Ban Supersonic Ping Pong Ball Guns!

h/t JM

About Robert Farago

15 Responses to Ban Supersonic Ping Pong Ball Guns!

1. avatarLance says:

Evil Assault Balls!!

2. avatarArete13 says:

I’ve been watching this guy’s videos for a couple years now. Super helpful for explaining key concepts in classes like strengths of materials, statics, fluids, and dynamics.

3. avatarRobert K. Tompsett says:

What is a Supersonic Ping Pong Ball Gun? Is it anything like a PVC spud gun?
    We use spud guns in Ham Radio to shoot antenna wires up into the trees.

4. avatarKCK says:

anybody use this yet for a pumpkin chucker?

5. avatarRalph says:

If I was a male Ping Pong, I’d hate a Ping Pong Ball gun.

Male Ping Pongs should not be singled out for this horrible and painful treatment. In all fairness, we need a Ping Pong Ovary Gun, just to balance things out. Fair’s fair.

6. avatarg says:

BAN ASSAULT SCIENCE! (/sarcasm)

Science is awesome… great video to show students in a HS physics class.

7. avatarscottlac says:

Nobody, but the Police and Military, NEEDS a supersonic ping-pong ball thingie…
    Ordinary physics professors cannot be trusted with these things. Who would hunt deer with these?

8. avatarCameron S. says:

“Do not do not try this at home” = “Don’t don’t try this at home” = “Try this at home”

I take that double negative as full permission to proceed.

• avatarrepeater says:

oh, you better believe i’m going to try this at home.

• avatarmountocean says:

Yep. That’s logic. I learned the power of the double negative in Elementary school. Since Elementary school is the foundation for all further learning it trumps all eight of their degrees.

9. avatarLowne says:

HOLY SHIT that was awesome!

10. avatarMEH says:

Heh. Boiler up! We used to do something like this (basically his subsonic version) with the shock tube upstairs in the Armstrong Building during compressible flows (Fluids II, AKA aerodynamics) junior year. I’m glad a professor took it to the limit. That’s engineers for you.

11. avatarCrunkleross says:

Threading a vacuum valve and hose to the barrel of my 338 Lapua as we speak. Somebody hold my beer.

12. avatarcpanel vps says:

Hello all, here every one is sharing these kinds of experience, thus it’s pleasant to read this website, and I used to pay a visit this website daily.|