TTAG Defensive Tip: Magazine Management

If you liked this video, please make a donation to the
Police Officers Safety Association

Donations to POSA are tax-deductible

comments

1. avatar JSIII says:

I keep ALL of my magazines pristine. If any are damaged they are only used for range duty, but until that time all mags are in play.

Good idea on labeling though. I had a S&W 1911 come from the factory with a bad magazine. I finally narrowed the problem down to it, thankfully my factory mag was black and my other mags were silver so I figured out the problem PDQ.

1. avatar anonymous says:

> I had a S&W 1911 come from the factory with a bad magazine.
      > …my factory mag was black…so I figured out the problem PDQ.

Racist!

1. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Nah; it was black, not brown.

2. avatar Russ Bixby says:

Rule #1: Don’t store the flippin’ things in the oven.

1. avatar Don says:

if not the oven then where else are you going to store them?

3. avatar Michael B. says:

“Let’s talk about magazines, how many magazines do you think it’ll take for me to light up this truck full of old Asian ladies delivering newspapers? Watch and find out.”

Since newspapers are highly flammable, I’m betting on one lucky hit from a tracer to really light up the girls. Given the usual ability of cops to hit what they shoot at, I’d say they’d need about ten mags.

4. avatar g says:

I always buy 2 magazines… one to read, one to keep MINT in the plastic.

Now where did I put my Detective Comics Number 27 at?

5. avatar Eric says:

“Magazines are disposable”
    They were when you could still buy a replacement.

1. avatar John from POSA says:

If a mag isn’t 100% reliable, it should not be carried regardless of whether it can be replace cheaply or not–Mags are available, you just have to pay more.

Rotate unreliable mags into your range pile which will give you added practice clearing jams!

1. avatar Barstow Cowboy says:

Absolutely no sense of humor or irony on this guy. Well put Eric. What John From POSA meant was,”Mags are still available, as long as you are an agent of the state”.

6. avatar Mikeb302000 says:

One tip that wasn’t mentioned is “lose weight.” It’s funny how you guys are so willing to overlook that.