearm transactions - ”This bill would require that a criminal history background check be performed in connection with the sale or transfer of all firearms… Dealers would be required to maintain records of such background checks in accordance with state and federal law”
5. Mandatory reporting of a lost or stolen firearm within 48 hours - ”This bill would require owners of lost or stolen handguns to report such loss or theft within 48 hours of discovery.”
6. Municipalities would have ultimate jurisdiction when it comes to firearms possession - A law that would end state pre-emption, creating the possibility of city ordinances restricting firearms ownership.
7. Assault weapons ban – prohibits the manufacture, production, possession, delivery, sale or purchase of ‘assault weapons.’
I know I represent a small state, but any coverage you could give that would help fight these laws would be greatly appreciated. And, by the way, we are very very VERY sorry about Joe Biden…… (I changed my mind. You can leave that in.)