I Am a Gun Owner

Scott

See all of the “I Am A Gun Owner” portraits here.  Please send your statement photo to guntruth@me.com with the word PHOTO (all caps) in the subject bar. Let us know if you want us to use your name, a screen nic or remain anonymous.

comments

1. avatar jwm says:

welcome Scott. Looks like we got the Old Skinny White Guy market covered now. I handle the OFWG segment myself.

1. avatar Evan says:

I’ve got the young skinny white guy covered.

2. avatar William says:

Welcome. We don’t always agree, but we really need one another.

3. avatar Don says:

Why Is Dan blogging and not watching the Super Bowl?

1. avatar Kelly in GA says:

If I remember correctly, Dan, like myself, is from Atlanta. We’re not too happy right now, at least not in football…

1. No. Dan is from St. Louis. Until this year, Dan hasn’t been remotely happy about football since, oh, 2006. After this season, though, things seem to be looking up.

He’s currently writing and keeping an eye on the blog while watching the game.

And this post was scheduled last night. Nifty, huh?

1. avatar Kelly in GA says:

I guess I misread one post a while back. Sorry, Dan.

Well, Dan, I guess you’ll be really excited when St. Louis finally gets a pro football team.

Oh, wait . . . .

3. avatar Darrell says:

Dan,
          I haven’t been happy since the strike of ’82. A few days after boot started … ended a bit after boot was over. I figured that if these guys were moaning about hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a game … they did not deserve any more of mine. I found other things to interest me.

4. avatar Taurus609 says:

And the worst part Dan, is Kroenke’s probably going to move them in two years, now that the arbitrator has ruled in his favor. We suffer through all of the bad years, and just when they start getting good again, someone else will get them!

4. avatar Randy Drescher says:

Hi Scott, good to see you here, Randy

5. avatar AlphaGeek says:

You rock, Scott.

6. avatar g says:

Thanks for speaking out, Scott!

7. avatar Jonathan miller says:

I am a gun owner.

I keep my weapons in a locked safe at all times when not at the range.

I have passed checks to have my firearms licence.

I think people who want to walk around carrying pistols may often be suffering from sexual inadequacy.

I wonder at 2nd amendments ‘absolutists’ who apparently can’t read the words ‘well regulated’.

I can’t understand why anyone needs military-type weapons for any sporting purpose.

I believe many of those leaving the most extreme comments here are delusional and some are profoundly mentally ill.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Hello, Mr Troll. Nice of you to join us.

Please take a moment tomorrow to remove the seat belt from your car, disable any air bags, remove all fire extinguishers from your home, and deactivate any security systems. When you’ve done all that, please unlock all of the doors and windows on both your home and your car.

Since you are clearly convinced that risk mitigation is a waste of time, I invite you to demonstrate for the rest of us how this should work in the real world.

It would be great if you and your giant manly c*ck could check back in a few months to let us know how that works out for you. Police reports detailing the number of vehicle and home burglaries you’ve suffered would be interesting reading.

Hello, Mr Troll.

Alpha, I think you misspelled “@ssh0le.”

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Damn iOS autocorrect. Missed that one.

2. avatar Jonathan miller says:

You prove my point! In your own sad case, let’s add anger management issues.

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

Heh. Anger management? Me? Clearly you’re new to these here parts, I’m not exactly a candidate for anger management counseling. Project much?

You’re really going to have to step up your game if that’s the best ad hominem attack you can muster. And don’t think I didn’t notice how you completely avoided addressing the issues that I raised with your assertions.

You’re no fun to play with, weaksauce troll. Run along, now.

2. avatar jwm says:

JM, I agree with you about those extreme comments. Check out Mikeyb. Hmmmmmm, Great Lenin’s Ghost. I think your theory about mental illness and extreme statements has merit.

1. avatar Jonathan miller says:

Thanks, mate. There sure are a lot of loonies around here!

1. avatar AlphaGeek says:

I do not think JWM’s agreement means what you think it means.

For the avoidance of doubt, you just stipulated that the most prominent gun-control advocates who frequent this site, specifically those who espouse opinions like yours, are mentally ill…

8. avatar My Name Is Bob says:

Welcome!!!!

9. avatar Billy says:

I’m still wondering why these posts are getting tagged under “Irresponsible Gun Owner”…

10. Gracioso js, paulo mq, hiruma lima ca, souza brito ar.