New Hampshire Gun Store Recognizes Salesman of the Year

Collectible Arms & Ammo, a gun store in southern New Hampshire, has stirred up a touch of controversy this week with its sign praising President Obama as their “Firearms Salesman of the Year.” They’re also featuring that old classic with photos of Hitler, Mao, and Stalin and the title, “Experts Agree, Gun Control Works.” While the sign has been up for a couple of months, it’s recently drawn more attention due to a complaint filed by a crotchety old man, Chuck Mower, who thinks that, “When those kinds of things appear and take the public presence…they paint us more as a gooberville in Arkansas.” I’m sure that the good people of Arkansas would take exception to that . . .

And all that Mr. Mower accomplished was to show his ignorance of geography. Gooberville is actually located in Louisiana. Mower also managed to prove that while almost all NRA supporters are OFWGs, not all OFWGs are NRA supporters.

Community reaction to the signs appears to be mixed (based on the scientific three-person sampling CBS Boston included in its story). But Merrimack town officials have confirmed that the gun store is breaking no ordinances and, as such, the signs stay up.

comments

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

It’s funny to see this hit the press all over the place recently, as that idea has been around since the day he was elected in 2008.

1. avatar Carrymagnum says:

Makes me proud I bought ammo from them. Stop being a negative know it all nancy Matt.

1. avatar Matt in FL says:

Like the scorpion said to the frog…

1. avatar Carrymagnum says:

I know the story I just don’t understand what you mean. Though its not overly important as I don’t think much of what you say will change my mind.
          That being said I really like your picture. I hope that’s your daughter or granddaughter because even if you really bring me down sometimes at least your a great family member. That’s the nice thing about being a gun owner. Always some nice common ground.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

“It’s just my nature” = “being a (sometimes negative) know-it-all”

The girl is not related to me, sadly.

2. avatar ready,fire,aim says:

LOL…..

3. avatar DisThunder says:

I like the poster! It’s actually quite classy lookin!

1. avatar Bryan says:

Classy styling reminiscent of an Art Deco poster of the 30’s. With an obvious Euro-Austrian feel that we’ve all seen before.

4. avatar Thomas Paine says:

“This just in: Racist gun store portrays Obama as 2/3 white and 1/3 black.”

1. avatar Shenandoah says:

^We have a winner!

2. avatar إبليس says:

He drinks Blue Moon and drapes a sweater over his shoulders. Obama’s whiter than Nixon.

Impossible! Nixon was whiter than mayonnaise.

5. avatar speedracer5050 says:

Arkansas also has a Gooberville on Hwy 63. As far as I, an Arkansas resident and law abiding firearms owner, am concerned Mr. Mower can gobble my goober!
    He has shit for brains apparently!!

1. avatar scottlac says:

Gun stores in Arkansas generally keep that sign inside the store near the cash register rather than so boorishly displaying it in the window.

6. avatar cz82mak says:

That’s my local gun store! Some great guys there. Love that they’re getting so much free press!

7. avatar great unknown says:

I wonder if this 1st Amendment-supporting, open-minded Mr. Mower is a registered Democrat.

8. avatar Bob says:

That a-hole didn’t like the messages of the signs, so instead of engaging in a peaceful dialog, he goes to the government in hopes of getting them to use their guns on his behalf to shut the store owner up.

1. avatar mike marriam says:

Right! Anti gunners view the government’s guns as the only guns they’ll ever need. Apparently never dawned on any of them that the government might end up turning them on them.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

Well-stated.

9. avatar Captain Catsup says:

New Hampshire’s state motto? “Live Free or Die.”

1. avatar moe says:

I heard it differently, “Live, Freeze and Die”

10. avatar Casey T says:

Feinstein must have been the runner up for the reward….

11. avatar Don says:

Obviously the store owner can hang any sign he wants.

I think actual comparisons of American presidents to Hitler and Mao and Stalin would turn me off, but just those despots and the phrase “gun control works”, there is nothing really offensive about that at all.

As for Obama being gun salesman of the year, that’s a fact. Not really offensive in any way.

What? A business exercising its rights under the First and Second Amendments at the same time? Inconceivable!

They can expect a visit from the ATF very soon.

13. avatar SGC says:

Obamadaddy and the Dems are responsible for the greatest gun control act of this century so far: they have single handedly wiped out the supply chain for black rifles and ammunition nationwide, and are responsible for putting millions more firearms into the hands of the people. Well done, I say, well done! Keep up the good work…:)

14. avatar Bill says:

Obama deserves more credit than that, in fact I believe he is most definitely the gun salesman of the decade and quite possibly will prove to be the gun salesman of the century. Credit where credit is due!

1. avatar Jarhead1982 says:

Thank god he isnt working on commission!

15. avatar BLAMMO says:

The depictions using Hitler, Stalin and Mao are a bit sophomoric but suggesting that The Big O is gun salesman of the year (four years running, for that matter) is spot on.

1. avatar Lance H says:

Blammo perhaps you should examine recent history.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ‘educated’ people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

2. avatar Jay Dunn says:

Unfortunately, he is also ammo salesman of the century–current and last one.

16. avatar Sol says:

i’m a retired Marine, middle aged black guy that works out…and is in the NRA. does that mean i don’t count in the count?;))

17. avatar LLARMS says:

I’ll ask since no one else has.

Where can I order one in 24×36 to frame in my office?

– D

18. avatar Greg Camp says:

Dear Chuck U. Mower:

As a resident of Arkansas and a lifelong Southerner, I’ll offer you the standard response: Bless your heart.

My suggestion to you is that instead of asking for the next standard response–see any good American history book covering Prohibition and revenuers–it would be best for you to read both the First and Second Amendments of the U. S. Constitution.

19. avatar Lance H says:

Thanks for the Link Jim Barret.

20. avatar Robert Bub says:

He’s sold me on buying guns. Now if only he’d worry more about job creation I might have more work coming into my shop so I can afford to buy some.

21. avatar Lance says:

Love this guy let him make adds for you RF!!!

22. avatar Charlie says:

As a child of Arkansas hillbillies currently residing in Louisiana (Shongaloo to be exact!) I take exception to this over-educated shithead’s comments about that which he knows not! All my folks were decent law abiding people. Except for Uncle Henry. And there was that incident back in ’56 when those yankee tourists disappeared, but only the folks that didn’t like him (most everybody, actually) said the barbecue he threw a week later was to get rid of the evidence. But not everybody was happy about that either because they said the meat was too fatty. And that only goes to show that you can’t please everybody all the time.

Sheesh!

Charlie

23. avatar Randy Drescher says:

I like it, its about time the fresh prince of bel aire gets his face where it belongs, the wall of gun grabber infamy, Randy

24. avatar Taco Ninja says:

That’s my home town…drove by this and laughed when I first saw this. I hope to get back home and patronize them sometime soon! I also went to school with Chuck Mower’s kids…kind of disappointing he takes that perspective but to each their own…