Cops Hunting Ex-LAPD Officer Shoot the Wrong Person. Twice.

"Corona police stand guard at Magnolia Avenue overpass of the 15 Freeway. Three officers were shot Thursday -- one in Corona and two in Riverside by a gunman believed to Christopher Jordan Dorner, the fired Los Angeles Police Department Officer wanted in the revenge slayings of a college basketball coach and her fiance in Irvine." ( Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times / February 7, 2013 )

“Los Angeles and Torrance police were involved in two shootings in Torrance early Thursday when police came across vehicles similar to the one sought by authorities in a massive manhunt for an ex-LAPD officer suspected of shooting three other officers,” lablog.latimes.com reports. “Neither incident actually involved the suspect, said Torrance police Lt. Devin Chase. The suspect, Christopher Jordan Dorner, 33, was at large Thursday morning. The first Torrance incident occurred about 5:20 a.m. in the 19500 block of Redbeam Avenue in Torrance, Chase said. That incident involved Los Angeles police detectives from the Hollywood division, sources said. Two people were struck by gunfire and transported to an area hospital with unknown injuries, Chase said. No officers were injured. The second incident . . .

which involved Torrance police, occurred at Flagler Lane and Beryl Street about 5:45 a.m. No injuries were reported in that incident.

Chase said both incidents involved vehicles matching the description of the one sought in connection with Dorner.

And civilians aren’t experienced enough to handle firearms. And Dorner isn’t a threat to civilians. Yeah right. [h/t Matt in ATL]

About Robert Farago

142 Responses to Cops Hunting Ex-LAPD Officer Shoot the Wrong Person. Twice.

1. avatarSpoons Make You Fat says:

These other two must have deserved it. The police are highly trained. In fact, police and military are the only groups that should have access to firearms. This is just another biased example of people twisting the facts to fit their agenda.

2. avatarDave R. says:

This just got a whole lot more expensive for the city.

• avatarDyspeptic Gunsmith says:

No, it just got a whole lot more expensive for the taxpayers.

Penalties for screw-ups and malfeasance like this aren’t paid by “the city.” They’re paid by the taxpayers.

This sort of crap is why I want a strict limitation on sovereign immunity for cops. When they screw up this royally, they should have to pay the legal expenses and any civil damages/restitution judgements that are decided against them. The taxpayer didn’t screw up. The cops did. It’s their fault, they should pay.

3. avatarChris Mallory says:

Disarming the police is the first step to a safer America. If they need a firearm, let them ask an armed citizen for help.

• avatarAccur81 says:

Taking my duty gun would just cause me to upgrade to my personal collection!

• avatarmatt says:

your duty gun is the best one you have access to?

• avatarGyufygy says:

Upgrade *to*

• avatarLance says:

Thats it. it or ban LAPD idiots.

• avatarMark N. says:

his duty gun isn’t limited to 10 rounds.

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

A81 is a CA LEO. Pretty sure his personal firearms aren’t limited to 10 rounds, either…

• avatarmatt says:

I misread his post, I thought he said ‘upgrade his personal collection’

• avatarLarry Wilson says:

You mean a police officer can own for his personal use a firearm that is Illegal there…for anyone else? Why Do I see this as wrong. Hmmmmm maybe because if they get kicked off the force they still own them? And then they wonder why this has happened now!!

• avatarChris Mallory says:

NO, Disarm you. As long as you are a government employee you are barred owning any weapons. If you want to live off the citizens then you should suffer loss of your basic human rights.

• avatarIng says:

Yeah, cause that’s what we’re all about here. Taking away basic human rights.

I think you might be missing some basic human attributes.

• avatarmatt says:

Ing, go get arrested or go to jail, and watch all your basic human rights vanish thanks to people like Accur81 and jwm. What Chris is asking for is nothing more than poetic justice. I’ve personally seen jail guards to Cook County Juvenile Detention Center drag ~14 year old kids in to cells and brutally beat them for nothing more than crying. This was not the exception but rather the rule, CCJDC is also infamous for having the guards setup blood sports between the prisoners.

• avatarWilliam says:

+1000

• avatarSGC says:

But…everybody in every jail in America is innocent…just ask them!!! It’s all just a big mistake, let them go free! More moving targets, and less repeat offenders…:)

4. avatarDave S says:

Folks are getting nervous.

Anyone have more info on the precipitating firing?. I know from experience that officers can lie and that city officials do is a given.

5. avatarfugarwe says:

Whoa there big fella. This story doesn’t give any details, but perhaps the people who got shot were engaged in an activity that warranted such a reaction. When you are out looking for you lost wallet, you don’t leave all the other wallets you find on the ground, do you?

• avatarCZJay says:

I could have been shot by those people [cops], while I was outside talking to a friend, on my friend’s property. Why? Because they didn’t like me… Although they didn’t even know me.

Earlier that day I went with friends to the local burger place where the cops hangout wasting tax dollars. I was minding my own business, ate and left.

The cops followed me around all day. When the sun went down they saw me sitting in the front of my friend’s house talking. They rush up in their car, aim their spot light in my face, jump out screaming, threaten my life and point guns at me. They have me put my hands out to my side and sit on the ground. Then they come onto the property with no probable cause and no warrant. They check all my clothing, they even have me take off my shoes and socks.

After their illegal search of my person they start questioning me. They write down everything in a small book. By the way I was a minor at the time. They accuse me of being a criminal, call me a low life piece of crap (in not so nice words), continue to accuse me of things and say how lucky I am that they chose not to shoot. My friend tells them not to harass me and to leave the property. The cops then threaten my friend.

I am not black. I didn’t dress like a gang member — didn’t hang out with any. I was just a young kid.

That is how cops act where I grew up, even to young kids.

Do you think they would be honest about how they do their jobs when that is how they act? You should not believe anything a police department or news story tells you. It is about 99.9% of the time not what happened. After a while you learn how to read between the lines.

• avatarRalph says:

No. But neither do I shoot them.

• avatarJoe Mama says:

Yeah, right:

“Two older women were delivering papers when police opened fire, the report said. One woman was shot in the back, the other in the hand.”

6. avatarMichael B. says:

Officer safety! Why does TTAG hate the police? [/sarc]

7. avatarChris from Iowa says:

Racial profiling at its finest? Nah, that would never happen in L.A.

Maybe we can start the rumor that Feinstein was behind his firing.

• avatarSammy says:

I think it’s more like blinding revenge on LAPD’s part is the motivator here. Besides, the ex cop shooter is black, so wouldn’t you think that it might be “a fitting the description, kinda, close enough, fire!” This will make the shooting of civilians more probable in LA as it reenforces the “Us vs. Them” meem (SIC?) so the cops will be even more polarized than they already are from the people they are supposed to protect.

8. avatarUnapologeticallyAmerican says:

The majority of police are well meaning and want to help. Most are highly trained. A few bad apples create a bad image. However, no matter how well meaning the department and officers are, they can’t get to your house quick enough to stop that armed intruder before he kills you, rapes your wife and daughters.

• avatarMichael B. says:

A few bad apples? The tree is rotten from its roots to its fruits. All it takes is one enthusiastic state inquisitor and a violation of some piddling law you didn’t even know existed to leave you penniless and freedomless.

Being part of the enforcement arm of a corrupt state is enabling and collaborating IMO. Doesn’t matter if they have good intentions going in or not.

• avatarfugarwe says:

Time to up the meds.

• avatarMichael B. says:

Agreed, you could use a dose of reality.

• avatarMr. Obvious says:

Really? I’m a lawyer and was arrested for the first time in my life about a month ago. My horrifying offense? I was pulled over because I changed lanes within 100 feet of an intersection on a street that had no traffic at 12 at night. The cop wanted to search my car, I denied consent, so he arrested me and searched the car anyway.

I’m really at a point where I think police are only inches above a legalized extortion racket that justifies their existence by clearing silly pseudo-crimes, cracking down on “quality of life” offenses, and robbing productive people of their liberty and wealth through fines and asset forfeiture. I’d love to see marijuana legalized not because I would use it, but because it would instantly allow the people to demand the termination of roughly 50% of America’s police forces (serious fact – there were more arrests for marijuana last year than for all violent crimes combined).

Hard facts make simple truths – the only justification for the police to exist in the quantity that they currently do is because people surrendered their responsibilities to the state. As a consequence, the state took individualism and liberty from people and we’re just now seeing every day people getting fed up with being treated like terminal prisoners.

• avatarProfessor says:

“Most are highly trained.”

Uh, no, not with firearms. The vast majority of LEO do not shoot more than required to qualify, which puts their firearm skill on the level with the average CC permit holder. Many LEO also require more than one attempt at their annual qualification. The days of free ammo for LEO practice are long gone, a result of budget restrictions, and few will spend their own money to stay sharp.

9. avatarDavid says:

Don’t they have a license plate number for the fleeing cop?

10. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Yeah, the hell with the maniac, run for cover from the cops. Get ready for the crocodile/brady tears if the cops off this lovely human being, Randy

11. Thanks God that no officers were hurt….. [sic]

12. avatarJSIII says:

I understand the cops want this cop killer and general danger to the public bad. Honestly if they do what the state of California won’t (Death Penalty) I am not so worried about that either.

That said, looks like the LAPD is still the LAPD. I know we are lacking a few details but the fact it has happened twice IMO shows the cops looking for this guy are on a hair trigger and need to cool it a bit. Seriously, when did the LAPD and NYPD start a contest “Who can shoot the most civilians in a day and get away with it”

13. avatarChris says:

When seconds matter the poplice are minutes away…shooting the wrong suspects.

• avataruncommon_sense says:

That is excellent!

• avatarLobby says:

Shit, I feel bad for laughing at that, it is a rather comical twist on the old saying, and it would be absolutely hilarious if it weren’t a)true and b) the reason two people just died. Hell, they could have added another to the list by now…these are the people we are supposed to trust to protect us? Why have a gun? Well, apparently in LA, you may want a gun so you can shoot back at the cops who think you are another cop?!?!?!

14. avatarJeff the Griz says:

Just driving to work in my SUV, damn I was only going 5 over officer let me reach over fr my license and registration, *POW* *POW*, why did you shoot me?

A) all this disarmament talk have clauses for ex police, see that makes perfect sense since they go cocoocahoo too.
    B) If he was a smart psycho cop wouldnt he have switched viechals knowing the radio would be looking for his SUV, he is probably on his way to Mexico in a Prius.

15. avatarGC says:

Nothing like shooting up a truck with 2 ladies delivering newspapers. Over 50 shots fired (photo link below)

They also ventilated a guys honda truck. He was turned around from a checkpoint and shot by another cop responding to the above shooting.

Looks like LAPD is in full self preservation mode. What gets me is if it were a CCW holder who screwed up this bad they’d be in jail and the drum beat would be to revoke them all. But here, the attitude is cut the cops some slack.

• avatarJSIII says:

Wow…this IS some frightening stuff…50 shots fired for what? Was either person armed or did they just make the mistake of going for their registration?

• avatarNickS says:

All the shots appear to have come from directly behind the truck. The incident occurred at or around 5:20am, and given the level of tinting on the back window… I really have no idea what could have prompted that many shots at two visibly obstructed targets. My experience is military, not LE, so I have no idea what could have been going through the cop’s mind at the time (I do know that, as a general rule, traffic stops rate pretty highly on the dangerous situations scale).

What bothers me the most about the picture is the shot placement. Shots were clearly fired at both the driver and passenger. Considering the nature of the suspect they are looking for, how could you not assume that the second person might be a hostage? There needs to be some serious clarification and investigation into this shooting.

• avatarProfessor says:

Maybe these LEO were Marines…Kill them all and let God sort it out…

• avatarMatt in FL says:

So do those two ladies now get a new truck, courtesy of the LAPD?

That’s a serious question. Not to mention whatever the medical bills are (every story I’ve seen has said “hospitalized with unknown injuries”), whoever owns that truck is now out a vehicle. Who pays for that? Insurance?

• avatargreat unknown says:

Because you were military, you were trained under the Geneva Conventions, which are based, at least loosely, on moral concepts. And if you don’t follow those, you might as well resign yourself to, at least, a long term in prison.

Police are trained under the convention that citizens have no rights, it’s only wrong if you get caught, and better a hundred dead people and dogs than that one innocent cop gets threatened.

And if they get caught, they get an extended paid administrative vacation, followed by, if the case ever comes to trial, a claim of qualified immunity.

• avatarNickS says:

“Maybe these LEO were Marines…Kill them all and let God sort it out…” – Professor

I’m not going to assume whatever you may or may not be trying to imply with this comment; however, in the event that my comments were misconstrued, I will endeavor to clarify.

In my personal experience, deadly force would only have been justified if the individuals could be visually verified to possess weapons, and further be in the act of using or aiming those weapons at at myself or my brothers and sisters in arms.

I don’t have any LEO experience, and that is why I am curious as to what actions could possibly justify the use of deadly force on two unidentified targets in low visibility conditions. The picture shows shot groups that indicate the officer was aware of the number of people in the vehicle, and fired upon both of them. If the cop didn’t know the identities of the occupants, then he could very well have been firing on the suspect and a hostage. That can’t possibly be justified, can it? If the cop did know the identities of the occupants, then who were they and what did they do to prompt the shooting? Either way, my original point stands… this incident needs serious follow up.

• avatarGuy22 says:

Man, I can’t find 50 rounds to buy!
      I forgot the Gov. has all the ammo. The DHS has bought 1.46 (B) billion rounds in the last year. (I thought the country was broke)
      At the height of the Iraq War the US was running through 5.5 million rounds a month. So at that level the DHS has enough to last ~ 30 years.
      DHS also bought 7000 fully auto “Personal Defence Rifles” in the last 10 months.
      I love the way a semi-auto AR-15 is an “Assualt Weapon” in the hands of a citizen, but a fully auto M4 is a “Personal Defence Rifle” in the hands of LEO.

Hope they get him soon, so they won’t have to shoot up the city.
      Guy22

• avatarRopingdown says:

I think the RFP specifies “Personal Defense Weapon.”

• avatarrr says:

Guy22, you are over thinking it. Those are dots that we are not supposed to connect. You didn’t mention half of those rounds were hollow points. Can’t be used outside of the US.

• avatarBrooklyn in da house says:

Thats what you get for throwing dangerous newspapers.

• avatarMatt in ATL says:

Check out the truck they were actually looking for. Truck is not the same color or even make/model.

• avatarMolon Labe says:

Clowns with badges and guns!

16. avatarMatt in ATL says:

I don’t know what is more dangerous, meeting Dorner in a dark alley or the cops.

17. avatarKY1911 says:

The post-9/11 militarization of the US law enforcement community is a policy issue that ought to be addressed at every level. After 9/11, the federal grants to local and state law enforcement spent untold billions on gearing up every beat cop into an urban commando. Law enforcement is increasingly able to bring massive firepower to bear on suspects and, in this case, innocents. And they appear to be doing so with greater frequency and as a first response, rather than a held in reserve last response. My city now has a tank, though perhaps an EM-50 Urban Assault Vehicle is more apt.

• avatarWilliam says:

And they were sitting ready, willing and able to go the moment the excuse/event arrived, weren’t they? Look at the record. Look at the timing.

18. avatarMrVigs says:

So you got an ex-cop hunting real cops that are shooting civilians because they are driving a vehicle that looks like the ex-cop’s? In Hollywood? STFU?!?!

Due process is lost in this land. Why not just have obama send drones. That would be better than all those cops with scary black guns running around with bazookas strapped the barrel and who knows – they might blow up a train or shoot down a plane on accident!!!

19. avatarAharon says:

“Oh look Joe, there is a vehicle over there that might be the suspects”
    “OK Barry, I’m opening fire”
    “Hey Joe, you hit two innocent women”
    “Cool Barry. I hit what I am at, don’t I?”
    “You sure do Joe. Chief should make you marksmanship instructor”
    “Thanks Barry. What do you say we break for donuts?”

20. avatarAccur81 says:

My understanding is that they have this vehicle description : blue 2005 Nissan Titan pickup with California license 7X03191 (from the LA Times). However, the license plate may not have been known at the time of the shooting. Regardless, shooting the wrong person(s) is not acceptable. I’ve stopped vehicles “matching the description” of suspected criminal activity with license plate numbers and without. Usually, the driver(s) are taken from the vehicle by a high risk stop or a felony stop. There is either justification to shoot or there is not.

Hopefully time will tell what happened with these shootings. I do hate it when police screw up, but we as a nation have a right to know when it happens.

• avatarmatt says:

So Accur81, as a California LEO are you going to arrest the officers involved if they go in your jurisdiction? Will you ask any friends in the LAPD to do the same as a profession courtesy? Would you arrest me if I was in your jurisdiction and I put 50+ rounds in to a innocent persons car?

• avatarAccur81 says:

I’m on paternity leave, so hopefully won’t be arresting anyone for a bit except for a hit and run case that I’m still working. I’m not really ever 100% away from work, as I carry off duty and have interrupted a few problems. And I have been part of arresting other police officers. It isn’t something that I’m proud of, but it does happen.

I’m waiting for more details on this case just like everyone else, and I don’t make an arrest unless I have probable cause to do so, based upon the totality of the circumstances. Contrary to what many think, honesty is very important in my profession. Any statements in clear contrast to available evidence can get a man fired. Falsification of documents is also grounds for dismissal.

Regardless, this is a terrible incident. The most accurate way to describe my 2A passion would be responsible ownership of firearms for citizens, LEOs, and military. If any of those members make mistakes or commit crimes, they should be held accountable for their actions.

• avatarmatt says:

Paternity leave? Aren’t you a guy? You’re youtube videos all show a guy. How does a guy get paternity leave?

How is a cop shooting 50+ rounds in to a car from behind with two innocent people in to lacking probable cause? If I did the same, would you arrest me?

Yes they should be held accountable, are you going to do anything to ensure this happens or will you pass the buck?

• avatarMatt in FL says:

You really have a hardon for this guy, don’t you matt?

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

“matt” apparently missed more than one memo:

Paternity leave is for fathers. Maternity leave is for mothers. And taking time off to be there with your wife and newborn, especially for those rough first couple of weeks, is a wonderful thing.

The appropriate response to “taking off time for paternity leave” is “congratulations!” not “shot any innocent citizens today you murdering b@stard???”

• avatarjwm says:

Mat in Fl. matt from Chicago has a hard on for all cops and me, though I;ve never been a cop.

Just what matt has admitted too in his comments on ttag gives a little background. When he was 15 he was court ordered onto meds. He was locked down for 30 days in a juvenile facility. He said he was the only white kid there, which explains his being a proud racist.

He says he has trouble holding a steady job because he’s too honest and can’t lie for his bosses. And he is an anarchist.

He’s so full of anger and pain that he just wants to see the world burn around him. And of course his love of jews is well known.

• avatarStinkeye says:

matt, “Pater” means “father”, so you’d pretty much have to be a guy to get paternity leave. Lots of places allow fathers some time off to help get their wife and new baby settled in.

• avatarRalph says:

Whoa, there, Accur81 — you didn’t tell us that you’ve just become a proud papa (unless I missed the memo).

Congratulations! Are you giving out pink cigars or blue ones?

• avatarAccur81 says:

Ralph,

Thank you, sir! It’s a boy – Emerson. The wife and I are very excited, but more than a little concerned about the world he’ll be facing. Still, wouldn’t change a thing (except maybe for not being able to sleep!).

• avatarMatt in FL says:

A81: Emerson? Did you name him before or after you saw him for the first time? Is his middle name Bigguns? Inquiring minds want to know.

• avatarAccur81 says:

Matt in FL,

Well, the wife vetoed McCallan and Jameson. “I’m not naming my baby after Scotch!” Go figure. Middle name is Alexander – after grandpa.

• avatarCarrymagnum says:

You’re all alone Matty boy. You are absolutely welcome here (as none of us are opposed to your 1A right) but not for the keen intellectual contributions you make to our conversations. I am sure I speak for everyone when I say it’s a riot to break your balls. You offer nothing constructive to the dialogue and only serve to distract us from the discussion at hand. And we get back to it promptly after ripping on you for a minute.
        Good luck with your hate-filled life. Try not to spread your shit around so much.

• avatarMichael B. says:

This is more than screwing up. They are behaving like a death squad.

• avatarSGC says:

I just hope Matt doesn’t own an AR…or if he does he will at least hold off on doing anything stupid to further degredate our 2a rights any time soon.

Life sucks and shat happens…being in the wrong place at the wrong time has accounted for many a tragedy. Most of the cops where I live are decent foks doing a shitty job, putting up with people like Matt on a daily basis for years and years and years. It’s no wonder they come off a little rough sometimes.

Anyway, police or civillian shooting alike…I hope this is fully investigated and handled in a professional manner…justice should be served no matter whether you wear a badge or not.

21. avatarCasey T says:

This just shows how stupid the former law enforcement exception in gun control bills are.

22. avatarLance says:

This shows the intelligence of the Key Stone or LAPD officers. What idiots they are so dumb like back in 97 to shoot bird shot instead of slugs from there patrol shotguns at body armored bank robbers. Time to ban anti gun morons like the LAPD and there incompetent Police chiefs. Even LA county is better than these imbeciles.

23. avatarMr. Obvious says:

Can’t we report honestly in this country?

Cops pulled over a totally innocent person because they were driving a car that matched the description of a suspected criminal. The car probably looked just like 10,000 similar cars in the metro LA area. Upon pulling the car over, the cops probably did a felony stop and started screaming unintelligible commands at a terrified driver. When the driver did what Cop #1 said (but the opposite of what Cop #2 said) or when the driver was standing in the open with his / her hands above his / her head, a cop randomly fired at the person and nearly murdered them.

Yet another isolated incident of a cop killing / nearly killing an innocent person.

24. avatarMark N. says:

I just read the national NBC story of this case–no mention of the two civilians shot or the third who was shot at. Do I need to wonder why?

25. avatarMichael B. says:

Christopher Dorner’s “manifesto.”

tl;dr: claims that because of being a whistleblower, reporting excessive force incidents, accounts of institutionalized racism against him and fellow officers that led to this.

I’m not an aspiring rapper, I’m not a gang member, I’m not a dope dealer, I don’t have multiple babies momma’s. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn’t need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It’s in my DNA.

Those of you who “go along to get along” have no backbone and destroy the foundation of courage. You are the enablers of those who are guilty of misconduct. You are just as guilty as those who break the code of ethics and oath you swore.

No one grows up and wants to be a cop killer. It was against everything I’ve ever was. As a young police explorer I found my calling in life. But, As a young police officer I found that the violent suspects on the street are not the only people you have to watch. It is the officer who was hired on to the department (pre-2000) before polygraphs were standard for all new hires and a substantial vetting in a backround investigation.

Who knows if this guy’s on the level and his claims are true. He’s name-dropped a bunch (all of which are redacted) so if he’s telling the truth there should be people to corroborate what he’s saying. Should be interesting.

• avatarg says:

I can’t find the link, but I also read a similar story – he was a whistle blower who charged that a superior officer used excessive force on a suspect. He was later dismissed over the case, under the charge that he filed a false accusation. The lawyer defending him was his ex-GF’s father, who is also an ex-cop.

LAPD having problems policing its own cops? Like that’s never happened before… (/sarcasm)

I suspect there’s a lot more going on to this story beyond the surface level “jealous ex-cop murders 2 people.” Of course, we’ll never know, and if Dorner is smart enough to use his military training / cop background, he’s probably long gone from LA and laying low.

• avatar16V says:

Sounds like a rational guy who is a true believer – and had no business being a cop. Especially LAPD. Don’t get me wrong, he might be the cop we all want, but anything but a tiny dept is going to set off his injustice detector.

He reached the end of his rope after actually believing the system works, only to find it all as corrupt as the last level down. I don’t sanction what he is doing, but his motivations are certainly understandable, and the guys he worked with kill pretty much at whim. As evidenced by the (so far) two innocents already shot.

While his allegations are unproven (and never will be, this will all be cleaned), I know one thing he is right about – LAPD is just as dirty as it was before Rampart hit. Gates’ amplification of the paramilitary and the ‘us and them’ mentality have permanently stained LAPD culture. They’ll still “Treat You Like a King” and I’d bet more than a few guys still have those t-shirts.

To be fair, it’s a big metro police force. They are all corrupt to some extent – too many employees, too much money sloshing around, and too much political chicanery. Nature of the beast. But when the realized they had a crusader, they should have done what smart depts do – wind him up and point him in the right direction. Or at least put him somewhere he gets to feel good and doesn’t see all the corruption and physical abuse that happens.

His treatment and ultimate firing was the rank amateur move and looking at his resume, they really should have expected something. Especially as tenacious as he had been trying to do the right thing.

26. avatarBen in UT says:

“Two people were struck by gunfire.”

I find it ridiculous how the media can portray these incidents as accidents committed by some universal force.

Two citizens were shot by cops.

27. avatarSertorius says:

The LA Times is nearly obsequious here in their passive voice wording: “Two people were struck by gunfire . . .” C’mon, guys. Like the gunfire was from a UFO or something. Translation: “LAPD officers shot two people by mistake . . . .”

28. avatarJAS says:

The shots heard around the world…..

29. avatarDarren says:

I love the naive sheep that come to LE’s defense in these cases saying ‘one bad apple doesn’t ruin the whole bunch’. Do you live under a rock? This shit happens everyday from New York to Los Angeles, and everywhere in between. To Protect and Serve….yeah, to protect their pension and serve their own interests is more like it.

Oh, by the way. The US Supreme Court ruled in 2005 that LE has no Constitutional duty to protect you. Really, then WHAT do they have a duty to do? What more really needs to be said?

• avatarrr says:

Darren, here in New Mexico, in NM Statutes Annotated NM law, the police get their police authority from…drum roll… the department of taxation and revenue. Really, then WHAT do they have a duty to do? What more really needs to be said?

30. avatarAlan Rose says:

A few years ago my wife and infant son were pulled over by multiple LEOs and detained at gunpoint. Turns out her car matched (make, model, even dent in door) the description of a guy that tried to run down a cop. I am so glad they showed some restraint.

• avatarMichael B. says:

Ask yourself if that’s something a free man should be saying.

“I’m so glad our masters didn’t light up my wife and baby son.”

Wake. Up.

• avatarmiforest says:

not performing death squad like executions of anyone driving a similar car is “showing restraint” ?

31. avatarDaniel Silverman says:

This could almost be listed as an IGOTD!
    Accur81 aside, I think it makes the case the cops are no better than civilians when ti comes to shooting.

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

Daniel, I’ve gotta call you on this one. If you substituted racist/white terms for the cop/civilian references, that would be a horrifying statement.

A small number of easily-noticed bad examples from any group does NOT represent that group. There are many, many good cops on the street today doing their part to keep society intact.

Some of them work for departments with crap ideas about civil rights but still do their best.

Some of them work with less-than-stellar cops and either do their best to minimize the damage, or when appropriate, work to get them out of the force.

Sentiments like the one you expressed are why cops frequently have only LEO/LEA friends, which just makes the us-vs-them problem worse. We need to build bridges, not burn them while screaming insults at the LEOs on the other side of the divide.

• avatarBill says:

What is with the PC nonsense Alpha? Don’t inject fake racism into this discussion to drum up emotion. Small number of bad examples? WTF? Have you not been paying attention to the rise in police corruption, militarization and us vs. them mentality? How about all of the innocents being shot along with their pets? The bad cops give the other .01% a bad name.

32. avatarDrVino says:

I read this guy’s “manifesto”.
    Clearly psych issues.

Will be interesting to know if these issues were identified while he was with LAPD.

33. avatarJim says:

Dorner is purposefully targeting LAPD officers and their families:

He dared to cross the thin blue line to expose racism and corruption inside the LAPD, and the skewered him and his military career for it. He is out for vengeance. It’s different than crazy.

34. avatarswampsniper says:

Hell, if they just keep on shooting pickup trucks they will get him sooner or later! If people hunted squirrels that way there wouldn’t be any trees left.

35. avatarREED RICHARDS says:

Amazing how ONE MAN has essentially brought the entire LAPD DOWN TO ITS KNEES. These cowards are sh*ttin their pants so much that they are firing on anything or anyone that even resembles Dorner, either his get-away car or his description. This clearly makes me wonder what gangbangers are thinking about. If this one man can bring an entire police department down to its knees, imagine what 50-100 dedicated and enterprising young gangbangers could do…………………..

ATTENTION LA RESIDENTS:

ALL BLACK MALES 6 FOOT AND 250 LBS AND DRIVERS OF GREY CHARCOAL NISSAN TRUCKS BEWARE, COWARDS WITH FIREARMS AND NO TRAINING AND RESTRAINT ARE COMING YOUR WAY.

36. avatarmikeyrules says:

wow cant believe cops just shoot without knowing who was inside the vehicle. fuck the police

37. avatarmikeyrules says:

wow. lapd is a bunch of retards.

38. avatarBryan says:

In Sacramento the vehicle description and license plate number are on the freeway LED alert signs.

Could he be coming here to take on Feinstein?

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

They’re state-wide, from north to south and ocean to mountains. Even got an email alert from Fremont PD with all the details earlier this morning.

I don’t normally keep my range bag in my truck, but it’s there today. If you know what I mean.

• avatarSue B. says:

I doubt it – He LOVES Feinstein – but if you have only seen the redacted version of his manifesto, you wouldn’t know because that is one of the paragraphs that was removed/redacted/censored. He expresses his support for and hope that a much stronger AWB be passed – probably so he and people like him wouldn’t face as much resistance nor run the risk of a response in kind and the average American citizen wouldn’t have a chance of fending off or surviving an attack by the few who would be allowed to be armed.

39. avatarSmaj says:

Cops are gonna kill a cop killer no matter how many innocents get killed or wounded. The police in this country are OUT OF CONTROL.

40. avatarcriolle johnny says:

Detective Chase was careful to mention that “No officers were injured.”
    Not hard to see where his priorities are.

41. avatarRalph says:

Holy cwap. The cops fired 50 shots and still managed to miss the dog.

42. avatarDarren says:

Wait, they’re “hunting” for the suspect? Then why are they using AR-15s, which we all know have no role in hunting?

(yes, that’s /sarc)
    Bad situation. I don’t see how murdering the daughter of someone on the LAPD who mistreated him (the officer, not the daughter) and her fiancee constitute “clearing his name”.

I’m also not holding my breath about this jackwagon’s obvious hard-left leanings making the national media as part of the story, because The Narrative states clearly that Obama supporters and fans of gun control are always on the side of the angels. The fact that his quest to clear his name comes filtered through a progressive mindset really isn’t relevant if your goal is to preserve The Narrative. That’s just confusing information. Plus, reporting that a minority is wanted in multiple homicides would just confirm some people’s racist biases, right? Better to state that a military veteran (they’re all SOOOO unstable, the poor dears) has killed some people who happen to be civil servants as well.

This country is screwed, in part because the people with the media megaphone are no longer interested in telling the story. They are interested in telling THEIR story, and those things are totally different.

43. avatarMatt in FL says:

Well! Um… So I just found this, from RT.com (That’s Russia Today, y’all. Together with Al Jazeera they’re becoming the go-to source for no-bullshit reporting.)

Police who were guarding one of Dorner’s targeted officers opened fire and wounded two innocent people who were in a pickup truck in Torrance that closely resembled the one that the suspect is thought to be driving – a blue or grey Nissan Titan. The pickup had been driving without its lights on at 5:15 a.m. Thursday, prompting the officers to blindly shoot at it.

Emphasis mine. (Source)

44. avatarswampsniper says:

LAPD Spree Killer’s Supposed Full Manifesto Shows Support For Gun Control And President Obama

45. avatarjimmie says:

i like the way they can investigate there self on shooting the wrong truck.i’m sure we will all be fine when these people are the only ones with guns…

46. avatarrr says:

Methinks when it all goes sideways be it financial collapse, martial law, many other scenarios, Dorner is going to have much company. Collectively we are very weary of the “justice” departments.

47. avatarChris says:

And gun control advocates wonder why law abiding citizens need high capacity magazines?!?!?!? This is why the second amendment is number two on the list of Bill of Rights. Its importance is crucial. I hope these ladies, and all the folks whose property was damaged by these jack-booted sociopaths are handsomely compensated and the officers are removed from the force. Of course if they are removed we would need to keep an eye on them so they don’t end up like C. Dorner.

48. avatarswampsniper says:

There just aren’t any excuses for shooting things up like that. I don’t know of any gun range or hunting group that would not ban anyone who showed that kind if irresponsible behavior from the premises.

49. avatarSuburban says:

There’s somethin’ wrong with the world today.

50. avatarRadarLuv67 says:

I have read a few of these posts. It sounds like a lot of people are angry about our Gov’t. And rightly so. This is going to take dedication and may save your life, or even your freedom. People need to take it upon themselves to find out where cops, anybody that works in local gov’t, judicial system lives. Then save the address for a rainy day:)

51. avatarjames fitzgerald says:

why do cops get away with what ever they do. some people say that they are highly trained. then why does something like this happen. Cops can do and say what every they want and get away with it. They are the biggest liar i have ever seen. They can make up a story to make you look bad and make they self lost good. The cops say that there job is stressful and what the public does not have stressful jobs ! If they cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen. A cop take the oath to uphold the law. I think if a cop get in trouble then they should be punished hard then the people who did not take a oath. Maybe if the cops did not think that they were above the laws they might make a better cop.