I Am a Gun Owner

Prof. Bathrobe

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

24 Responses to I Am a Gun Owner

1. avatarMatt says:

Hooray for another geek gun owner! I knew I wasnt alone! You, Sir, just rolled a crit with this photo!

2. avatarAlphaGeek says:

The Green Lantern shirt is an excellent touch.

3. avatarMatt in FL says:

I’m disappointed you’re not in a bathrobe.

4. avatarjwm says:

Jeebus, after seeing a bunch of these gun owners I really am feeling like an old fart. Kinda puts the lie to the grabbers claim that gun owners are a dying breed. We seem to have a lot of youth on our side.

• avatarMatt says:

My father and I teach a concealed carry handgun course at least once, sometimes twice a month. It is very rare to have more than half of the class be over 40. We’ve had lots of mid-20s to early 30s people, and have seen an increase in the number of younger women taking the course. It truly is a varied group, and no where near the ‘angry old white man’ stereotype put forth by the media.

• avatarRalph says:

jwn, we are old farts. And we ain’t gettin’ any younger.

5. avatarG says:

Sweet! Another aspiring game designer gun owner. There needs to be more of us.

6. avatarBenny says:

Hal Jordan?! It can’t be!!!
    Lmao good to see a fellow armed geek!! Welcome!

• avatarProfBathrobe says:

Here’s hoping my hometown doesn’t get destroyed by a cybernetic Diane Feinsteinn leading me to rampage across the NRA collecting all their guns while laughing maniacally before being absorbed by a giant Barack Obama made out of crystallized fear. Then I’l have to throw myself into the sun and I hate having to do that.

• avatarBenny says:

Words can’t describe how awesome that reply was.

• avatarJumbie says:

I’d have thought you’d be more a Kyle Rayner fan. After all, Kyle uses his ring to make guns all the time. Hal was always about the giant boxing gloves and hammers.

Still, glad to see a fellow geek on here.

• avatarProfBathrobe says:

Kyle Rayner was actually the first Lantern I came across in the comics (after Stewart on JLA). I just did the Jordan scenario for the response.

7. avatarAznMike says:

Holy crap so am I! I’m currently going through architecture school so hopefully I can work with level design on future video games. Can I get your email if I have any questions about video game developement?

• avatarProfBathrobe says:

Can’t give you my email in the comments. Sorry. But if you have any questions just post a response on the facebook page for this photo I’ll personal message you there.

8. avatarSkeev says:

Oh no! He has Role Playing game dice on shelf! He must be into the occult and devil worship!

Oh, sorry. I reverted back to 80′s Tipper Gore style religious panic.

9. avatarHal J. says:

As you might guess, I heartily approve of your apparel!

10. avatarMindflayer says:

w00t, another geek! May you always make your Will save!

11. avatarg says:

“In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight.
    Let those who worship evil’s might
    Beware my power–Green Lantern’s light!”

I think it’s pretty awesome we got several *ahem* geeks *ahem* here on TTAG. Thanks for speaking out, Prof.Bathrobe!

12. avatarMy Name Is Bob says: