New from Advanced Armament: Modified Remington R1 1911

R1, courtesy AAC

AAC is one of those companies that just makes stuff look awesome. And, in this case, we have a limited edition Remington R1 1911 with AAC’s skull and crossed rifles logo on the slide. I think it looks really slick. Add to that the fact that the thing comes with elevated sights and a threaded barrel and we just might have a winner. They’re only making 1,000 of these puppies, and they come with a (no longer NY-legal) 8 round magazine.

About Nick Leghorn

15 Responses to New from Advanced Armament: Modified Remington R1 1911

1. avatarSwarf says:

Glad you like it, Nick.

I think it looks goofball. It’s gilding the lilly to the point that it make what should be an intimidating piece of hardware look ridiculous

To put it another way: It’s just yet another damn 1911, but this one’s got a silly tattoo. Next they’ll make one with a laser-etched barbed wire barrel band.

2. avatarCulpeper Kid says:

I ordered mine with the Virginia state seal engraved on the slide (Sic Semper Tyrannis) and genuine National Service Defense Medals embedded in the grip panels.

3. avatarOHgunner says:

No ambi safety? Guess I’m out. Where’s the love for the Southpaws?

4. avatarMatt in FL says:

Yeah, I get raised sights and threaded, but with the skull & bones it looks like something they’d pull in for a tight shot of in a movie to show that the owner is “badass.”

• avatarIn Memphis says:

I wouldn’t want to use it in a DGU, then I’ll have to explain in court that the skull does not mean I’m looking for trouble.

5. avatarO.E says:

And yet, it lacks a rail attachment rifle for fitting a lightbulb to.

LOL.

Tactically unpractical.

6. avatarArdent says:

I wouldn’t mind it’s looks if I were to carry it only in private with other ‘gun guys’. I wouldn’t have that thing on me on the street for love nor money. Looks like a liability waiting for a place to happen. Aside from that, it seems to me that it would be better served it all that attention had gone into something useful. Forgive me though, I forget my youth, when I would probably have thought this was the most bad-ass thing I’d seen (however I also thought Gun’s and Roses was the best band on the planet at the time too. . my how things change).

7. avatarGreat Scot says:

Take away the skull and cross-bones, and give the option to the buyer of the slide decoration.
    I would put on it my Sutherland clan crest.