Quote of the Day: A Piece of the Rock Edition

“Guns don’t need insurance. Guns are insurance.” – Blammo in a comment under Madigan’s Illinois Concealed Carry Bill Revealed

comments

1. avatar JackieO says:

I see a bumper sticker in the future. Who loves ya baby!

2. avatar Thomas Paine says:

would it be legal to require insurance for a right protected by the constitution?

similar to requiring insurance to protect your goods from unreasonable search and seizure?

1. avatar Brad says:

Or, requiring you to insurance for posting online.

NO it would not. On the face of it, it would be unconstitutional. But then again, that’s what I though about Obamacare and look how that got passed and later calrified by the USSC as a tax.

1. avatar Thomas Paine says:

yeah, i have a feeling that the supreme court statement ‘it’s not a penalty, its a tax’ will be used as THE precedent for curtailing freedoms in the future.

3. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

Guns are insurance…. I love it!

4. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Insurance for a gun, & brady criminal safe zones? Around here they know they can be sued if you are hurt in one so they have LLC’s with crappy insurance. A “safe” zone needs 30 million dollars liability ins. per customer to be sure they can pay for their stupidity, Randy

5. avatar speedracer5050 says:

Blammo and a T shirt business!!!
    Bet he could sell a ton of them, especially with the 1911 in the pic on the short!!!

6. avatar Dyspeptic Gunsmith says:

Indeed. I carry a gun for the same reason I keep a fire extinguisher in my car and house, for the same reason I have a first aid kit in the car and the house, for the same reason I keep emergency radios (ham and FRS) in our collection of stuff.

Prior planning prevents poor performance.

7. avatar Mark N. says:

I read that comment yesterday and couldn’t help but thinking, “I wish I’d thought of that!”