This is My Rifle

courtesy Tyler Kee

Tyler Kee

Send your “This is My Rifle” statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word RIFLE (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous. Click here for our Facebook page TIMR album.

35 Responses to This is My Rifle

1. avatarTyler Kee says:

In a battle with Nick Leghorn for the “Worst Handwriting” lifetime achievement award.

• avatarAlphaGeek says:

Let’s hope none of your elementary-school teachers read TTAG.

• avatarg says:

I tell my students that if someday I see them on the internet / TV, and the worst thing about them is their handwriting, I’ll be OK with that.

As long as there’s no spelling or grammar errors. And they graduated college. LOL.

2. avatartdiinva says:

Nice Garand.

3. avatarRoll says:

Got a garand you are willing to sell? I’ve got a bunch of 3006 but not one of my rilfes shoot that caliber…

4. avatarChuck in IL says:

Speaking of the Garand, what ever happened to all those M1′s that S. Korea wanted to unload? I need to own a Garand, it is a large part of history.

• avatarTyler Kee says:

The CMP still has them to my knowledge. I went to the actual depot and picked mine out.

• avatarChuck in IL says:

So the CMP got ahold of them? I lost track of the story and never did hear if they were allowed to be imported. Plus nobody seemed to know where they would end up, at CMP or the open market. Couldn’t really google anything up that wasn’t over a year old either. I hope the CMP got them, it would be a crime to see them destroyed.

• avatarTyler Kee says:

Ah… I misunderstood. No, the Korean Garands are still there. I was speaking to the “need to own a Garand” comment.

5. avatarSteve-O says:

“My Garand does my talking”

6. avatarRalph says:

That’s a man’s rifle right there.

7. avatarjaykayd says:

I had a ’42 Garand. A March ’42… I got it because I wanted an M1 built the same month my Dad was born. The muzzle wear and throat erosion weren’t that great but the rifle still shot the lights out. Garands rock… nothing says “RELOAD!” better than the PING after the eight shot. Thanks for the memories.

8. avatarDr_elusive says:

I would LOVE to own a Garand, I wish the CMP had a club around i could join to Purchase one.

9. avatarg says:

Sweet Garand!

10. avatarLance says:

Got a man’s rifle awesome. Thanks for your bravery to show your weapon and say to Obama “You will not take it”!!!

11. avatarSGC says:

“the greatest battle implement ever devised” Excellent weapon…:)

12. avatarjwm says:

Finally, a real man’s rifle and not a poodleshooter. I think a study needs to be done. How many dogs were shot by cops before they got the AR’s and how many after. Could be interesting stats.

As for the giggle switch on an M14. My own experience with a government issued M14 was with 1 that had already been altered to semi auto only. My own opinion is that the rifle is to light for the average shooter to get the besteffect from full auto. That’s just an opinion. If the rifle had a straight stock and pistol grip with a bipod it might serve the same function as a BAR.

13. avatarken says:

Does the lime green bracelet “link” you to your feminine side?

Nice gun though.

14. avatarLeftShooter says:

“Rifle paid for by collecting friend’s change deposited betwixt the couch cushions.”

Of note: my Western MA mother-in-law (age 92) assembled Garands at the Springfield Armory, maybe even yours. The home guard version of the Greatest Generation.

15. avatarSixpack70 says:

I’m waiting for my CMP Garand still. I went to Springfield Armory a few weeks ago. They have an awesome collection of gun and books. None of the guns are for sale unfortunately. I’ve wanted a Garand since I was 12 and picked one up during my hunter’s safety course. You have a great piece of history there!

16. avatarWmc85 says:

My fav. gun is the 870 Wingmaster my great grandfather got for Christmas in 1950. The gun was made in November of that year and my great grandmother gave 79.95 for it in the held grade deluxe. I know this is the rifle thing, but Obama wants it too. Worth my time posting, or are scatterguns not allowed?

17. avatarBlake says:

Fabulous, I must be the token TIMR old guy.

Whippersnappers, the lot of you.

18. Nice older guns!…Effective, in “Their Day”!… Sooooo Long Ago!… [A Collectors item, at Best!]. Too Many, Better, More Efficient, “Lighter”, to Carry, out there Now!…. Suggesting, “Ruger”, Mini – 30, [7.62 X 39 mm], or smaller caliber mini-14, in .223 cal. [20 & 30 shot magazines, also, have a 6 shot, for hunting!..].

19. avatarMy Name Is Bob says:

Ooh, a Garand! Most excellent!!!