Double Barrel Biden on Armed Self-Defense: Fire Your Shotgun Through Your Door

Joe Biden shows us how it's done (courtesy businessinsider.com)

Joe “Double Barrel” Biden had a sit down with the editors of Field and Stream. Hot on the heels of his self-defense tip to Parents magazine readers—respond to a home invasion by stepping outside and firing two warning shots from a double barreled shotgun—the Obama administration’s front man on civilian disarmament offered more unconventional advice to armed Americans facing a deadly threat inside their home . . .

F&S: What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice?

BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense.

I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.”

About Robert Farago

103 Responses to Double Barrel Biden on Armed Self-Defense: Fire Your Shotgun Through Your Door

1. avatarpk in AZ says:

Are there any pictures available of this asshat actually handling a firearm?

Does he even know the 4 rules of firearm safety?

(Not going to hold my breath waiting!)

• avatarscottlac says:

The secret service doesn’t let him handle firearms. They don’t want the guard outside his door to get shot.

• avatarPaul says:

In the dick-shun-airy, under STUPID LIB RETARD LIEING A$$ACHE DUMD $HIT, it says and I quote, “…SEE HIM…”!

• avatarWhiter Walt says:

“just fire the shotgun through the door”
      Well, we know for sure he doesn’t know at least one of the rules of firearms safety.
      And that’s enough to disqualify him from being able to lecture the rest of us on the matter.

• avatarOld Ben turning in grave says:

He gets a revolver, with one round. He has the keep the round in his pocket.

2. avatarHerb says:

Memo to Joe Plugs: “Stupidville just called, they want you to pose for the town statue.”

3. avatarNS says:

this guy is a goldmine

4. avatarthatoneguy says:

I fire my mossy at my front door randomly throughout the day. I find it keeps the door to door carpet cleaners away. Unfortunately it also left me with a lack of Girl Scout cookies this year.

5. avatarEd says:

OOps, JB takes out pizza guy and completely destroys said door. Great stuff here from the VP.

6. avatarswampsniper says:

Is Biden really a lawyer? This is the 2nd time in recent history he has advised people to commit a felony.

7. avataruncommon_sense says:

Umkay. Well let’s ask Trevor Snowden of Virginia Beach about that advice. Oh wait, we can’t because Trevor is in jail for shooting at armed criminals through the bedroom door of his home. (The Truth About Guns featured this story the other day here http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/02/daniel-zimmerman/va-man-arrested-for-following-double-barrel-bidens-armed-defense-advise/#more-205553.)

Someone remind me … whose side is Double Barrel Joe on again?

• avatarRuss Bixby says:

Hopefully not. Having received a summons is not the same as having been arrested.

I’ve twice been stopped for “running” a red on a motorcycle, having sat through a couple cycles without any green facing my way. Once I was ticketed – a summons, in other words.

When I informed the Judge that I felt myself to be under no obligation to recognize the light’s authority when it wouldn’t recognize my existence, he had to concur.

This’ll likely go about the same way, with everyone just going through the motions. Still, it’s stupid.

• avatarMatt in FL says:

“When I informed the Judge that I felt myself to be under no obligation to recognize the light’s authority when it wouldn’t recognize my existence…”

I’m glad that worked out for you. Assuming you said it that way, it seems like the kind of smart-ass comment that could bite you if you caught the judge on the wrong day.

• avatarmountocean says:

Off topic: they make little magnets that activate the coils in the intersection and make the lights recognize you.

On topic: they should make really big magnets that keep all guns away from Joe Biden.

8. avatartravis m. says:

Firing blindly through a door? Isn’t that what Pistorius is in trouble for?

• avatarJeff says:

I was going to say the same thing. That is exactly what he says he did.

• avatarRuss Bixby says:

Well, yeah, but it’s a little different when the neighbours heard a couple hours of loud argument before the shots, but he claims to have thought he was alone and presupposed her to be a burglar who’d come for his aftershave and loofa.

It’s only alright when you shoot through an exterior door at an unknown visitor.

9. avatarRKflorida says:

This just in!! The secret service has just taken action about Biden’s comments. They sold his limo and bought a short bus for him. Maybe he can wear a little padded blue helmet too.

10. avatardom says:

Wow! This guy really disagrees with rule number 4.

11. avatarJames says:

Anyone noticed there no pictures of Joe shooting skeet? But he doesn’t have to; Barack shoots enough for both of them.

This just in: Mossberg and Winchester have announced the “Joe Biden Through the Door” model.

12. avatarSome Guy says:

I heard a rumor that this guy is Vice-President of the United States – can’t be true – can it?

13. avatarPulatso says:

I’ll give him credit, randomly firing at your front door would keep people away.

14. avatarGyufygy says:

BIDEN! STOP TALKING! It makes you look less stupid.

What did the poor door do to him, anyway?

• avatarUnapologeticallyAmerican@yahoo.com says:

No keep talking…. You prove the point more and more that gun grabbers haven’t a clue what they are talking about

15. avatarJames1000 says:

Is it me or does Joe look like Beeker from the muppets?

16. avatarShire-man says:

He’s a pod person, right? Just here on earth for shits and giggles? Running a big joke on all us simple humans?

If he becomes POTUS I could see him spending the entire 4 years rolling around on the floor laughing hysterically over how stupid these primitive earth creatures are.

17. avatarDaveL says:

Any time Joe Biden speaks on TV, they need to have a banner they can activate to the effect of “WARNING: Do not follow this advice. You could be killed or sent to prison.”

18. avatarUpstater says:

Maybe this is all just cover for the inevitable crony kickbacks to “Big Lumber” and the “Replacement Door Cartels”…Nah. Joe’s an idiot.

19. avatarIn Memphis says:

Now they HAVE to let that man in VA go. He may not have stepped out on his balcony but he did fire through the door and stopped a home invasion.

20. avatarGreg says:

So by his advise, if we *THINK* there is a threat behind a door we should shoot at it. Wow. This can’t be serious.

21. avatarChas says:

I sent him an email yesterday and asked him to stop giving us self defense advice as he has no idea what he’s talking about and is making a complete ass out of himself.

On second thought, maybe it’s a good idea for him to do just that.

22. avatarHarvey says:

Maybe he’s doing this so that legal gun owners will follow his advice and go to prison? Then he can point at them as an example of how gun owners are dangerous maniacs.

23. avatarTRP says:

We should all pray that nothing happens to our Supreme Leader O’ Blaber. Can you imagine this guy having control over our nukes? NO JOE, it’s not a doorbell!

24. avatarShenandoah says:

Dick Cheney may be accurately described as an evil genius…but that still means he’s a genius. Biden…well genius has never been associated with his name.

• avatarIn Memphis says:

Cheney is certainly more qualified ti work a shotgun too, even if hes shooting someone in the face. At least he knows where his gun is pointing.

• avatarOld Ben turning in grave says:

At the University of Delaware, a solid but unexceptional school, the was close to the bottle of his graduating class.

25. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Is he on crack? His advice is something out of a Daffy Duck cartoon. Whats next from smokin joe, be carefull going through a doorway so the burgler doesn’t tie the shotgun in a knot? He’s not that far from this. A person is not supposed to own a legal AR & use it safely, you are supposed to use a shotgun in a reckless & illegal manner though. I shouldn’t bitch, he’s gotta be helping our cause, Randy

• avatarIn Memphis says:

“I shouldn’t bitch, he’s gotta be helping our cause.”

Part of me hopes he will keep up with these comments for that reason. The other part worries that people will start taking him seriously.

• avatar16V says:

Some things are just too stupid to have been planned. But if you tease this out, it really could used against us.

“See honey, I did what gun safety Joe told me, not those whackos at the NRA. I sold my AR and bought a double-bbl shottie. Now we have a dead pizza delivery guy and I’m charged with a felony. Golly gee willikers, guns really are evil…”

26. avatarDon says:

I fire my shotgun at my door just to see who is there. That damned peeo hole is too small.

27. avatarflyboy says:

This is the advice coming from the second in command for the worst economy, worst governmental management of taxpayer money, worst business climate, housing crisis, expansion of government, expansion of welfare, on, and on, and on. So he wants to say that he’s an expert in home defense? I think not!

• avatarIn Memphis says:

He IS an expert on home defense! To be more specific, an expert at strengthening the need fore home defense.

28. avatarJP says:

Crazy Joe sez “Gedda double barrel shod gunn!” and “fire two blasts in the air”.

29. avatarإبليس says:

Hey Joe, where you goin’ with that gun in yo hand…

30. avatarNot Jimbo says:

Aside from being tactically stupid, aren’t warning shots legally questionable?

31. avatarChuck in IL says:

Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.

• avatarRopingdown says:

Yes, but go for some capacity, because now security requires two shots off the balcony, then a few through the front door. If you’ve noticed the requirements growing like the Federal Code of Regulations, you’re on to something.

32. avatarCritZer0 says:

By means of a royal ‘we’, JB just declared himself a gun scholar… and THEN advised me to blindly shoot a shotgun through my front door as a means of self-defense…

I’m gonna have to agree with the short-bus-folks on this one.

And speaking of shooting through the door…Dallas unfortunatly lost a local musician to a combo of alcohol/prescription drug reaction and through-the-door blind head shot… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carter_Albrecht
    Don’t know that I would have opened the door, but I probably wouldn’t have shot through it, either…at least, not until Prof. Biden instructed me to do so…

33. avatarPantera Vazquez says:

Di-Fi going after guns-OLD HISTORY

Obama Playing footsie with the truth-EXPECTED

Seeing Joe-Bi consistently suffer foot in mouth-FRIGGIN’ PRICELESS

34. avatarJR LORENCZ says:

What is that, the Oscar Pistorius tactical defense technique?

35. avatarRic H. says:

Is it possible that this guy is trying to cause a bunch of gun crimes to allow for even bigger incursions into gun rights?

Or is he just an idiot?

36. avatarAharon says:

I suspect that old uncle Joe is seriously partially nuts. He goes beyond being an ignorant gun-grabbing agenda-driven elitist. Joe fits into the same camp as fruit-loop crazy John NcCain nuts.

37. avatarAharon says:

I suspect that old uncle Joe is seriously partially nuts. He goes beyond being a gun-ignorant gun-grabbing agenda-driven elitist. Joe fits into the same camp as fruit-loop crazy John NcCain nuts.

38. avatarLance says:

Another reckless move that could send you to prison. Thats why they call him “Slow Joe Biden”

39. avatarJim D says:

Be sure to keep spare doors on hand for just such times. Otherwise the crooks will crawl through the large gaping holes when you run to Home Depot. Thanks Joe, please keep ‘em coming, you are killin me…

40. avatarMr aNINNYmouse says:

Remember when #43 said stupid things?…..

41. avatartwency says:

Robert, whats your source for that quote? Is it from a print-only article? Is it from something available online?

42. avatarAdam says:

“The VP is offering great advice and everyone should practice this outstanding home defense strategy.”

-Every Door Manufacturer in America

43. avatarGreg Camp says:

This is the man who is in charge of the executive branch’s push for civilian disarmament? My gods, perhaps I shouldn’t have asked for stupid opponents…

44. avatarE says:

That’s great Joe. I hope he realizes that somebody is likely to take his advice to heart and end up killing an innocent who they didn’t identify before pulling the trigger. It’s really just a matter of time. Then what?

45. avatarHAVE GUN says:

Joe

A gift that just keeps on giving.

46. avatarDoug says:

Great advice! Oscar Pistorius claims this was his line of thinking when he defended his home against a brutal and well armed invader by firing blindly through a door. It worked out well for him.

Maybe “tail gunner” should be re-named “door gunner”?

47. avatarFloyd D. Barber says:

Just when you think Joe couldn’t get any stupider, he proves you wrong.

48. avatarJames says:

Exactly right, Adam. Crony capitalism at its worst: Joe Biden and the door makers/sellers of America.

49. avatarsnipe4fun says:

Pistorius ought to get some consideration considering he did exactly what the VP advised (though he used a handgun instead of a double barrel shotgun).

50. avatarDerek says:

Does he not have like, a handler or manager or someone who can tell him to just STFU?

“… my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15…”

Please, PLLEEEAAAASSEEE, elaborate on that. I want to here his reasoning for how his double barrel is better than an AR-15.

51. avatarInkstain says:

Since Biden is part of of the executive branch, can a person who follows his advice and gets arrested claim entrapment?

52. avatarready,fire,aim says:

I would give up a weeks pay to see the facial expression on that F&S interviewer when ole’ “shotgun joe” said “shoot thru the door”….priceless…god he’s an embarassment to this great nation of ours

53. avatarJim D says:

Anybody notice ol shotgun Joe is sitting on the WRONG side of that desk in the F&S picture? Hahahahahaha, Joe

54. avatarmountocean says:

The air-shotgun VP is holding in that picture appears to have both a pistol grip and a vertical forward grip, assault double barrel shotgun.

55. avatarCaligula says:

If only George Zimmerman had fired through a door; he could use Crazy Joe’s advice as a part of his defense.