This is My Rifle

coutesy Blake Hiatt

Blake Hiatt

Send your “This is My Rifle” statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word RIFLE (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous. Click here for our Facebook page TIMR album.

20 Responses to This is My Rifle

1. avatarAharon says:

Nice gun!

2. avatarAlphaGeek says:

Nice to put a face to the name.

That’s a pretty damn sweet rifle, too. Is it a .308?

3. avatarDon says:

Beautiful scout rifle

4. avatarOODAloop says:

Sooo jealous of the Scout Rifle. One of those with a 1-4 long eye relief scope would be the frickin’ cat’s meow…

5. avatarBlake says:

Yes, it is the Ruger Gunsite Scout .308 with a 10 round polymer magazine.

The polymer magazines are outstanding. The magazines come with a dust cap, which is great when storing loaded magazines.

The stock factory magazine for the rifle works, which is about the best that can be said about them.

I’ve debated offering to review the rifle for TTAG. There are so many reviews on the rifle, I’m not sure what I can really add.

6. avatarRandy Drescher says:

Nice safe gun you got there Blake, with that bolt action, Randy

7. avatarschizuki says:

I went shopping for a GSR. Got excited when I saw TWO on the rack! Got less excited when I saw they were both lefties. Grrr!

8. avatarS.CROCK says:

good ole ruger!

9. avatarRopingdown says:

Blake, how much eye-relief do you find necessary for a scope on your Scout Rifle?

• avatarBlake says:

Roping, I have absolutely no idea how much eye-relief would be needed. I’m sticking with the factory iron sights on the Scout rifle. I can regularly ring an 18×24 steel plate at 200 yards with the factory sights. In fact, with more practice, I wouldn’t be afraid to take game out to 150 yards or so with the current setup of the rifle.

Obviously, the Picatinny rail provides for a forward mounted scope. However, the rifle does have an accomodation for a more traditionally mounted scope, but, I think the rear sight has to be removed.

10. avatarRob says:

Nice Rifle!

Only one thing:

You misspelled “λαβέ”. There’s an eta at the end. Years of studying Attic, and Koine Greek, reading countless passages written by men great and meek alike whose bones have lone since turn to dust, and I’m reduced to spell-checking the Greek of my fellow gun-nuts…

• avatarSharkey says:

Hmmm, and yet you mispelled labe yourself. You have an epsilon not an eta. Greek font error?

• avatarBlake says:

It was copy and paste. To be honest, I’m surprised Word was able to interpret the characters well enough for me to be able to print something that even remotely resembles the original.

11. avatarMy Name Is Bob says: