York Arms to NY Govt and LEO Customers – FOAD

courtesy yorkarms.com

Another firearms company chooses not to do business with those who make it their business to disarm civilians. From York Arms’ web site:

Based on the recent legislation in New York, we are prohibited from selling rifles and receivers to residents of New York. We have chosen to extend that prohibition to all governmental agencies associated with or located within New York. As a result we have halted sales of rifles, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, machine guns, and silencers to New York governmental agencies . . .

For “civilian” customers residing in New York:
At your choice, we will:

• complete your order and ship to a dealer of your choice outside of NY
  • refund your payment in full
  • hold your items here for up to 6 months, at no charge – if you are in the process of leaving NY and taking residence in another state.

For LE/Govt customers in New York:

Your orders have been cancelled.

[h/t Kelly A.]

comments

1. avatar matt says:

Excellent.

2. avatar Ipe says:

Way to go York Arms!

1. avatar SD3 says:

Yeah, what do they sell again? I’l take 10 of whatever it is!

3. avatar Ben H says:

Bravo! It’s only fair that private industry refused to provide firearms to an oppressive government that disarms it’s citizens.

4. avatar Thomas Paine says:

ah, the free market. Isn’t it beautiful?

5. avatar Chris says:

This is awesome.

6. avatar Shawn says:

We should all support a company that does this. We should also stop buying ammo from Federal because of all the ammo that the Government has put in an order for.

7. avatar pk in AZ says:

Quote: “For LE/Govt customers in New York:

Your orders have been cancelled.”

LOVE IT!

1. avatar Elliotte says:

That’s my favorite part of the whole thing.

2. avatar John says:

No, ‘to prevent confusion and possible human error’ prevarication, there. That was pretty awesome.

3. avatar Rokurota says:

Agree. That must have been fun to write.

4. avatar DrVino says:

This would have more power and punch if we knew how many orders were cancelled and what amount of money was involved.

5. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

There are no better words in the entire press release.

And there’s lots of stuff to like in this press release. York is a stand-up company.

6. avatar Brandon says:

That was the most epic part!

8. avatar Randy Cramer says:

New York Arms I Salute You. Thank You For Taking A Stand On this BS!!! going Around Now days. We All got to stick together. THANK YOU..

9. avatar kalel666 says:

Templar Arms, as well: http://bit.ly/XF22ov

1. avatar Aharon says:

Way to go Templar Arms!

I read the posting. I like how they quoted “we hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal”. NY, Obama, DiFi, and the gun-grabbers obviously do not believe all people are created equal. They are haters and bigots.

1. avatar Mr aNINNYmouse says:

They are the Pigs on our Farm. The main one should be called Napoleon.

10. avatar Matt in SD says:

I like it.

11. avatar Mr. Obvious says:

I’m loving it – all manufacturers need to refuse to participate in this 7 round magazine garbage, or else they’ll be expected to produce 5 round, 3 round, and 1 shot versions when subsequent gun bans are enacted. Refuse to ship the guns without standard capacity magazines for standard freedom states (or 10 round capacity, for limited freedom states). The result will be a de facto gun ban in states like NY, which will help gun advocates overturn the bans in the courts.

1. avatar Aharon says:

I think us masses of private citizens should boycott gun makers who do not boycott NY.

1. avatar DrVino says:

How about those that do not boycott California?…

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Let’s see what makes it through the legislature, and gets signed by Gov Brown, before we start shouting for the blood of the infidels, shall we?

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

I think it’s better to use a carrot than a stick.

If you like what LaRue, Oly, York and others are doing… support them. Offset any loss of revenue they’re suffering by buying stuff from them.

Because when the press eventually starts to express interest in this, the logical question the typical presstitute will ask will be “how much revenue did this cost you?”

If the company PR person or executive can honestly say “nothing – our non-government sales went up and replaced the lost revenue,” the clown from the mainstream media will be sad.

But if the company PR person or executive can say “Our sales went up after we stopped selling to government agencies…” now the clown from the mainstream media will look like someone pissed in their cornflakes and kicked their puppy.

1. avatar mikeinid says:

Sad clowns warm my heart. Double for media and government clowns. How about a sidebar with links to companies supporting the resistance, or offer them a cut rate add?

12. avatar Tman says:

It would be impressive to see Colt and Glock do this since they have huge LE market share nationwide. That would make headlines in the MSM.

1. avatar Matt in SD says:

Just need one of the big manufacturers to do it and the everyone else will follow quite easily.

2. avatar LTC F says:

Exactly. Though I applaud the small companies that are doing this, unless Smith and Wesson, Glock, Colt, and Sig join in, it really isn’t going to have much of an effect.

1. avatar theaton says:

I have sent emails to Glock, Colt and Sig. I included the press releases of York Arms, Templar Arms, LaRue Tactical and Olympic Arms. I didn’t have a email address for S&W so I sent the same letter in a fax and in postal mail. In the letter I suggested that it would be much easier to support them with my hard earned money if I knew they didn’t support states that make law enforcement more equal than the rest of the population.

13. avatar OldLawman says:

While I applaud the companies who so far have done this, they really are a drop in the bucket. What I would like to see is a major player, such as S&W, Glock or SIG to do the same. They won’t, because the short-term dollar is more important than the longer-term prospect of being legislated out of business completely. Imagine if Glock told NY that no more Glocks would be sold or serviced until their draconian laws change. I do not understand why companies based in NY, such as Remington, are still there.

Money. NYS gives Remington over $6 million a year in tax incentives. Kimber stays in NY because when Les Edelman took over Kimber, he merged it into manufacturing facilities in NY that he already owned. His CFO later embezzled $10 million from the company, so I’m not sure how flush Kimber might be.

14. avatar In Memphis says:

Okay so I think when prices drop Ill do an AR build; OA lower, LaRue upper, something from these guys. Ill call it a NY Special.

1. avatar Rocky L says:

Don’t forget the Cuomo mag

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Good call!

1. avatar Mr. Pierogie says:

The BloombARg?

2. avatar speedracer5050 says:

Also don’t forget the DiFi collapsible buttstock and flash suppressor combo, which if you buy now you get a free DiFi pistol grip and foregrip free!!!

3. avatar mikeinid says:

DiFi’s prolapsed butt-what? I can’t picture that. Don’t want to.

4. avatar SJ says:

Man that will be one evil rifle! Pure evil! So evil even hell will spit it right back out!

2. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Don’t forget “the shoulder thing that goes up” barrel shroud … in honor of Ms. McCarthy.

1. avatar SGC says:

and make sure it’s all EVIL ASSUALT RIFLE BLACK in color…that should be a paint name really…

15. avatar Roll says:

What we really need is the ammo manufacturers to ban ammo sales to NY LEO and GOVT. That is where it would really put the heat on them.

1. avatar In Memphis says:

And maybe it would put some ammo back on the shelves at the same time

2. avatar yahtzee says:

The problem is that the largest ammo supplier is a publicly traded company. I wouldn’t think for a second that they would try and piss off thousands of investors. ATK deals highly in government contracts regarding defense systems. The Ammo line is a small portion of their company, but I doubt they will take away something small for them to lose out on other more lucrative contracts on say guided missiles and satellite systems.

1. avatar Mike the Hops Farmer says:

Exactly. As I posted the other day I bought $10k of both S&W and Ruger. The publicly traded companies we CAN and as investors with enough of us we can control policy at the next shareholder meeting. Use the power of your wallet not just by buying or boycotting their products!

1. avatar In Memphis says:

Not that its my business but $10k total or each? Must be nice, no offense.

2. avatar yahtzee says:

Nice by the way, I own ATK, and have considered SHWC for a while and have not yet pulled the trigger.

16. avatar Aharon says:

Way to go York Arms!! Another good company based in Maine.

17. avatar Greg says:

LOVE IT!!! More power to them.

18. avatar RKflorida says:

This is excellent. I wonder if our contacting foreign manufacturers will have any effect? For example, Glock.

1. avatar Matt in SD says:

Can’t hurt. People have been contacting/posting on manufacturers’ facebook pages.

19. avatar Preston Moore says:

How much business did they do with New York LE/Gov before?

1. avatar Bill F says:

Maybe not so much with actual agencies and police departments. But NY is top heavy with LEOs when you add in corrections officers. Their LEO status has allowed them to individually buy toys for their spare-time shooting pleasure that the rest of us have been denied.

20. avatar Matt in SD says:

Expect Windham Weaponry next. Mainer’s like to stick together 🙂

21. avatar KY1911 says:

Now if we can just get a major manufacturer to do the same…you listening Remington, Smith & Wesson, Glock?

22. avatar USMCVeteran says:

Take that Cuomo!!!

23. avatar Jesse says:

That is all manners of awesome.

24. avatar ST says:

In addition I insist that effective immediately , every ammunition vendor and maker cease all orders and business with New York State public agencies. Since guns are tools of oppression and citizens are disarmed , there’s no reason for federal and state LEOs to have cop-killer or any other kind of bullets.

25. avatar Soccerchainsaw says:

Perhaps the gun industry has learned a lesson from the tobacco industry experience: Hardball or be relegated to BBB minor league.

26. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

I love the way they worded it… The only way it could have been better is if they ACTUALLY SAID FOAD! Lol

27. avatar Chris says:

I can’t help but notice that all of the companies doing this probably have little to no LE/Government sales at all to begin with…

1. avatar Conway Redding says:

My hope is that this will be the start of something big. Does anyone know whether sales of arms/ammo to us civilians could make up for the loss of revenue to arms/ammo manufacturers if they stop selling to state and municipal purchasers? Too bad this idea didn’t come up before the state in which I live, California, turned into such a gun enthusiasts’ paradise.

1. avatar Chris says:

I strongly doubt that any company that makes a significant number of sales to these LE agencies is going to willfully eliminate that income.

1. avatar Casey T says:

Barrett did so to California.

28. avatar Nora says:

Thankful for companies that will take a stand

29. avatar Skyler says:

I’m still waiting for Ruger to do the same and atone for their past sins.

30. avatar New York Stagehand says:

I’ve sent each of the companies boycotting NY a thank you email. They are glad to get them as it confirms their choice. It is especially good for them if you are a New Yorker.

Next, we need to get the NY mfgrs to vote with their feet and then follow suite.

31. avatar Quantum Zen says:

Awesome, York Arms! Another highly pro 2A company added to my list with LaRue and Olympic that I will give priority to buying from.

This is great, I hope this really catches on…. Imagine if the whole industry would create some type of alliance like this?

32. avatar Pantera Vazquez says:

As a a former New Yorker who left years ago to the freedom of the south, I am absolutely tickled pink by the irony of York saying NAY NAY to New York. Can’t even send pepper spray to my dad in Brooklyn,,,,,,,,

33. avatar squarebob says:

The big boys that pulled out of the Eastern sportsman show need to do the same for the states of NY, CA, ect.

34. avatar Rob G says:

I’m so proud of York Arms and all the other patriot corporations who have recently stepped up and drawn a line in the sand in support of We, the People and our Constitution.

It’s extremely heartening to know that not all companies are full of greedy, coin-operated puppets.

35. avatar Melinda says:

Another one! EFI, LLC does not recognize law-enforcement exemptions to local, state, and federal gun control laws.

36. avatar CZ-PA says:

Many of the companies that “boycotted” the Eastern Sports & Outdoors show never even had booth space to begin with. They just wanted some good publicity with their customer base (gun owners).

Very few people/blogs did any vetting.

I wonder how much business this company does with NY LEO.

1. avatar Preston Moore says:

x2 This is a very effective way to get publicity and they are probably aware of that. But I still support their stance.

2. avatar Matt in FL says:

Yeah, from that standpoint it’s a win-win for them. They don’t lose much in actual sales, while picking up a decent bump from the public goodwill. At least they’re doing it by doing the right thing.

1. avatar CZ-PA says:

Looking at their website, it doesn’t look like they offer anything terribly unique. They probably don’t offer any products or services that aren’t provided by many New York based businesses. If that’s the case, would an agency really send their guns to Maine gunsmithing? I wouldn’t be surprised if they do zero business with NY LE.

I hope I’m wrong. I just hate to see gun owners being duped, and this smells fishy.

37. avatar Watchmen lewis says:

short out there supplies

38. avatar JOE MATAFOME says:

I love my Kimbers, but I won’t buy another gun from them or any other company in THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF NY (AKA: COMMIEVILLE).

39. avatar Wolverine says:

That goes for Illinios & California…

40. avatar Lance says:

Good we should have Glock do this NYPD scum can carry sling shots.