Chuck Schumer used to be my Senator. And seeing this clip of him going back on his word not two weeks after making a public statement makes me even happier I’ve moved out of his part of the country and down to Texas. Especially since universal registration has been working so well back in New York.

About Nick Leghorn

29 Responses to Chuck Schumer: Did I Say No Universal Registration? I Meant Total Universal Registration.

1. avatarSammy says:

“Universal”? Does that include E.T.s? Chuck has been an ass hat since birth. He never speaks or talks, he’s always preforming (poorly). And he’s fairly transparent about his agenda. When ever I see him on TV I have to go def con 4 on the mute button, or there will be barf for me to clean up.

2. avatarTim says:

I’m sure you know this Nick, but he’s a US senator. To run from his influence you’re going to have to go further than TX.

3. avatarChris says:

I’d like to hear y’alls opinion on when you think the market will return to normal?

• avatarAPBTFan says:

Hard to say at this point. Until the proposed Federal bills are either shot down (market goes to normal) or passed (market will go full on insane) we have to deal with the current schitzo market.

4. avatarBackyardsniper says:

Can we please kill this stupid new pop up ad? It is really pissing me off.

5. avatarOldLawman says:

Did anyone seriously trust what this professional liar said before (or now) ?

6. avatarAharon says:

That was a good NRA media clip.

7. avatarJoshinGA says:

I wish the NRA would take some of the millions of dollars they have taken in recently and put some of these ads on cable networks where people will actually see them…

8. avatarDon says:

Ooo, this is the second NRA video clip in a row that is actually “with it”.

I really think they should end them all like they did with the Biden one with a message to “come over to the NRA for real gun safety, gun training, and legal information”

That’d be a hell of a catch phrase for their “brand”.

• avatarDisThunder says:

Yeah, these need to start getting airtime. Viral is good and all, but the Idiot Mayors Brigade or whatever they think they are are doing TV. So should we.

I also have to say, I’m really liking the tone of these last few NRA ads. They keep it simple, short, and looking polished, with just the right amount of wiseass. And for some reason I get that devious little “heeell yeah” grin on my face whenever I see one.

9. avatarMy Name Is Bob says:

I wish schumer would fall down a flight of stairs and go completely brain dead, instead of mostly brain dead like he is now.

• avatarRalph says:

The entire voting population of NY fell down a flight of stairs and went completely brain dead. In the land of the completely brain dead, the mostly brain dead man is King Senator.

10. avatarUS says:

Something about that ad is epic. It sort of has the feeling of a movie preview somehow.

11. avatarCZJay says:

If there is a pool of data… no big deal? That is until certain people get their hands on it.

Think of your credit card info on a business’s servers — it’s there because you bought something — a malicious hacker could get to it and use it.

So the government will have all this information about your guns. You think, “no big deal.” That would be true if everyone was a moral person all of the time. Eventually there will be people who are not moral that will use the info for their gain.

That is a lot of human beings you have to trust. Yet watch over forever. It would be like hanging a gun, flashlight, your house keys and a sign saying “I trust you, always!” on your front door.

• avatarAPBTFan says:

I don’t think many of us here hold any illusions that there isn’t a crapload of our information on file somewhere or somehow.

A forward thinking fella would have at least, say, half of his important firearms bought off the record like our Fathers intended.

12. avatarAPBTFan says:

Good job nailing his two-faced lying ass to the wall.

13. avatarNazgul says:

I’m glad to see that the NRA is trying to counter the Gun Prohibitionists. Are they getting this out to various media outlets where the general public can see it?

14. avatarFrankM says:

I’m in NY. I sent Schumer an email voicing my concern about firearms regulations. I knew it would be pointless but I, at least, wanted to voice my opinion. He (well, one of his staffers I assume) wrote me back about how he supports the 2A and how he’s pro-gun because he lobbied for lowering the fees for NYS hunting licenses.

I’m tired of the lies.

• avatarjerry says:

U sent Schumer an email concerning 2nd amendment rights? Thats pretty funny. U should send Cuomo one as well.

• avatarFrankM says:

Whether or not he agrees I think it’s important that I voice my opinion as one of his constituents. But I guess someone who can’t be bothered to write out the word “you” doesn’t bother writing to their elected officials.

15. avatarRoss says:

“Chuck You Schumer” …………can go do exactly that.

16. avatarAccur81 says:

Nice to see a politician unequivocally caught in a lie. On video. Again. Props to the NRA for wrapping things up neatly, and hopefully many more will see this add. Unfortunately, many useful idiots are still buying the “NRA is racist” and “supports killing” BS.

17. avatarxer 21 says:

Welcome to hawaii. we have to register rifles, even. oh, and there is only a SINGLE window in a SINGLE police station on the main island of oahu (about 1 million population) that you’re allowed to do it at.

18. avatarRoger Cain says:

Someone fill in the blanks for me but wouldn’t “universal registration” go in direct violation of FOPA (Firearm Owners Protection Act) which, if I recall correctly, directly forbids a registration database? If so wouldn’t they have to repeal FOPA first because how could you enforce one law if it is in direct violation of another?

No matter, hopefully the vast majority of freedom loving gun owners would refuse to comply with any such draconian law. Charles Shmuck can take his proposal and cram it up his own backside.

19. avatarJohn says:

Ouch. Guy got caught out. You could see the shifty-eyed look on his face as he said it. Hope this gets plastered all over his political career.